It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why There Won't be a Revolution in America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Why There Won't be a Revolution in America

www.saidwhat.co.uk

There won't be any revolution in America,' said Isadore. Nikitin agreed. 'The people are all too clean. They spend all their time changing shirts and washing themselves. You can't feel fierce and revolutionary in a bathroom.'
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I stumbled upon this quote and after reading endless dribble about the coming revolution from the right wing here on ATS I decided that there needed to be a reality check.

This quote highlights the fundamental thing about life here in America...

There will not be a revolution here in America because simply put...we are too damned comfortable...even with (relatively) tightened belts.

Even the poorest...indeed even the homeless live like kings compared to many parts of the world.

And more important people want to remain comfortable.

Then there is the reality that the right hates to confront...that despite all their noise...they are a minority...a SMALL minority politically.

Yes they make a lot of noise but so does a cat in heat.

The population of America are too comfortable and nothing will change...no uprising or anything like it is going to happen until people start getting hungry...and not just the 10 or 15 million unemployed right now but far more.

A tea party and blowing steam on the internet does not make a revolution...and if the past couple of presidential election cycles hold to pattern...like him or not Obama will probably get reelected...after all bush minor was reelected and he couldn't form a coherent sentence...and as it stands right now the right has no one they could run against Obama and win...

And we all know Palin is a joke.

www.saidwhat.co.uk

[edit on 4-10-2009 by grover]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
...that despite all their noise...they are a minority...a SMALL minority politically.

www.saidwhat.co.uk

[edit on 4-10-2009 by grover]

wow...you think the right is a small minority? Where do you think the people who Voted for GWB went? Have they all converted to Obamatons? Your short-sightedness is the reason democrats lost their 50 year powerhold in 1994, and its LOL ironic because...its that they were too comfortable. Its not that they cant win...they cant compete in the arena of ideas

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Remixtup]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Remixtup

I said the right wing which is even a minority among conservatives...not to mention the rest of the country.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I would utter caution. Too many for too long have said the same, believed the same.

It is an arrogance to assume that we will never revolt because of our comforts.

History is filled with said examples.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
There will be a revolution is our rights are not given back and more are taken (which they will be). It is our "duty" as American citizens to deny tyrants and rise up against oppressive gov't. I think this quote by Thomas Jefferson about sums it all up:
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Oh I know that...and personally I feel one is long overdue but its not going to happen because the right is having a tissy fit over Obama as president.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingoftheworld
There will be a revolution is our rights are not given back and more are taken (which they will be). It is our "duty" as American citizens to deny tyrants and rise up against oppressive gov't. I think this quote by Thomas Jefferson about sums it all up:
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

please explain what rights you want back, that you think you have lost. the last election wasn't even close. 8 million more people rose up against the republicans to deny their tyranny and oppressive governance. so what...you want a "do over"
you are advocating a bloody revolution, an overthrow of this government by violence. and you seem to speak very clear about this.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Obama is just the catalyst. Whether it's McCain, or Clinton who had held the seat of power, people were already in motion.

The Administrative branch, is just that. A branch. The Legislative branch, has been slinking in the shadows for way too long now. They are the ones that will create the tipping point.

Just my humble opinion, but you never know. . .

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The blacks had plans for succession for decades, and stockpiled massive weapon hoards. The story among the brothers is that their leaders were assassinated, as were the major followers and players. Ironically their birth rate has decreased by like 30+% in the last few decades.

There was a You Tube video of Zbigniew Brzezinski saying how in India a thousand civil servants could control millions and how now the world populace was politically aware and Western civilization was at risk. He said clearly now their only advantage was technology and it was now easier to kill a million people than to control them.

To be anti government is a health hazard. I fear for the Christians considering the history of the blacks. And there will be race wars when the cities go into complete decline. Just work in a high school with African American children for a few years and you will have no doubt. The race hate is venomous. Just like it is among the caucasian elderly. And most likely the stockpile are still in the urban areas and they spent millions of gov't community grants on them.

Everything is tracked from the food you eat to the books you read and the things your write and say. And gun, knives and homemade bombs are like sticks and stones to the military technology where what is released to public view from genetics to computers to physics is 30-60 years antiquated. I drove half way across country and in the last two-three years cmaeras and 440 el mag array towers are up everywhere in all the towns and cities.

Sure somethings up, everything is crumbling here and the empire is shifting its power to Europe again and then Israel. China will probably get the credit cards next and the major minority and remaining caucasoid populations here and in Europe will be controlled and put back to work. Like the dark ages the masses unless over 60% -70% in uproar will do nothing to change this tide. And then if they do rise at that magnitude due to the nuclear strikes and the madness the 1000 years of propagandized peace becomes 2000 years of hellhole and complete decay. Its still a lose lose game. Just like voting for the prez.

Its still survival of the fittest and take care of your own and your communities. Darwin did not see the compassion of the bird communities... and Spencer the old bloke he stole the theories from said evolution toward complexity is always followed by devolution.

The monkey in the wrench is climate change.... geologist see the pattern in the ice core data a heat spike every 120 thousand years. Thats a cosmic storm.
Human CO2 just jumps on top of heating core, solar activity, HAAPs heating the ionosphere and volcanoes. Latest MIT model is 90% certain that there is a 3. - 7. degree increase in temp by 2060. The east coast is under water in less than 10 years with Greenland melt and if it goes to the high end and Antarctica melts then most of Europa is under water. And for every degree increase in temp there is a 6% increase in storms, earthquakes and volcanoes etc...

www.apocadocs.com...

Stockpile popcorn and watch it go down, since Hol(l)ywood is crashing and the magic wand is being turned off the masses will be cranky and the new reality show is on the streets.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
People won't rebel because they have it good here. We have everything. We have all that we need. Compared to poor countries we're in heaven. As long we have what we need and we have a basic supply of food people won't complain and they'll be satisfied regardless of how much of an illusion our wealth is. Poor people know that they're oppressed. If a revolution were to occur here in America it would have to start with the poor.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DChenO

The blacks had plans for succession for decades, and stockpiled massive weapon hoards. The story among the brothers is that their leaders were assassinated, as were the major followers and players. Ironically their birth rate has decreased by like 30+% in the last few decades.

To be anti government is a health hazard. I fear for the Christians considering the history of the blacks. And there will be race wars when the cities go into complete decline. Just work in a high school with African American children for a few years and you will have no doubt. The race hate is venomous.

Dang, I don't know what to say about these quotes, aside from my belief that you are projecting your own personal hatred towards the "Blacks" onto them, in order to make your own prejudice justifiable.

On 9/11 you didn't see the "Blacks" simply taking care of their own, nor did they inhibit the "Whites" from receiving help. Everyone pulled together, because everyone was in trouble.

When the SHTF, nobody is going to join you, or attack you based on the color of your skin, no more than they will do so based on the color of your hair, eyes, or your religion.

The language of your post suggest a "race war", that simply isn't going to happen, except perhaps in very small isolated groups, such as the one you are a part of.

If you decide who and how you will help someone, or who and how you will accept help, based on the color of peoples skin, then I feel sorry for you, I really do, because you and those who think like you do, will be some of the first to die.

Everyone pulling together, regardless of their skin color, is the ONLY way to survive past the point of empty grocery store shelves.

I hope you can change your hatred of the "Blacks" before you have to decide whether to live or die, or that decision will be made for you, by your own bigotry.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DChenO

That is utter nonsense.

There is not going to be a race war in this country.

If it ever comes down to a civil war in this country it will fall on political and/or economic lines...not racial ones.

I was opposed to Hillary Clinton because I felt that if another Clinton got in the White House that would be 24 years at the very least of power in this country divided between two political ideologies and two families and I felt and still feel that such a divide would be bad for the country which is why I am still opposed to both another Clinton or Bush in power any time soon.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
"I hope you can change your hatred of the "Blacks" before you have to decide whether to live or die, or that decision will be made for you, by your own bigotry."
--uaocteaou

Your confused and rude. I'm quoting old black gang boys. The brothers in one big city got 3 million for community and spent 125k on a school and the rest on columbian weapons they wanted a new south... I'm quoting them when I talk about assassinations being about the stopping of a secession that was anti government. And put 2 and 2 together for yourself who were the leaders of the movement.

As a white go work in an inner city school and go see who's hated. Can't talk about the truth without it becoming a personal issue? Funny I can talk about this with my black friends and they don't start making gross accusations like you. Sounds like your brainwashed by don't say black or your a racist and into not dealing with the issues and flaming. White supremacy has many forms.

I asked my black gang girls what would happen with a depression and a white prez in the house. They said 'we'd start robbin and burn the white house down again.' And the old brothers say yes there would be race violence. Look at LA. in the 90's or San Fran in the 60's. Go to city data. com and look at your urban demographics across the county. The good old boys have lost their white utopia. Poverty rules their grand cities. Sure not all blacks hate whites just like not all old whites are haters..... but its more than enough and then group think will take over. And if anything happens to Obama it will be major ugly.

As to the birth rates its scientific data research it. I found it odd. Because I have Native friends whose mother's were sterilized in the 70's after giving birth to them in Federal Indian Hospitals. Things haven't changed that much since the 60's they are just ramping up.

I don't disagree with you about everyone pulling together, but the confusion the ignorance, the rudeness, the anger, the desire and the selfishness is huge on all sides.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by DChenO]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I know a lot of black people of all walks of life (and I don't call them boys or girls) and I don't know a one who really believes all that nonsense about a race war.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

they were boys when they were in the gangs and the girls are still girls...

so what's your point are you in the inner city amongst the gangs? or are you among the educated elite? because then what you say is true.

If you talk about it your a racist?
If you ignore it your a fool?
I believe the people that were there more than
I believe you or the news or the history books.

I work with red gang kids now and some of them are angry as hell at whites, they just have no power. Money and guns and drugs... power.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
To the OP your little snippet is the stupidest thing I have read..Maybe you can beleive it the shoe fits yourself,but I have seen toooo many men and women give a good days work and get dirt under there nails..

Thinking this kinda nonsense is what killed the cat

Im starting to think you have a few accounts on here..HMM..Both from roanoke,both have dogs in there avitars..

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DChenO

. And there will be race wars when the cities go into complete decline.

Race wars? Seriously? You think their will be Race wars?

Well That may be the opinion of the Klan but here in reality the average 17 still has no color coded blinders when trying to hook up with a pretty chic.

Race wars will not happen in the inner cites when they go into complete decline.

You win the most ignorant post of the week award DChenO.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
if some thing happens to barry I can assure you that citys will be burning to the ground..Look into some of the churches in harlem..there videos are all you need to see..The most racist thing I have seen on Youtube and they REFUSE to pull them off..

youll see..

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

I agree wholeheartedly...most of the black people I know don't want anything to do with that BS...

I was told by one fellow once that it was bad enough that some whites were still talking about race wars much less the loud mouthed fool on the corner. Screw both of them...what I want is a job.

And that tells me everything I need to know about the subject.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join