It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: Israel's threats inexplicable

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I hope that neither Israel or Iran initiate any sort of battle or war. For those of you who say that Israel would be hiding behind US troops, Israel has already destroyed Iranian Nuclear facilities in the past singlehandedly. Afterwards the world said, "Bad Israel!" Then, after 9/11 the world looked back at what Israel had done in 1981 and said, "Good Israel!"

blog.taragana.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by really

I believe it was Iraq's nuke facilities that were bombed in 81. Then Syria's in 2007. I guess anyone who looks at Israel cross eyed should expect to get bombed.

If Israel wants to be respected in the region then it needs to conduct itself like a responsible adult instead of a paranoid, bullying, spoiled child. It's time for Israel to grow up and realize that sometimes other people don't like you and you just gotta deal with it, and that it can't keep running to it's big brother America and his friends to have them rough up whoever Israel has in it's sights that day. It seems Israel is the one doing the instigating.....

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abbby
reply to post by really

I believe it was Iraq's nuke facilities that were bombed in 81. Then Syria's in 2007. I guess anyone who looks at Israel cross eyed should expect to get bombed.

If Israel wants to be respected in the region then it needs to conduct itself like a responsible adult instead of a paranoid, bullying, spoiled child. It's time for Israel to grow up and realize that sometimes other people don't like you and you just gotta deal with it, and that it can't keep running to it's big brother America and his friends to have them rough up whoever Israel has in it's sights that day. It seems Israel is the one doing the instigating.....

You're absolutely right about it being Iraq. I apologize. Long day.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by really

No biggie. Second line.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
One thing I learned long ago, was that if a man says he's going to do something, I take him at his word.

And one thing I learned long ago is that most men that bark loudly rarely bite. And that's only when their bark in the first place wasn't transmitted through a third party. Like a high school classmate hell bent on watching a fight that he isn't in, with no ass whooping of his own at stake.

This isn't high school, dooper. There are real lives at stake here, and potentially millions of them when you factor in the consequences of an attack on Iran over the long term. Thank God and Allah that at least cooler heads have prevailed to this point, despite the fact that the high school style rhetoric is still ever present.

Another thing I learned long ago, is the very moment it becomes clear that there's LIKELY to be a fight - that very instant - I'm attacking.

Again, your attempts to bring this down to a bully on the local block scenario are insensitive and not representative of the scale of this self-created propaganda the west is peddling as a problem with Iran. It really just doesn't work, dooper. This is war, not fist fights we are talking about.

I'm not waiting, hoping for the best, I'm not taking the first hit, and I'm not taking a chance on his good will, or that he'll change his mind.

The only mind around here that needs to be changed is Israel's, in regards to signing the NPT. Iran is doing just fine by continuing to be signatories and abiding by IAEA inspections.

He's going to take the hit, and once I knock him down, I'm going to make it physically impossible for him to come back at me for at least two months.

Iran may take the hit, but what happens when they ignite the rest of the Muslim world against us, again, and achieve revenge, or worse, such as a sense that they MUST acquire nuclear weapons, through costly wars of attrition like the two we are in now? Do we really need a third?

Give him time to think about that revenge he's normally think about doing at his first opportunity.

I want him to NEVER, ever, want to be the recipient of another ass whipping like he just got. Saves a lot of future fights.

My learned friend Proto looks further into the situations, and with a much deeper, much wider field of view than I do. I tend to say, "the closest alligator is the biggest." And whack that one, right now.

Proto looks beyond the immediate field, and while we may not see the same things in the same way, I respect what he sees from his vantage point, and I think he gets a chuckle out of my tendency to nail the closest, biggest gator THAT I CAN SEE.

Israel is gun-shy. They've been attacked too many times to lay back and wait.

Whether they do, or whether they don't, you can believe that Israel will never do it like the Iranians expect.

That is one thing the Israelis are consistent on.

Surprise.

If Israel is going to nail the closest, biggest gator they can see, then maybe they ought to consider what kind of attack they will mount next against Hisbollah, seeing as the last time they nearly got their asses kicked. They merely need look over the border to Lebanon for that, rather than over several countries and the Persian Gulf to contemplate attacking Iran.

All in all, your comments seem to lack any research whatsoever into the lack of evidence any reputable agency has of ANY nuclear weapons program in Iran, much less to even justify contemplating attacking Iran for real. And over what? A few nuclear reactors for nuclear energy?

It's sad really that you just continue to perpetuate lies. Perhaps you would do well in the MIC lobbying business. They can always use another war.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join