It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens in Jupiter (The Great Red Spot)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Worst theory ever.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by FAQAmerica]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FAQAmerica

GOT any better ones for us? Boring

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

No, I think it's kinda funny, lol.
Cool idea though of Jupiter being inhabited by alien life. It would be shocking to see alien life near us or even in our own solar system.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Not the best of theories fellow poster;
I have a theory that if we could only work out how to send you there to gather evidence.... you could get a grip on some persuasive material and paste/post it here so that your thread has legs. By the logic presented, there are no end of planetary phenomena that could be the basis of alien bases.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
OK let's ponder.

I think that Jupiter's Red Spot contains intelligent Aliens, let's check it out:

Great Red Spot

Interesting Facts

Age: anticyclonic storm has lasted for at least 179 years and possibly as long as 344 years or more.

Size: The spot is large enough to contain two or three planets the size of Earth.

WTF: Infrared data have long indicated that the Great Red Spot is colder (and thus, higher in altitude) than most of the other clouds on the planet.

WTF: 8 km above the surrounding clouds.

I believe Aliens are living in Jupiter's Red Spot. It is double the size of earth, enough space to live, hidden from outside worlds.

The size of the spot in comparison to earth:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/406caadc23768936.jpg[/atsimg]

"Red Spot Jr." > smaller spaceship:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/91869454be996c25.jpg[/atsimg]

**Click to see the whole image**

In the above picture "Red Spot Jr." enters The Great Red Spot and leaves from the other end. I believe "Red Spot Jr" is gathering resources, or maybe just a smaller spaceship examining Jupiter.

Maybe it is a spaceship which came to Jupiter not so long ago (179 - 344 years ago). Maybe they are taking resources, or maybe looking for a place to live, or just creating a post to conquer the rest of the universe, who knows.

Ponder through that for a while.

Thanks for your time

oozy

[edit on 3-10-2009 by oozyism]

I found some info on beings originating from Jupiter and some of the other planets from Benjamin Creme's website that discusses a little about how the ETs exist in etheric matter (not physical as we are used to) and it seems very plausible that they exist on Jupiter, but not sure about the Red Spot being a city or anything. Here's an extract with link at bottom:

"In my experience, what we call UFOs, the flying saucers, come from the planets of our own system. Not from the Pleiades, or Sirius or somewhere outside our solar system, but from, mainly, Mars and Venus. A few other planets like Jupiter and Mercury are involved, but the vast majority of sightings of the UFOs come from Mars and Venus. Practically all of them are made on Mars, even the Venusian ones. They are Venusian in design, and they are quite distinct, different in design and technology, but they are actually constructed on Mars. And they are all constructed by thought.

The people in physical bodies on Mars and Venus, Mercury, Jupiter and so on are not at the same level or vibration of physicality that we experience. We know only three aspects of the physical: solid physical, liquid physical and gaseous physical. Above gas there are still four further levels of physical matter which so far have not been discovered on this planet. When they are discovered we will understand a great deal more about the nature and origin of disease, the purpose of life on this planet and of the reality of life on other planets.

The beings on Mars and Venus and the other planets are on the four higher levels of the physical. If you went to Mars or Venus you would see no one, but nevertheless they are in physical matter, and have bodies made of that subtle, finer physical matter to which we give the term ‘etheric’. We ourselves have bodies of dense physical, liquid physical, gaseous physical and the four etheric physical planes — but we have not yet discovered the latter."

link: www.share-international.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
hmmm, maybe some of the UFOs are comets like the ones that hit jupiter in 1994 and 2009. or it could be the alien homeworld sending them supplies

1994: www.youtube.com...
2009: www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

OK let's ponder.

Size: The spot is large enough to contain two or three planets the size of Earth.

I believe Aliens are living in Jupiter's Red Spot. It is double the size of earth, enough space to live, hidden from outside worlds.

The size of the spot in comparison to earth:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/406caadc23768936.jpg[/atsimg]

Ok, I'll ponder.

Contradiction here, let alone inaccuracies, more like the same size.

Anyway what are you basing it on? Aliens living in a storm? Why? or should I say WTF!?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Honestly, we all have no idea of the many ways life can live outside of earth. Imagine an living form vastly smarter than us (i mean beyond comparison) and that forms average life is 1,000+ years and that "race" being alive for over 1 billion years.

I would think living things that are that much smarter, average life of over 1,000 and having their race being alive for over 1 billion years. ANYTHING is possible.

Look at what we're finding out and experimenting after only being in our stage of intelligence for what? a few hundred years or less?

ALSO..

We as a thinking capable and living form of this universe should sit back and try to break this down. Not talk trash or make up jokes about how funny it sounds.

How would a life form live there? What would a living life form need to do to make this Red Spot livable? What could possibly be inside this Red Spot?

Use your brain and think of how an alien race COULD live inside of it.
Perhaps we'll stumble onto something.. you never know until you try.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by Jesus tap dancing Christ]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesus tap dancing Christ

I agree you don't know until you try;

Originally posted by ShadowLink
Around the equator Jupiter's winds blow at an estimated 340 MILES per hour!
It's atmosphere is composed mainly of hydrogen and helium, with small amounts of methane. The atmosphere is also very deep, perhaps even comprising the whole planet itself.

I highly doubt there is any thing living on the surface.

Just my opinion though. I am not one to really say it's completely impossible however it is unlikely.

After all who's to say we can't have silica based life forms that breath methane or some other types of toxic gas. Man thinks he knows soo much, but I think in time he will see just how little he thought he understood!

Why Jupiter? Why Jupiter's Red Spot? Jupiter has over 60 moons!

From wiki:

Possibility of life

In 1953, the Miller-Urey experiment demonstrated that a combination of lightning and the chemical compounds that existed in the atmosphere of a primordial Earth could form organic compounds (including amino acids) that could serve as the building blocks of life. The simulated atmosphere included water, methane, ammonia and molecular hydrogen; all molecules still found in the atmosphere of Jupiter. However, the atmosphere of Jupiter has a strong vertical air circulation, which would carry these compounds down into the lower regions. The higher temperatures within the interior of the atmosphere breaks down these chemicals, which would hinder the formation of Earth-like life.[111]
It is considered highly unlikely that there is any Earth-like life on Jupiter, as there is only a small amount of water in the atmosphere and any possible solid surface deep within Jupiter would be under extraordinary pressures. However, in 1976, before the Voyager missions, it was hypothesized that ammonia or water-based life could evolve in Jupiter's upper atmosphere. This hypothesis is based on the ecology of terrestrial seas which have simple photosynthetic plankton at the top level, fish at lower levels feeding on these creatures, and marine predators which hunt the fish.[112][113]

Jupiter - Wikipedia

To the OP or anyone, given what we know about Jupiter's Red Spot, what type of life do you think we may discover? Complex organisms?

I think with Jupiter's intense Gravity and many Moons, the possibility with life is far greater on one of Jupiter's Moons than in the Red Spot.

Here is a Nasa article from 1999:

1999-12-13 | SCIENCE
Antarctic discovery supports possibility of life on Europa

Scientists have found bacteria living in Lake Vostok, three-and-a-half kilometers (two miles) beneath the ice of Antarctica. The discovery may help determine whether life could exist on Jupiter's moon Europa.

Europa's cracked, icy crust resembles icebergs floating over liquid water. Like Lake Vostok, an ocean on Europa would lie deep below the surface.

At such depths, no sunlight can penetrate to provide energy. "How the bacteria get energy (to survive) is an important question," said NASA astrobiologist Chris McKay, one of the researchers. But if life can exist in Lake Vostok, perhaps it can exist on Europa as well.

The bacteria are primitive. "It's what you'd expect, not teeming with rich life," McKay said.

Another team of scientists has also recently predicted that only simple organisms could survive in a dark ocean like Europa's.

McKay points out that Lake Vostok may resemble places on Mars as well.

Understanding the limits to life is a central goal of astrobiology.

astrobiology.arc.nasa.gov...

I know Obama canceled a return mission to the Moon, but I'm not sure if missions to Europa have been canceled too.

NASA and ESA Prioritize Outer Planet Missions

Here is an interesting article from the LA Times:

It's all systems go for Europa
NASA unveils plans for a 20-year project to send a spacecraft to Jupiter's ice-covered moon in a search for life.
February 19, 2009|John Johnson Jr.
NASA announced plans Wednesday to embark on a mammoth 20-year project to send a spacecraft to Jupiter's ice-covered moon Europa as its next flagship mission to search for life elsewhere in the solar system.

The mission, which could cost as much as $3 billion, will be managed by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in La Canada Flintridge. It will focus on the possibility that in the gigantic ocean thought to be hidden under the moon's thick cover of ice is a habitable zone where rudimentary forms of life could exist.

The probe will launch in 2020 in tandem with another orbiter built by the European Space Agency that will focus on Jupiter's largest moon, Ganymede.

The Europa mission's primary scientific goal will be to produce a global map in preparation for a journey many years in the future that would land on the moon.

Using radar and other devices, the probe will try to verify the thickness of the ice sheet and determine the presence of the ocean covering the 2,000-mile diameter moon.

"Europa is tremendously exciting," said Jim Green, director of the Planetary Sciences Division at NASA. "It may have more water underground than the Earth."

It's all systems go for Europa - Los Angeles Times

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
What I disagree with is when people try to claim that odds of life are better to be found here than there. 99% of the time we're thinking of OUR WAY OF LIFE. Why think inside of the box when it comes to this? Think about it.. is every planet the same in our solar system? No. So why would living beings need the same as us humans and animals on Earth?

Perhaps those strong winds mixed with gases are just what fuels UFO's or feed (somehow) an alien race.

We as humans need to stop thinking in a straight line, stop thinking "nothing could survive, because we wouldn't be able to."

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus tap dancing Christ
What I disagree with is when people try to claim that odds of life are better to be found here than there.

Based upon you reaction, I'm assuming that you think based off of what we know about Jupiter's Red Spot that a miracle can happen and the combination of temperature, pressure, and other features of the composition that we cannot think of can create life, maybe the grey aliens? And when we talk about extremophiles we aren't thinking outside of the box?

Telling science to think "outside of the box" is kinda vague, and I would go out on a limb and say that almost every intelligent person has used the saying "think outside of the box" at one point in there life.

1+1=3 Think outside of the Box!!

What outside of the box thoughts do you have? Any? Is the topic of this thread, fiction? Should we be referencing Jupiter in fiction? Because based upon your opinion that would be considered examples in history of humans thinking outside of the box...

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

We are only told the things we know about Jupiter from some questionable sources. What if the red spot is only the top of something, think of how thick Jupiter is, and we have only done a few analysis of it. I've always thought that there might be something under the Jupiter surface we "know".

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesus tap dancing Christ

What I disagree with is when people try to claim that odds of life are better to be found here than there. 99% of the time we're thinking of OUR WAY OF LIFE. Why think inside of the box when it comes to this? Think about it.. is every planet the same in our solar system? No. So why would living beings need the same as us humans and animals on Earth?

They would not need the exact same conditions as we need but they would require a similar set up. "thinking outside the box" is not an excuse to introduce anything you want to make up as a valid theory. There are basic building blocks of life that require some basic criteria, so while life on other planets could have a very different looking structure they would share many similarities as far as function and design.

We as humans need to stop thinking in a straight line, stop thinking "nothing could survive, because we wouldn't be able to."

Nobody interested in the search for ET life thinks like that, that statement only shows your misunderstanding of the subject. Scientists look for life in places where it could be, they do not stop looking in other places because "we could't" they do not look for life in places like jupiter because nothing could survive there.

Perhaps those strong winds mixed with gases are just what fuels UFO's or feed (somehow) an alien race.

They need hydrogen, amonia and helium?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by fanthorpe

OK Ponder..

It is simple, I can't believe people want me to explain in depth, it is all in the OP.. Did you see the little storm which went through the big storm and yet came out the other side? Why do people think I uploaded that image?

People can't think or even read a thread properly these days..

See image again media.abovetopsecret.com...

Watch how the little red eye go through the big red eye and yet come out the other side without it merging.. Do you get it now? It even has a freaking arrow to show you..

How lazy can people get these days?

I’m on call and out tornado spotting. I see not one, but FOUR tornadoes merging to one “Big Momma” tornado so I call in my position and head away from the monster.

team140.com...

Now these tornadoes don't have that much strength compared to the Jupiter storm, how the hell can that little storm survive going through the huge storm which is the same size as earth, and which is so strong that has survived 100's of years..

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I think that Jupiter's Red Spot contains intelligent Aliens

G'day oozyism

I don't.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

More:

It was once believed that the Roman god Jupiter was in charge of cosmic Justice,

In Roman mythology, Jupiter was known as the god of justice. He was named king of the gods in the special meeting that followed his overthrow of the god Saturn (Cronus in Greek mythology) and the Titans. In the council of the gods that followed Saturn's overthrow, Jupiter was crowned Lord of Heaven and Earth and of all the gods.

Jupiter as Zeus or Z, is depicted as throwing zig-zig lightning bolts to remind us that reality is created by electromagetic energy which moves the magic and mystery of our program through grid consciousness, towards Zero Point.

Bṛhaspati (Sanskrit, "lord of prayer or devotion"[1]) also known as Brahmanaspati and Deva-guru (guru of the gods), is the name of a Vedic deity. He is considered the personification of piety and religion, and the chief 'offerer of prayers and sacrifices to the gods' (Sanskrit: Purohita), with whom he intercedes on behalf of humankind.

In later Hindu mythology, he is the guru of the Devas and the arch-nemesis of Shukracharya, the guru of the Danavas. He is also known as Ganapati (leader of the group [of planets]), and Guru (teacher), the god of wisdom and eloquence, to whom various works are ascribed, such as the Barhaspatya sutras.

etc etc

Why do these planets have such importances in past scriptures is yet to be explained..

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

This might already be answered because it is sooo old but still worth the look.

One of the most intriguing of the new sky puzzles, Radio Astronomers Alex Smith and Thomas Carr of the University of Florida told the Physical Society, is posed by a brief question: What's happening on Jupiter? Radio signals that once came from the distant planet in regularly spaced bursts are now being received at 1.3-sec. longer intervals. "This is almost as surprising as if the city of Washington had begun to drift across the earth at the rate of ten degrees of longitude (530 miles) per year," said Dr. Smith.

The visible surface of Jupiter is a thick cloud-deck streaked with east-west bands. Its other conspicuous feature is the Great Red Spot, which has been observed since 1831 and is generally thought to be some kind of cloud floating high in the planet's thick atmosphere. But according to Dr. Smith, the Spot changed its period of rotation at about the same time the sources of radio signals changed. This may mean that the Spot and the signal are connected in some way. Planets cannot slow their rotation without some outside influence, and there is no influence known to be working on Jupiter. But Jupiter's radio waves may be controlled by its magnetic field, which might conceivably change direction because of some influence deep in the planet's unknown interior. How this change could affect the Great Red Spot, Dr. Smith does not know.

Read more: www.time.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
you should have posted this in skunk works.

By its definition Skunk works is the 'speculative theory' forum and this theory sure is speculative.

my opinion? no there are no aliens living in the red spot on Jupiter.

it is a local weather phenomenon. yes its massive but then again so is Jupiter when compared to say a super tornado on earth this is not that much out of perspective.

Aliens .. no

interesting weather conditions due to composition of said planet ... oh yes.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Why do people think I uploaded that image?

You tell me, boredom?

Now these tornadoes don't have that much strength compared to the Jupiter storm, how the hell can that little storm survive going through the huge storm which is the same size as earth, and which is so strong that has survived 100's of years..

How about the fact that because it's an extra terrestrial anti cyclone, it act's in a different way to tornados on Earth due to Jupiter's atmospherics, what the make up of the storm is, gravity, magnetic field, influence of solar winds and probably many other factors, but I can see why you think that could be a "lazy" suggestion.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'm open to the possibility of extra-dimensional life in Jupiter.. Maybe 5th or 6th dimension. In this current dimension, its atmospheric pressure gradient and elemental composition rule it out as a life sustaining planet for physical beings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join