It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens in Jupiter (The Great Red Spot)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by fanthorpe

The spot changes significantly over time and has been shown to absorb/merge with other smaller storms

That is my question, why didn't the great red spot absorb that tiny winy storm which went right through it and popped out of the other side?

That is why I posted the image..

media.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-3-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink
Around the equator Jupiter's winds blow at an estimated 340 MILES per hour!
It's atmosphere is composed mainly of hydrogen and helium, with small amounts of methane. The atmosphere is also very deep, perhaps even comprising the whole planet itself.

I highly doubt there is any thing living on the surface.

Just my opinion though. I am not one to really say it's completely impossible however it is unlikely.

After all who's to say we can't have silica based life forms that breath methane or some other types of toxic gas. Man thinks he knows soo much, but I think in time he will see just how little he thought he understood!

Extremophiles survive on earths most deadliest places so who is to say nothing can survive there?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I think extremophiles(sp?) energy, or extra dimensional being are possible within all the gas giants.
there possible right here on earth and one is proven

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
G'day oozyism
I don't.

See? this is what I mean... was that constructive?

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
you should have posted this in skunk works.
By its definition Skunk works is the 'speculative theory' forum and this theory sure is speculative.
my opinion? no there are no aliens living in the red spot on Jupiter.

You are entitled to your opinion... but since there is NO PROOF of Aliens either way, is not the whole topic of "Aliens and UFO's speculative by nature?

I am reading these replies... and I have to look to make sure I am still on ATS :shk: Personally I am getting weary of these BS posts. How about adding something positive once in a while? Not everything requires debunking, especially a 'speculative' topic..

Life on Jupiter

Lets see.... hmmm three categories come to mind..
Floaters, Sinkers and Hunters
No land required

The Floaters riding the updrafts over the great storms...

Like giant balloons, miles in diameter...

High up in the atmosphere, where temperatures and pressures allow them to live..

The Hunters feeding on the floaters... sailing through the atmosphere...

The Sinkers... short lived that slowly succumb to gravity

Kinda look like the orbs hanging around Earth...

Now I could explain all these but ya know, I didn't make these... It was none other than CARL SAGAN, speculating on life in Jupiter's atmosphere so why not hear it live in his own words?

Now children, can we agree that speculation IS a valid part of science? If it's good enough for Carl, surely it's okay for us?

To the OP Been waiting for the right thread for this

edit on 28-9-2010 by zorgon because: Mooooo

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
OK let's ponder.

I think that Jupiter's Red Spot contains intelligent Aliens, let's check it out:

Great Red Spot

Interesting Facts

Age: anticyclonic storm has lasted for at least 179 years and possibly as long as 344 years or more.

Size: The spot is large enough to contain two or three planets the size of Earth.

WTF: Infrared data have long indicated that the Great Red Spot is colder (and thus, higher in altitude) than most of the other clouds on the planet.

WTF: 8 km above the surrounding clouds.

I believe Aliens are living in Jupiter's Red Spot. It is double the size of earth, enough space to live, hidden from outside worlds.

The size of the spot in comparison to earth:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/406caadc23768936.jpg[/atsimg]

"Red Spot Jr." > smaller spaceship:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/91869454be996c25.jpg[/atsimg]

**Click to see the whole image**

In the above picture "Red Spot Jr." enters The Great Red Spot and leaves from the other end. I believe "Red Spot Jr" is gathering resources, or maybe just a smaller spaceship examining Jupiter.

Maybe it is a spaceship which came to Jupiter not so long ago (179 - 344 years ago). Maybe they are taking resources, or maybe looking for a place to live, or just creating a post to conquer the rest of the universe, who knows.

Ponder through that for a while.

Thanks for your time

oozy

[edit on 3-10-2009 by oozyism]

Alas, Oozy your conjectures are quite flawed. Let us introduce some proper facts...

For a start- this is clearly not the same great red spot of 344 years ago. The Great Red Spot is part of the South Tropical Zone (the white region it sits in) and is driven by the winds in the system. The spot fades and vanishes from time to time and re-appears. It is intensley red at the moment due to the SEB fading.
What I am saying is, is that the spot's appearances are directly related to predicatable changes in Jupiter's atmosphere.

Second point, and perhaps the nail in the coffin for your theory. The GRS is not a constant size. I measured it recently, it was around 17 degrees wide. 300 years ago in was over 35 degrees wide. If the shrinking continues, the GRS will become the Great Round Circle by the mid 2030 or so! Clearly spaceships don't slowly shrink do they?

GRS junior or Oval BA is a recent thing. Astronomers have watched it come into existence (like others before it). Due to Jupiter's composition, nothing in the atmosphere is fixed and Oval BA is only now passing the GRS, last year it was nowhere near it and this encounter won't last too long. It will probably fade and a different one will turn up else where.

So, in short, if look into planetary astronomy a bit, you will have found all this out for yourself, and rather than leaping to the fantastical theory that it's a spaceship, you'd have learned some facts about this wonderful giant planet.

Isn't such a human thing to do to disregard the wonders of nature and force on them some cheap faux paranormal meaining!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
If there are other dimensions, then our whole solar system could be teeming with life.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I fail to see the link to Aliens.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join