It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you fight the devil

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Question for Christians. In what way have some of you have fought the devil and temptation. Their is many ways Satan can attack you. I'm wandering about some of Christians experience in fighting Satan and his temptations.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

Obviously, the best way to fight the devil is to challenge him to a fiddling duel. Be wary of his band of demons though. Now, he is pretty good but he can be beaten..... oh yes, he can be beaten.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

"Resist the devil, and he will flee from you"

Too bad, you can't do it on people XD XD XD

And another: "Put on the full armor of God and stand firm"

Something tells me, that trying to fight the devil in a fashion like in the fit of anger doesn't work just like in Sun Tzu's Art of War. Also, try not to challenge the demons, because they are really up to the challenge!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I think I met him once, I was around nine years old and it was back in the seventies.
The day was gonna be a hot one, a rain had poured down yesterday and we were looking for frogs and newts.
My two friends had already scooped a couple of the fiery-bellied newts from a oily dirty pool and they reckoned the best was over a high pointed fence that followed the dirty track that we were on.
The fence had just been tarred and I remember climbing it, or at least trying to, when I grabbed the pointed top.
Man it hurt! The point ripped the palm of my hand and I fell back with a bump onto the dirt and old clinkers of ore from the deserted nearby foundry.
My two friends calmed my sniffling and assured me they would go over and if they found any newts and such, well they would get me some.
They left me at the side of the track.

Then the man came. He was tall, he wore all black, except for the white dog collar around
his neck. He walked as if he hadn’t seen me there, nursing my bleeding hand and then as he passed, he turned swiftly.
“You okay kid” he said softly and put his hands behind his back. I glanced around at possible escape routes, “yeah… I just cut my hand, that’s all” I responded and looked up at his face.
He was fairly young, probably in his late twenties or early thirties (to me at that time, he was just old!) and his features told of all weathers and happy times.
“Lemme see?” he whispered and I displayed my hand in front of me. The man rasped his unshaven chin and said “ that’s a lot of blood there”, he seemed to smile to himself as he peered at the wound.
I snatched my hand back and readied myself to flee. “It’s okay kid, I ain’t what you think” he chided and stood to his full height. A small voice inside me started to recite the Lord’s prayer and a feeling of goodness swept over me. Then as we stared at each other, I heard my friends coming back, that was his cue.
With a swish, he turned and walked in the direction he came from and I stood to meet my friends and purvey the event that had occurred.
Then he was gone. I rushed to the place where he’d been stood, but nothing. No receding figure walking down the track, no hidden priest in the undergrowth… nothing.

My friends vaulted the fence and showed me their captured goods. I tried to relate this tale to them, but with a sweep of their hands, they dismissed it and marvelled at the newts and frogs.
So that’s my tale, I still think it was Him, and I still think he wanders the highways and byways looking for the fallen.
So watch for Him.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by A boy in a dress]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I charge my Holy Lightsaber and I cut the red bastard in half when he messes with me.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Our Father Who art in Heaven, Hallowed be they name. . .lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. . .
This should be basic.
That should free us from our personal concerns, in order to combat the bigger evil, and Satan, who wants to subjugate us through false doctrine.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Although not a Christian, I find there is only one way to fight evil (the devil), and that is with love.

He really hates that...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
does anyone have experences with see evil, devil or anything like that. How did you feel, what did you see. Did you have any faith at all?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
does anyone have experiences with see evil, devil or anything like that. How did you feel, what did you see. Did you have any faith at all?

My brother did. Satan came to him and offered him a situation where he would be a nationally recognized religious leader/preacher, I guess with a popular TV show. Anyway, he turned it down. What this tells me is to be extremely suspicious of any preachers you see on TV.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

First off...there is no devil.

My brother did. Satan came to him and offered him a situation where he would be a nationally recognized religious leader/preacher, I guess with a popular TV show. Anyway, he turned it down. What this tells me is to be extremely suspicious of any preachers you see on TV.

This story is similar to one of mine. My sister's ex-husband was offered a situation comedy. He thought it was Satan but turns out it was legitimate.

Satan comes to people? Really? How can he do that if he doesn't exist?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

First by making you think he doesn't exist!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Question for Christians. In what way have some of you have fought the devil and temptation. Their is many ways Satan can attack you. I'm wandering about some of Christians experience in fighting Satan and his temptations.

See my post here:
www.ministeringdeliverance.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

He does exist. Read this true and scientific book called, "The devil and Karen Kingston". It will chills down your spine.

hbcdelivers.s439.sureserver.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

true and scientific

What makes that story true or scientific? It quotes the bible quite a bit and right there it is suspect.

But seriously, what makes the story true? If you believe it is true that is fine but that doesn't mean it is true. It simply means you believe it.

In what way is it scientific?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Strangely, it might have something to do with what Ahnggk said. This happened after he decided that he did not believe anymore, and resigned his position preaching.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Karlhungis, that video is hilarious. Thanks for sharing it with us

I know this might sound like a very strange answer, but what if you tried showing him compassion? Not let him manipulate you or scare you, but allow the power of love to triumph over his tendency to use evil? When he says "I hate you and want to harm you!" say "I have compassion for you and want to help you, lost soul."

[edit on 9/10/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

You ask the Lord to rebuke the devil, we can't "fight" him. It really helps when tempted to not entertain the temptation, being tempted isn't a sin, Jesus was tempted often throughout His life. Giving in to the temptation is sin.

So, the best way to resist temptation is to ask the Lord to rebuke him on your behalf, to keep you from temptations, and to remember memorized scripture. Turn your temptations over to the Lord, He is more than willing to wage war on our behalf.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

You can only fight him with truth.
It's not real fun when the hyenas are nipping at your heels and they won't stop either.
I guess, say your piece and drop it, cuz they'll try to wear you down with accusations and PC smears...funny cuz they're the same dopes who say not to judge!!!..:bnghd:..:bash:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

Obviously, the best way to fight the devil is to challenge him to a fiddling duel. Be wary of his band of demons though. Now, he is pretty good but he can be beaten..... oh yes, he can be beaten.

I cant tell you enough how much I appreciate you Karl.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

First by making you think he doesn't exist!

I'm really starting to dislike that quote. I don't know why it gets so much play, probably because it "sounds good".

Of course, even by the bible the biggest trick of the devil is to make people think he is god, which has nothing to do with him "not existing".

You might could also say that a big trick is making people think anything they don't like, or agree with is automatically the devil/evil. Which plays on peoples biases, getting them to spread hate, death and destruction.

I have no idea if the "devil" exists. To me, it doesn't actually matter. One doesn't need to look very far to see that there is evil among men, and that there are men in this world who live by such things. That is really all anyone needs to see.

Afterall, does it really matter if it's the "devil" behind things, or if it's just some powerful person pulling the strings? Not to me it doesn't. It's the actions that matter, and it's the actions that make someone what they are.

As far as "fighting the devil", that would come down to fighting evil. And do you do that with your own evil, death and destruction? No. You do the opposite of that. All anyone can do is their part, and to do their part means they stick to the commandments and such no matter what.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join