It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCARIEST jobs chart EVER

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Job holders, seekers and observers,

Most of you know that many millions of jobs have already been lost in this massive jobs meltdown going on in America, which is going at a rate of about 250,000 jobs being lost every single month -- and we have not EVEN hit bottom yet.

A chart can show at a glance exactly how bad it is, relative to the many job-losing recessions that we have had in the past, to wit...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

...with this quite-useful and east-to-understand chart.

I'm just glad that I'm retired and already have my big stack of silver to fall back on.

I wish those of you who need to find jobs the best of fortune to find them.

Many people have gone into working for themselves, rather than to try to find jobs and many have succeeded, against all odds, so, perhaps, you could consider going into a low-cost-entry kind of business, rather than to try to work for someone else?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

Yeah that's pretty crazy. I dont know how long this is going to keep going. I hope that it gets better but it's not going to happen anytime soon. It's going to continue to get worse...especially Christmas season. If it's poor the economy is going to plummet even more.

The stock market shouldn't be anywhere near 10,000 right now either...but it is. Stocks going up 150 points on just one bit of news is crazy.

Our jobs are disappearing...the entire nations debt is exploding...and the war is escalating.

It's nasty out there.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The service industry bubble is the next to collpase.

It is now feeding upon itself.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Yeah...there's the credit card bubble and commercial real estate bubbles as well.

We still have loads of problems and I don't see how we can get out of it without things getting even worse than they are now. Some think it's going to get better...but they are being far too optimistic for me.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Well I must say. This is exactly what Obama wants. Utter economic, political collapse and chaos to overthrow the government and set up a dictatorship like he has been instructed.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Recovery is happening, and jobs are available. Problem is qualified persons.

I just got my job. Thank God. Now making what I made before, completely different industry, same basic kind of work

Just prepare for adjustment. It's no big deal. Change is fun and can be good. Make sure you look around. Don't forget Craigslist for jobs, some are great.

And for Pete's sake, don't pay somebody to get a job.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
I just got my job. Thank God. Now making what I made before, completely different industry, same basic kind of work

Just prepare for adjustment. It's no big deal. Change is fun and can be good. Make sure you look around. Don't forget Craigslist for jobs, some are great.

Congrats, Jim, for your new job. I hope that it works out for you.

Yes, just because this is a declining job market does not mean that there are no jobs at all available and you case is an example of that.

For most, it's a really tough market out there, so I wish them the best to survive in this tough job market climate.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Congrats and well wishes on you new job Jim. I keep looking and hoping as I have since the middle of January when my job was phased out, but nothing yet. I am positive recovery will come to my neck of the woods soon.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Just so that you know, there's a really great website...

www.shadowstats.com

...that tells the true numbers of the real numbers of unemployed, the real numbers of the CPI and other stats that the gov't distorts massively.

new topics

top topics

join