It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planets and Moon Terraformed (Mercury, Venus, Our Moon, Mars, Saturn's Moon Titan, and Pluto)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I did a search on this and didn't really find anything on it so, I just thought everyone might find this interesting. Imagine we could terraform any planet or moon in our solar system. What would they look like with oceans and such? Below are a few images I found searching on the web. If you have any other pictures of terraformed planets or moons post them here because I find them interesting to look at.

Mercury:

Venus:

Our Moon:

TerraFormed Moon Video

Viewable Side

Far Side

Mars:

Terraforming MARS Video

Saturn's Moon Titan:

(The picture to the right is a better version)

Pluto:

Enjoy!!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Doesn't look like anyone finds this interesting but anyways, found this video of Earth doing the opposite of the above (marsforming???)

Enjoy...
Earth turning Mars Like

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Nice stuff man, thanks for sharing

BTW, here's the mars' terraforming transition.

upload.wikimedia.org...

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Moraz]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
All of this is but a pipe dream,
Humans cant just assume that what is possible on their planet is possible on all others with the right planning and technology,
Introducing anything from earth (or earth-like) onto a different planet (yes including people) is going to have an infinite amount of unknown reactions/consequences,
No amount of computing power in the universe can predict what will happen, It can guess, but even then it will be very far off,
Say for example humans decide that a certain plant would survive on lets say mars, because they have tested it and found mars to have suitable living conditions for it (based on it living on earth), If they do this, they have no idea how that plant will react once introduced to a completely foreign environment (an entirely different planet for that matter)

Basically its an unlimited amount of trial and error involved, and since humanity doesnt have a 'back' button to 'undo' what mistakes they will inevitably make, Terraforming will always remain a pipe dream,

My name is Seth and i hope you have enjoyed me crushing your dreams

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
lol, seth

Yeah obviously this is far fetched, basically its just filling in the low areas with water and putting plants on the left over "continents".

This post was just, hey if this were at all possible here is a good example of what it could possibly look like.

It's not a post of, OMG look what we can do, OMG OMG, I want to live on Mercury one day.

LOL.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Interesting stuff! I had no idea these existed. Thanks, OP, for sharing. It was also neat to see how the Earth may appear when it moves too close to the sun and dries up, millions of years in the future.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Cool. I just hope that when we will be capable of terraforming other planets in Solar system, we will not have to terraform Terra itself too.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AmmonSeth

AmmonSeth o ye of little faith , would fall into the ranks of the people that scoffed at the round earth theory , heavier than air flight and space travel.All these were laughed at and dismissed as pipe dreams but are now taken for granted as possible today. If we are serious about this thing called civilization , colonization and terraforming planets will be the next great undertaking of mankind and yes there will be bumps in the road with a plant , animal or 2 , hell even a virus!!! But to say we can't do it without even trying is a bit too defeatist.First thing though , we must throw off these repressive corporate Governments before we endeavor this task else we'll be paying taxes from here to Pluto.

top topics

join