It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure what to believe ?!? need help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
my partner isn't a very healthy women in fact if she contracted the swine flu it would kill her in a day or so, should i take her to get the vaccination ? the whole thing has either died down here in Australia unless cases aren't being reported so they don't scare the masses, should i take a wait and see attitude and see if it sprouts up again then get take her to get it or should it be avoided like the plague ?

atm she is as healthy as she is going to get (at least she isn't dying) is there any real benefit from this vaccine?

im worried if she does get the vaccine will it make her sick?

how will i feel if she doesn't get the vaccine and she contracts the swine flu and dies ?

her parents have both got it with no effect and are fine...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

how will i feel if she doesn't get the vaccine and she contracts the swine flu and dies ?

Tell me this...

How would you feel if you took the advice from a member of an online forum, and it turned out to be wrong..?

Talk to her and find out what they want...this decision is personal, not forum fodder.

content edit...

[edit on 10/9/2009 by happygolucky]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

i wouldnt take the advice soley from a forum :p

id listen to what others have experienced from it im still looking at news sources and journals but theres so much conflicting info its hard to make a decision, my wife is indifferent one way or the other she only seeks medical help when she is sick and never worries about vaccinations, i always have to be on her back to remind her to take her damn tablets

stitch in time or let sleeping dogs lie?

the whole thing is pretty screwed up

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

THis is a question only you can answer. Read various sources about the vaccine, both pro and con.

If you have a family doctor that will talk straight with you, in other words that can lay out the facts about the vaccine issue, then this is where you should go.

I have people I care about dearly, if I had a concern about something as specific as your situation I would aggressively gather all the information necessary to make an informed decision. Again, I would speak to a doctor I had a relationship with to get a professional opinion.

I realize this is not the answer you were seeking, but the answer truly lies within you.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

my wife is indifferent one way or the other she only seeks medical help when she is sick and never worries about vaccinations, i always have to be on her back to remind her to take her damn tablets

o.k. well, this affects the OP and should have been included...

Yet, I still feel this is a decision to be made by her, and hopefully with your opinion taken into consideration as well - considering the effort you put into the situation...

The more I think about it, the more this becomes a dilemma...

Either way - good luck.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
My advice would be to get the injection if she really badly needs it. I would also suggest that you get an injection, so your chances of contracting it and passing it onto her are reduced.

I tend not to believe anything I read here about swine flu becuase its 99% fear mongering from people that believe anything. Also, if her parents have got it wiht no adverse effects....does that tell you that this vaccine is as bad as the scare mongers here say?

Do your own research, elsewhere...not ATS decide for yourself. Also, ask a doctor about the risks of the vaccine. They will not lie to you about it....doctors are like how they are portrayed here.

Whatever you choose, good luck...and please bear in mind that things at ATS are no necessarily accurate

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

yea ive been looking at articles all over the place but there always seems to be some bias if its a pro western site the article is positive about the vaccine if its anti western its negative, hard to find a "just the facts mame" article without some political agenda behind it i thought maybe there were people here on ats who have had it or know people who have had it and if there were any adverse effects.

i feel like im damned if i do and damned if i dont

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I would not take advice from the people here.

Most of the people are still paranoid about forced vaccinations over a couple of videos with no supporting evidence.

What I would do is get opinions from a couple of doctors.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Remember how the doomsayers claimed that the swine flu would destroy civilisation? It didnt...

Everytime there is a pandemic people here start claiming about it being an NWO product for population control. And then when a vaccine comes out they claim its a form of NWO population control?

It never is. I could say with almost 100% certainty that the swine flu vaccine is completely safe....in all most all cases

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

and thats the problem are they recommending it because they are paid to recommend it or do they truly believe it helps and if they truly believe it helps on what evidence are they basing these assumptions? is it because the government told them the WHO are the WHO being paid to recommend it? like wtf there is so much BS its hard to trust anyone...

thats why i want to hear from those who have either had it or know people who have had it

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Remember how the doomsayers claimed that the swine flu would destroy civilisation? It didnt...

yea it chagrins me every time it fails to eventuate

i guess i could take the easy way out just say ill leave it up to her knowing she wont get it done

top topics

join