It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IBM Builds Bar Code Reader for DNA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Not sure if this is New World Order ... Technology ... Medical info .... IMHO it's New World Order. But many will think it's medical/technology so I'm putting it in the Technology forum. Mods .. move as you wish.

Information Here

Imagine a world where medicine is guaranteed not to cause adverse reactions because it's designed for an individual's DNA.

Imagine a diet tailored to the precise speed of a person's metabolism. Using a little microelectronics, a little physics, and no small dose of biology, IBM has brought that futuristic world a little bit closer.

The DNA Transistor is a project from IBM Research that aims to advance personalized medicine, by making it simpler (and much cheaper) to read an individual's unique DNA sequence — the special combination of proteins that makes you unlike anyone else.

I understand this is supposed to be helpful in medical diagnoses, etc.
Ya'll might find it interesting and you might like to discuss it.
Enjoy.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
probably is.... you IBM sent techs and new computers over to Germany for hitler those numbers that were tattooed on where used for an IBM punch card computer for tracking and what not... the then CEO/prez of IBM was a big fan of hitler ... and funny u said barcode ... any one been on google... today

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Yes, google has a bar code because it's the anniversary of the invention of the bar code.

Of course you could also use your DNA as a pass code. Just think rather than having an ATM pin or a signature on a credit card order you use a DNA scanner to scan yourself and that acts as your unique password making it nearly impossible to use a stolen card.

Of course I give a system like that about a 2 second life before someone uses it for evil.

new topics

join