It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Army Weapon's- In Detail...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
gd point
say u ever been to bisley?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Nope, But I Have Been To Columbria And The Lake District If You Mean Camps? But No I Havnt Been There...

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
the RAF has a nce range there
the acomodations are really bad there

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Well Im Use To Barracks That The Cadets Had And They
Couldnt Have Been Worse Then The Soliders Barracks...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
it was warmer outside than inside
u should of seen the ATC they almost shot each other but really almost every 1 there wasnt a professinal or even semi professinal

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I never likes the SA80 or the LSW, they were fun to play with on the range, but for serious use I always prefered the SLR and the LMG. Never had a stoppage with either no matter what they'd been dragged thro. I always remeber one shooting match, some other units team turned up with there shiny new SA80s and LSW and started going on about how they were gonna wipe the floor with us and our old fashoned SLR's and LMG's. HA, we'd finished the shoot while they were still clearing all the stoppages.

Oh yes, you can stay in the cadets until 21 depending on your rank, I was a cadet warrant officer, and didnt leave until I joined the regulars (ya all right I know I must have been daft, but it seemed like a good idea at the time).

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by czakky
The one good point of the SA-80 is the SUSAT scope, which gives 4x magnification. This allows target regonition, and longer range fire than iron sights, which are on most other infantry rifles.

my mate's in the army, REME to be precise, and has nearly completed his basic training. anyway, he said it also has some night vision capability, because of the gases inside it

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSpallacus
my mate's in the army, REME to be precise, and has nearly completed his basic training. anyway, he said it also has some night vision capability, because of the gases inside it

yeah, the SUSAT has tritium gas inside it, which reacts with the sight post to give of a red glow in the tip of the sight

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
ok people as a soldier i am going to clarify some things for you

the sa80 and LSW as well as the m249 can have full night time capability with the addition of a Common Weapon Sight, basically allows you to see in the dark, and another thing, army cadets are restricted in their weapons for a reason, because they are nothing but little cowboys. i consider the SA80 series to be a fine weapon system and the A2 update may just have given us one of the most reliable systems in the world, mostly all weapons can jam which are automatic. the SUSAT is a big plus of the rifle but is generally only issued to infantry units, REME are usually given the iron sight, a peep sight. we had to change from the SLR because we are part of NATO and use standard 5.56mm ammunition, which is quite measly compared to the SLR's 7.62 round. I have physically compared both bullets and the 7.62 can indeed drop you in your tracks.
The GPMG is a fine weapon to use albeit it being heavy and the reason it fires in 100 round link is because the barrels need to be changed to prevent overheating otherwise you could just let rip with a thousand rounds at a time with a big grin, i would have my face in the dirt at the site of 3 of these weapons being fired at me

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
oh, and by the way, I have been on exercise with OTC cadets, and they were fine soldiers, these guys are meant to lead people like me in their careers but than again I am not as experianced as a platoon sergeant so I don't know the difference between a good officer and a bad one, but I can tell when one is a tosser

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Nice. Where can I buy some?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
the OTC !!!!!!
ha ha i seen them at a camp man they were stupid
most of em cheated and walked on thier 1 mile run

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by gizmo2k4
ok people as a soldier i am going to clarify some things for you

the sa80 and LSW as well as the m249 can have full night time capability with the addition of a Common Weapon Sight, basically allows you to see in the dark, and another thing, army cadets are restricted in their weapons for a reason, because they are nothing but little cowboys. i consider the SA80 series to be a fine weapon system and the A2 update may just have given us one of the most reliable systems in the world, mostly all weapons can jam which are automatic. the SUSAT is a big plus of the rifle but is generally only issued to infantry units, REME are usually given the iron sight, a peep sight. we had to change from the SLR because we are part of NATO and use standard 5.56mm ammunition, which is quite measly compared to the SLR's 7.62 round. I have physically compared both bullets and the 7.62 can indeed drop you in your tracks.
The GPMG is a fine weapon to use albeit it being heavy and the reason it fires in 100 round link is because the barrels need to be changed to prevent overheating otherwise you could just let rip with a thousand rounds at a time with a big grin, i would have my face in the dirt at the site of 3 of these weapons being fired at me

Are you sure you have actually used the SA80, I was in the army for 3 years and I know the SA80 is the most unreliable weapon ever to be used in the armed forces, The SA80 Holds 31 rounds yet you can only fire 29 rounds with a mag, If you put 31 rounds in the mag it will jam on every shot, a grain of sand will totally cock it up and in battle could cost you your life or even your squads.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AcidShivers

Are you sure you have actually used the SA80, I was in the army for 3 years and I know the SA80 is the most unreliable weapon ever to be used in the armed forces, The SA80 Holds 31 rounds yet you can only fire 29 rounds with a mag, If you put 31 rounds in the mag it will jam on every shot, a grain of sand will totally cock it up and in battle could cost you your life or even your squads.

iv never used a SA-80 but iv fired a L-98 now both are of simliar design except ones auto and ones not.
but really its not designed for desert so thats why it screws up, you cant blame it for not working in terrain its not designed for.
its like giveing a man woodland camo and sending him into a desert. their designed for diffrent terrains.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
its not designed for desert so thats why it screws up, you cant blame it for not working in terrain its not designed for.
its like giveing a man woodland camo and sending him into a desert. their designed for diffrent terrains.

If the weapon is to be the standard weapon of a good army, it should have been designed to be versatile and work in lots of different conditions, especially the most likely locations it will be used in.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
yeah but its mainly desgined for european combat cause britain usually doesnt go into pointless wars with desert countries.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I posted a link to the British army site where you can see 360 degree inside of tanks helichopters if i find it Ill link it

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
There is a link to a 360 view inside a Challenger II and a recovery vehicle on this BBC site but thats about it.

It doesn't have as much stuff as that other one

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
ATS link

Found it at last this should be the right one tanks planes boats as far etc enjoy.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
ATS link

Found it at last this should be the right one tanks planes boats as far etc enjoy.

Thanks for finding that again. I saw it before but unfortnately I couldn't find it again. Those are great links for British Army Weapons. I have bookmarked it now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join