It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

String of coincidences or something else?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I first want to thank one of the true legends on ATS for giving me the courage to start this thread. I agreed not to mention their name but I appreciate their help. You'll always be my favorite author/writer on here.

I haven't been a long time member of ATS but I found that if there was a place to bring something, strange or just confusing up, it's here. There are some truely smart and amazing people on this site that have an open mind.

Quick background
I have always noticed things that others around me may not. A recent example: at a relative's house for a reunion, I brought up that one of their house numbers was a different color then the others. No one else noticed (50+ relatives and friends) and she explained they had to replace it after a windstorm. About 12 months ago, I started noticing playing cards in odd places. A joker would be in a parking lot, another card in a movie rental place, a couple more next to a garbage can, etc... All from different sets and occuring days, weeks or even months apart. Things like that seem to happen for whatever reason.

Now the reason for the post.
(Sorry for the long prelude) A month or so ago, a thread was started on here that spoke about a Coast Guard incident involving the prez and his motorcade crossing a waterway in Michigan. I will look for the link after I post this. I made a comment about how this event could very well be an assassination attempt using a method like the terrorists did with the uss cole. Well, shortly after that post, I left for home. I work in a major city and live in a small suburb 35 minutes away. While getting off my exit (during rush hour), I noticed a USA tractor trailer getting off in front of me. For whatever reason, I see something scribbled in the dirt on the back of the trailer. Thinking it maybe another "show me your t1ts" or clever joke, I read it closer only to get an amazing SHOCK! It was my name, clear as day. Here on the back of this truck, on an exit that is moderately busy, right in front of me is my name. (Taken on an AT&T/HTC Tilt).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8be3ec1af917.jpg[/atsimg]

It gets a little more odd. Later that evening, I get a knock at my door from an APEX home security salesman. He mentions he is only looking for a handful of homes to offer this great deal to (yes I am sure he says the same thing to the others) and because of where my house is located, we were one of the homes picked. He goes through his deal and mentions that criminals, felons or anyone wanted by

the police, ATF, FBI or NSA
don't qualify!! Who says sh#t like that? Anyways, he laughed and I tried to. He followed up that line with

Please put your finger here so we can get a scan of your finger print
and supplies his iPhone. I jerked back and he laughed again saying my neighbor who is also in IS/IT security had the same response.
Long story short (too late), I didn't get the service.

So did I just experience an odd string of events? Was it a sign or message I missed? One last thing. I do have to say that my father retired from the USAF as a colonel a couple years ago on projects that I'm sure I will never completely know about. That is why I thought the USA truck was another interesting part of the experience.

Not sure if I exposed too much information or not enough but that is all I feel comfortable letting out right now. I would appreciate not getting flammed. I'm looking for insightful, open minded responses to help me figure out what went on. I thank you for your time and help with this.

**Fixed minor grammar issue

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Roadblockx]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
was he going to take your print with the Iphone? if so there is a utility that they have that fakes scans but it doesn't really work. He might have been a fraud.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

Thanks for the reply. No, he was just using it as a "prop" to make me think he was. Trying to make a joke I guess.

I don't know if he was legit or not. With the way the day went, I am still with-holding judgement. So what do you think? A message or just an odd string of events?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The "something else" you're looking for may be what Carl Jung described as synchronicity. It is basically coincidence that is meaningful to you. Interesting string of events you posted, thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx So what do you think? A message or just an odd string of events?

Not a good judgement of stuff like this but I'm leaning toward a coincidence. The name on the back of the truck could have been the drivers name or something. Do you take that route all the time?. The security salesman kinda rubs me the wrong way though I don't think he was legit. Maybe talk to your neighbor and see what was said or the feeling he got from that salesman.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by sandman441]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazystars

I've heard that word before but never knew what it meant. Very interesting concept. Have you ever experienced something like that?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

I am even worse at judging things like this. Much worse.

I'm with you on the truck thing. I do take that exit on my way home after work or after coming from shopping with the fam downtown. It would be easy to ballpark when I would be going that way.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

that would freak me out! maybe they are on to u...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I love symbolism and syncronicity. It is no accident but I think you are the only one who can interpret it.

Did you have a specific thought, sense or feeling with each of these instances? Or were you just confused?

To me it is the universe/spirit, whatever trying to get your attention so you can put things together...get a clue so to speak. But you have to continue to pay attention and listen to your first instinct when it happens.

Once I figured it out, it has happened many times to me and is always right.

As a side note, my father was 33 years military serving as an attache in intelligence and my grandfather was a colonel. I have often heard that military children were programmed more than others. Not me tho, parents divorced early.

Something to think about. I will follow your interesting thread.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisd250

Yeah, freaked is a great description. Seriously, I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. By far one of the most bizarre days I have ever had...

I was nervous to even post it (not a normal tinfoil hat wearer) but I finally got some great advice and did it.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

You know, I only spoke of the cards to one other person and they mentioned something similar about the spirits. When I found the cards, I knew I was onto something, like I was supposed to find them. One day I found several and didn't pick them all up. Ever since then, I haven't seen any.

I keep seeing these "signs" (cards, name on the back of a truck right in front of me) but not sure what they are supposed to mean. It's like looking at a book written in a foreign language.
Great observation by the way and thanks for your post. Please pass along my appreciation for your dad and grandfather's service. Great to see a fellow military brat on here!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I have learned to believe that there are no coincidences. I had a string of signs during a hectic time a few months back. Even down to bumper stickers on cars that related exactly to my situation. I followed the advice and things worked out perfectly.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx

I've heard that word before but never knew what it meant. Very interesting concept. Have you ever experienced something like that?

Oh yeah! The thing is, the signs and events are completely personal to the one experiencing synchronicity. Oftentimes an event/sign that “clicked” for you in a meaningful way will go unnoticed by the those around you.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

WOW!! Thanks bluejay! Now that is encouraging. I only wish I knew what several used playing cards and my name on the back of a USA tractor trailer meant! Maybe there are other signs I am missing.....

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

reply to post by blujay

WOW!! Thanks bluejay! Now that is encouraging. I only wish I knew what several used playing cards and my name on the back of a USA tractor trailer meant! Maybe there are other signs I am missing.....

Which cards did you come across?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Well, your name is certainly symbolic of what you are going through right now.

As for the truck, I don't know...sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Do you remember what cards you found where? If so, look up the tarot meaning of these cards or symbolism of the number, type of face card.

You might start playing with a deck to show the universe/spirit that you are serious about the meaning of cards and/or other symbolism in your life.

It took me several years of writing my dreams before I got to a point where some were precognitive and others just about what was going on in my life. Sometimes I had to look up the meanings and apply what was meaningful to me and discard that which wasn't. You gradually get better at this and it becomes instinctive. Often I don't have to think about it, it is just a knowing.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx While getting off my exit (during rush hour), I noticed a USA tractor trailer getting off in front of me. For whatever reason, I see something scribbled in the dirt on the back of the trailer. Thinking it maybe another "show me your t1ts" or clever joke, I read it closer only to get an amazing SHOCK! It was my name, clear as day. Here on the back of this truck, on an exit that is moderately busy, right in front of me is my name. (Taken on an AT&T/HTC Tilt).

That is a trucker thing. The "t*t" thing has been going on for years. The name is just on there- ppl do that all the time- its like when someone writes their name in the dirt on someone's car. Same thing. I used to write my boss's cell number on my trailer "for a goodtime."

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazystars

Oh yeah! The thing is, the signs and events are completely personal to the one experiencing synchronicity. Oftentimes an event/sign that “clicked” for you in a meaningful way will go unnoticed by the those around you.

It never fails that ATS has some of the brightest minds posting their thoughts. Good call hazystars. So your thought is that they are just a random strings of events that only I would be able to pull meaning from?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

Well, your name is certainly symbolic of what you are going through right now.

As for the truck, I don't know...sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Do you remember what cards you found where? If so, look up the tarot meaning of these cards or symbolism of the number, type of face card.

You might start playing with a deck to show the universe/spirit that you are serious about the meaning of cards and/or other symbolism in your life.

It took me several years of writing my dreams before I got to a point where some were precognitive and others just about what was going on in my life. Sometimes I had to look up the meanings and apply what was meaningful to me and discard that which wasn't. You gradually get better at this and it becomes instinctive. Often I don't have to think about it, it is just a knowing.

LoL! I was just going to suggest the tarot thing!

Second line.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Hey Hazystars. Great minds? Or Coincidence?

Probably just two people on the same page.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join