It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New movie about the Paranormal whose release depends on you!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
So I came across this on facebook today. A new movie called Paranormal Activity that will only be released nationwide if it gets a million demand requests.
This makes total sense it takes the guess work out of whether or not the public will see a film. Please make a demand if you would like to see this film released.
I am going to see if I can find a trailer.

Here is the link.
Paranormal Activity Demand IT!

[edit on 8-10-2009 by NephraTari]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think i heard of that before, thats been out before in local cinemas, is that the one?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I saw the trailer for it when I attended a pre-release showing of "Zombieland". We were invited to stay after and watch Paranormal but truthfully it looked like a bad "Blair Witch" copy to me. I didn't stay.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Not sure if it is what you saw but this is the youtube trailer.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
all my friends tell me its the bomb, i put my vote in

i think its already at a theater near me but i havent gotten to see it yet.... LOL

on the plus side i saw zombieland too, and it was F-ING AMAZING

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I would as long as they're not tracking to see if you actually paid to see the movie...ummmmm well, my income doesn't allow for those luxuries,
but I'd like to see it released so eventually scifi will play it.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This doesnt make sense - the whole if-we-get-a-million-yays-then-we'll-release-it thing.......doesn't make sense. Why would a producer/distribution company/director spend a WHOLE heap o money on making a movie and then not release it (even if folks said no); - I mean, even if it bombed - they'd be trying to make back as much money as they could

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by XHellcatX

Why? This is obviously a publicity stunt. The movie will get released regardless of the numer of requests.

I assume they don't have the money for an elaborate advertising campaign so why not let the people online do the advertising for you. People will spread this website around, like this thread, and slowly increase its awareness. A very cheap advertising campaign if you tell me.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by broli]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Exactly it looks just like another blair witch movie, personally I think those type of movie are worthless.

You get people with the first one but after that is just old news and the same crap.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by XHellcatX
This doesnt make sense - the whole if-we-get-a-million-yays-then-we'll-release-it thing.......doesn't make sense. Why would a producer/distribution company/director spend a WHOLE heap o money on making a movie and then not release it (even if folks said no); - I mean, even if it bombed - they'd be trying to make back as much money as they could

To get a database of people to sell to other companies. Information is power.

Targeted email lists are $$$$

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Ah, it all makes sense now

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I saw the film last night and truly enjoyed it, from beginning to the stunning end. As I stated in another thread, there are people who will think a movie is garbage simple because there are not enough “oooh’s and agghhhs” created by CGI or special effects. I on the other hand love a good story that is well acted.

This is not a Blair Witch Project rip off as some have stated, this is an entirely different movie going experience. I admit that I enjoyed The Blair Witch Project, I took the film for what it was, a damn good story. The only similarities between the two films are that they are both told from the main characters’ perspective via a home video camera.

You will find this movie tremendous if you love a well told story. However, if you are easily distracted, and cannot get into a film with out millions of dollars spent on special effects, I would recommend that you skip it.

By the way, the ending of this film is much more gratifying than The Blair Witch Project (although I enjoyed the ending of that film as well) but that was the big knock against that film if you recall. Remember, the premise was that the students were missing for many years and a team of students found their footage. If you got into the story you not going to expect a perfect ‘wrap it all up’ type ending. The footage was what it was.

Again, I highly recommend this film only for those who have a decent attention span, and enjoy getting engrossed in a good story.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkHorse

Thanks for your input TDH! Please join me in reviewing new releases here.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Also I encourage others that see the films I review to contribute to my reviews; especially if they have a different take or disagree with me.

namaste whaaa

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

movies.yahoo.com...

This has been released...this is an aricle about how it did at the box office.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This campaign has been going on for over a month. It's an extremely low budget movie ($11 000 i think) and they have been asking for people to demand it in their cities. I did a few times for different areas near me. They released it in 20 cities. They all sold out so they decided to do 20 more, Toronto got one! Then the demands got up to 1 million and now its getting a "wide" release on the 16th of October. Chances are it will be a limited wide release, which happens a lot. It will hit most cities but not all.
I just checked out imdb and it's #5 at the box office with only 33 screens.
Those are crazy numbers! From what I've seen of this movie from trailers and posts, it looks amazing. Check it out if it's near you or wait till the 16th.

And it's based off paranormal activities that the writer/director experienced.

top topics

join