It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why There Won't be a Revolution in America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
people wont rebel cause they ve forgotten how.

i for one cant wait till the main electricity grid is shut down and people will start to live.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I’ve come to do a 180 on the Bush & Barak plan (BB plan sounds a lot better then BO plan). Think about it. Remember Sarbanes & Oxley who lost all that free stock they were given. What if his name had been Uxley? Sure would have described our government.

After WW1 we learned that influenza & pneumonia will spread in the densest populated areas. This will be the inner-cities (the low-income Americans), the large cities (the crowded in Americans) , the tent cities (the unemployed Americans) and the illegal American communities. Then you have the obese Americans, the disabled Americans & the auto-immune compromised Americans. After the shot we’ll become auto-immune compromised but that is for after.

We know that almost half of Americans don’t pay taxes because they are the low-income Americans. The unemployed Americans and the illegal American communities are now members of that group. The school system (compulsory education & vaccination) will become the breeding ground.

I don’t see a lot of people worried about all the deaths to come. Not many Doctors are predicting dire consequences. No marches, nothing on talk radio – nothing. I’ll feel bad for the kids & the pregnant mothers.

Well, it is not like the media controls the Media anymore. I think the lies and righteous indignation were a lot better then the pap we get now.

There is a heavy metal cleanser on the market that deals with the blood brain barrier and so will take the heavy metals away from the brain. There are a couple of good ones to deal with heavy metals in the rest of the body. Diet and exercise for the auto-immune illness and I’m good to go (also good is sunlight for vitamin D).

That leaves the 2010 elections if there are any.
Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California (some of it may still be around), Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Missouri, New York, New York, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin are all up for grabs.

The people who are left (less the Christians – Rapture, remember) will have a last chance before the end to make a difference.

Maybe I am just tired.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
i've said it before, i'll say it again, if people won't vote, protest, contact their public representatives or run for public office to achieve their political aims, they won't lay their lives and comfort on the line for them.

a revolution isn't something you just do, it takes organisation and a coherent idea about what you want to achieve as well as a charismatic leader, a widespread sense of hopelessness with the current situation and a real impotency to change it by means other than violence.

at the moment all that exists is a vague feeling of discontent and a crystallized sense of entitlement.

to me, it looks more like a toddlers tantrum than a patriots blood sacrifice.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Revolutions are never started by lazy people. It's always the idealists,
the crazies, the self-righteous that begin them. Once a revolution happens
even the least motivated of us will have to choose a side because A) - we
don't want to die, and B) - we don't want to lose our stuff.

Events will overrule any predilictions towards indolence. No-one sits still
when a hurricane blows into your house. In the end we will all do what we must just to get by.

Whatever is required to stay alive is what the vast majority will do, even if
that means resorting to violence. It WILL be a huge change, you're
right about that. Maybe many can't even conceive of using
violence in self-defense. I admire them and pity them at the same time.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Americans won't revolt because, like the Romans, they are satisfied with "bread and circuses". (Just another way of saying what the OP has said.)

The end of the American Empire will come, when the senile, bloated ruling class that controls it starts to lose cohesion as a group. In Rome the emperor occasionally made war on the other powerful families.

Eventually criminal gangs fall out with one another. Then comes chaos. Then comes the assertion of a new power.

The first American Revolution was a lucky accident of history. Americans revolting today would be revolting against a brutal, heavily armed fascist technocracy entrenched all around them, not against a mentally ill 18th century monarch three thousand miles away.

If there is a revolt of the American people, mass civil disobedience will be the weapon. Think the major Vietnam war era disturbances. Armed militias aren't relevant. If they are active, they will play the same role they did at Waco, i.e., getting wiped out.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by ipsedixit]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
What people forget...especially on places like ATS is that the ruling elite...the powers that be...the status quo...whatever you want to call them are not a monolithic block.

Rather they reflect the same divisions that they use to fracture the lumpy proletariat and middle class...

and in the long run that fact will be this nation's saving grace because when revolution finally does come they will not be able to face it down as a unified ruling class like say China or Russia does.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join