It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is believing illusional?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

sounds about right.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Taskism

Originally posted by Taskism
God is everything. That includes each individuals mind, body and spirit. If anyone in the Abrahamic religions believes that God is omnipotent as they are told, they should understand that he is everything... good, evil, black, white... Everything. There is no need for division.

Indeed, no need for division - the division always causes conflict. And what you said about finding the god in the end of your post - didn't you find reality instead of god? Isn't that what you meant?

Originally posted by Taskism

I have been agnostic or borderline atheist my entire life. Something happened and I gave religion a chance. When I did, I found God.

Because what I mean, isn't your phrasing really close of dividing god from reality? I propably know what you mean - you didn't do that intentionally. One cannot seperate god from reality. God is reality and otherway around. Actually, reality is.

I really appreaciated your input, thanks

-v

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Doublepost deleted.

-v

[edit on 7-10-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Friedrich Nietzsche

Indeed - the reality is a pathless land. I really liked that

-v

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by platipus

I'm glad that you think so. I am writing out of my experience and hope that others will do so as well - don't trust me nor books, leaders, priests or gurus - just trust yourself and the reality.

See you around!

-v

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 10001011

Originally posted by 10001011
We urn for a connection to something far greater than ourselves, and we always seem to look outward for that, What if its always been there, and your mind has to put it in a defined experience for you to even listen.

Yes, we seem to crave something, yet we are - usually - incapable of accepting reality as it. Craving is wanting something in future, but it is attached in the past. We are unsatisfied with ourselves, no wonder. We think ourselves of being something (the past) and wanting to become something else (the future). There we fail to experience the moment.

-v

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

Are religions forms of mass hypnosis that causes people have similar experiences through indoctrination?

Mass hypnosis? YES. Why do you think it's called God Spell? They are all under a spell. Some become parrots; others become Zombies.

How does it happen? Well, first of all these congregants are in an environment where they are "talked down to" from a man on higher platform in front of a pedestal. It is a lecture shoved down your throat. It is not an environment conducive to learning. Questions are not tolerated. If you question you are ostracized by peers or maybe asked by the preacher to leave the congregation. They seem to have their people bamboozled to believe that words from the preachers mouth are directly from God and not to be questioned.

The church has always found a way to silence it's opposers. They used to throw rocks or burn challengers at the stake. Sometimes strung 'em up on crosses. But they have promised a peaceful anihilation for those of us in this generation. It will be a simple 'cutting off' from society where we cannot participate. Only those who have "the mark of god" as they will call it will be approved in their "Age of Judgement" that they have planned.

Yes, sometimes religous people do a good deed for society, but more often they cause separateness, wars and all sorts of distinction.

Right-o. Churches have always been about divisions. Each religion thinks they are the "chosen ones". Every religion tells its congregants that they are more special than others and have exclusive rights to god that the others religions do not have.

The only reason they ever do a good deed for society is selfish motivation. In the early ages of the church when missionaries were first sent to foreign lands they used the lure of free food to get people to come. Before they could get the food, the people had to attend some religious rite or sermon. In this day and age where homelessness has been orchestrated, they will once again dangle the carrot as a bag of food and appear to be benevolent with their dominionist agenda.

There is an agenda in place to make people dependent on these "benevolent" organizations. Just always remember...those who offer the solutions may be the very ones who were the catalyst to create the problem.

Religions have lost a lot of their followers. They have to find a way to get them back. This is how their marking system will creep in.

Also all political systems are as much belief as religions. We believe to be this and that, always seperating our groups from other groups. This has caused at least as much suffering as has religions.

It takes two different hands to execute a secret handshake. One washes the other. Thats why there are two pillars holding up the top of the pyramid. Boaz- Jachin.

Divide and conquer is the oldest battle plan of all.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Hi and welcome to this thread! You point out some interesting things:

Originally posted by Alethea

The only reason they [the believers - OP's edit] ever do a good deed for society is selfish motivation.

I agree, and there are several motivations behind the selfish drive; someone wants to be a better person, other one wants to show others how good one is, someone gets kicks of acting properly and within generally accepted set of beliefs and so on...

Rarely people do good things only by the basis of understanding that they are part of one reality, one existence - knowing that by helping others they are helping themselves.

I don't really know how it is supposed to be or even what is reality, except of my subjective experience of it. All I know is the reality I experience; and in this reality there is so much misery and suffering in the world at large, caused by all the distinctions we make.

Sincerely,

-v

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I wonder why word 'imagination' is based on 'image'...

Could it be because "mage" is the singular of Magi?
Could it be because all of the "prophets" were actually using technology traded to them by the aliens, and passing it off as "God" to a bunch of superstitious people?

Could it be because HarMAGEdon is actually a spiritual battle against these magicians who use superstition, chaos, and fear to manipulate and control people?

Could it be because the concept of this "powerful" god is based on iMAGEnation?

For example, the Ark of the Covenant was nothing more than a prototype of what we today know as HAARP. The cherubim (never mind they were not supposed to have graven images) were actually activated carbon from willow and the copper Baghdad battery was in the chest. You can read in the scriptures about Solomon keeping a spare pair of gold plated carbon arcs in the temple.

It was all magic tricks, smoke and mirrors. Now we seem to have entered the age of Pan, the god of Panic. All this fear mongering is coming from that direction...stage right.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Originally posted by Alethea

I wonder why word 'imagination' is based on 'image'...

Could it be because "mage" is the singular of Magi?
Could it be because all of the "prophets" were actually using technology traded to them by the aliens, and passing it off as "God" to a bunch of superstitious people?

Could it be because HarMAGEdon is actually a spiritual battle against these magicians who use superstition, chaos, and fear to manipulate and control people?

Could it be because the concept of this "powerful" god is based on iMAGEnation?

Could be that or could be just the extension of the word 'image', which means somesort of picture. I don't really know, your explanation has also some good points.

-v

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
THREAD INFORMATION:

Starting from my own mistake of creating this thread in 'Conspiracies in religion'-section, the thread was moved to BTS religions section. I requested mod that was responsible for moving it, to move it back on the ATS, to 'psychology, philosophy and metaphysics'-section, which was granted. I thank the moderator and all those that have participated in this conversation so far.

See you around,

-v

top topics

<< 1   >>

join