It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: Israel's threats inexplicable

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Iran: Israel's threats inexplicable

www.ynetnews.com

He was referring to an interview given by former Deputy Defense Minister Ephraim Sneh to the Sunday Times in which he said that if Iran were not further sanctioned by this Christmas Israel would attack the country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 10/10/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Anyone else have any other sources for this yet? Just seen it on Drudge... the Middle East sure could get uglier fast.

Really is an interesting time to live in, who knows what I can tell my grand children in 50 years... If we are still around.

~Winter~

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
so who really cares...let them put thier words n money where their mouth is then..stand up and stand by yuor ebliefs, or forever hold your piece then,and cower in a corner...thats what i say. they dont have the balls to do it.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Oh they have more than enough balls to do it. They will do it with or without the backing of the US. If they have too, they will destroy Iran's nuclear facilities and no one will have the balls to do anything about it.

The best thing to watch will be when Iran folds like an old cardboard box once the pressure gets put on them. Just like all of those Persian/Arab countries, their mouth will have written a check and their ass will be too scared to cash it.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by StinkyFeet]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I doubt they will wait until winter. I look for an attack before the end of October. I hope I am wrong, but I don't think I am. Theire are signs that Israel is getting real restless.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
How about:

"The US to attack Israel if they don't sign the NPT by Christmas."

Cause that's what it ought to be.

Sanctions on Iran for what? Being subject to (and abiding by) IAEA inspections all this time while Israel gets to do whatever they want with impunity?

BS.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The original comment took place almost a month ago...

Israel to Strike Iran if...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by StinkyFeet

I agree, that is why they keep making these threatening statements. It kinds of like standing up to the lion. You have to make yourself appear bigger, stronger and meaner. I just have no idea how to fix the whole middle east, they're so deeply caught up into religion and the my god returns to rule world vs your god returns to rule the world. I believe but I just don't know what to believe.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet

Oh they have more than enough balls to do it. They will do it with or without the backing of the US. If they have too, they will destroy Iran's nuclear facilities and no one will have the balls to do anything about it.

Then what are they waiting for?

Seriously.. go ahead.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
what are they waiting for?

i suppose the planning. planning stages can take months. their is trainings, briefings, test runs etc;

that or they are simply drawing a line in the sand.

need i reming you of the 6 day war?

isreal opens can o' whooparse

israel is not a pansy state. one of the best airforces in the world!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster
i suppose the planning. planning stages can take months. their is trainings, briefings, test runs etc

Months?? You mean they just plan for this war this year? They should be preparing for this a long time ago. Kinda slow there.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

The best thing to watch will be when Iran folds like an old cardboard box once the pressure gets put on them. Just like all of those Persian/Arab countries, their mouth will have written a check and their ass will be too scared to cash it.

You really believe that to be true don't you? I don't know how to really respond to what seems like the bully spotting the weakest kid in the school and then finding out he has a black belt in some wild form of hand to hand combat.

So many people underestimate Iran it's unreal.

Iran has had a long time to prepare for just a scenario as this, just because it isn't broadcast all over the internet and TV does not mean such a plan does not exist.

As the saying goes be careful what you wish for.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
How about:

"The US to attack Israel if they don't sign the NPT by Christmas."

Cause that's what it ought to be.

Sanctions on Iran for what? Being subject to (and abiding by) IAEA inspections all this time while Israel gets to do whatever they want with impunity?

BS.

I agree. We must get out from under the oppressive heel of Israel and stop doing her bidding.

Israel will be the death of America because they don't mind sacrificing us for their own ends.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet

Oh they have more than enough balls to do it. They will do it with or without the backing of the US.

The main reason they have those balls is because the our boys are between them and Iran.

Like it or tot, the US would be involved in this conflict by virtue of this positioning of our forces.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Israel is so arrogant.

For the most part, from what I witness.. maybe it's a little different from other peoples perspectives, but Iran tends to just keep to themselves. Only are they "speaking" when Israel or the US prods at them.. Just responding.

Israel on the other hand, never misses a chance to declare itself omnipotent or never misses an opportunity to use the holocaust as an excuse for God knows what..

They are always acting as if they are ultra-superior over every other nation. They expect every other nation to do Israel's bidding..

It's quite sickening. I imagine there are really good people in Israel that are tired of the poor examples their "outspoken ones" give them. Much like the US..

Edit: For spelling and grammar.. and such, and so on and so forth.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by SyphonX]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
You would have thought that of all the nations of the world , Israel ought to know better than to behave like a bunch of fascist pigs. I mean did the second world war show them NOTHING ? Did they not see what fascism in action looks like ? Did they not learn why its WRONG to do what they are doing ?
I mean I have heard of learning difficulties but these guys must be vegetables or something.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Couldn't have said it better myself!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Very difficult to destroy their facilities- they are deep underground and also in civilian locations

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Hey wxforcaster----

You might not think the Yisrae'lis are wimps, but they sure ran screaming back to their mommies during the Hezbollah woopass party against them in July-August 2006--which was a kind of proxy war with Iran who backed Hebollah with drones etc.

If the Yisrae'lis dare pre-emptively strike a country the size of Iran as they pretend to be able to do without any US support (doubtful), they will rue the day they thought up that plan---most likely Iran would strike 'Israel interests' worldwide in retalliation first..and let them think about it for a while...before letting loose the hordes of hell via one of the neighbouring proxy countries.

The whole plan would result in yet another mis-managed fiasco of the current Israeli military whose reputation after Lebanon has fallen off the charts, even from within their own ranks--the number of Refuseniks is growing every week, and for good reason...

BB-for-brains Nuttin'Honey needs to step down and be replaced by a leader with both brains and humanity---and a clue as to what the world thinks of 'that little abortion' and their nasty coverup / disinformation machines worldwide...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If the Israelis ever needed any verification that Iran was a threat to Israel, then Ahmajackoff has single-handedly made that verification on numerous occasions.

One thing I learned long ago, was that if a man says he's going to do something, I take him at his word.

Another thing I learned long ago, is the very moment it becomes clear that there's LIKELY to be a fight - that very instant - I'm attacking.

I'm not waiting, hoping for the best, I'm not taking the first hit, and I'm not taking a chance on his good will, or that he'll change his mind.

He's going to take the hit, and once I knock him down, I'm going to make it physically impossible for him to come back at me for at least two months.

Give him time to think about that revenge he's normally think about doing at his first opportunity.

I want him to NEVER, ever, want to be the recipient of another ass whipping like he just got. Saves a lot of future fights.

My learned friend Proto looks further into the situations, and with a much deeper, much wider field of view than I do. I tend to say, "the closest alligator is the biggest." And whack that one, right now.

Proto looks beyond the immediate field, and while we may not see the same things in the same way, I respect what he sees from his vantage point, and I think he gets a chuckle out of my tendency to nail the closest, biggest gator THAT I CAN SEE.

Israel is gun-shy. They've been attacked too many times to lay back and wait.

Whether they do, or whether they don't, you can believe that Israel will never do it like the Iranians expect.

That is one thing the Israelis are consistent on.

Surprise.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join