It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forgive Them Father For They Know Not What They Do.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

What it means is this:... FORGIVE THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE IF THEY BELIEVE IN ME OR NOT!

Finally, somebody got it right. Congrats.

It's sad that christians can't even get their own religion right. :shk:

-Dev

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Ok now this thread is officially ignorant

I gather that you guys all think that muslims, jews hindus or anyone that isnt you religion should convert as they do not follow your religion.

If this is the case, id rather burn in hell than be associated with this kind of thinking

[edit on 3/10/2009 by OzWeatherman]

according to my Christian beliefs.... nobody is going to Hell.

You will be given a second chance...

You will be given a third chance....

You will be given multiple chances until you get it right.

Forgive everybody like Jesus did.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

What it means is this:... FORGIVE THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE IF THEY BELIEVE IN ME OR NOT!

Finally, somebody got it right. Congrats.

It's sad that christians can't even get their own religion right. :shk:

-Dev

It took me awhile.... but now I get it.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

According to my beliefs you are ignorant

You will not be given a second chance

You will not be given a third chance

You are promoting ignornace from behind the veil of your own religion. If you guys seriously want to know why so many people are steering clear of organised religion these days, and why there are more atheists than ever, then maybe you should read your own posts

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Whatever dude...

I'm a sinner

I'm defending the principles of Christianity within my soul

Scientology
Freemasonry
Catholisism
Islam
Zionism
Hiduism

look... I'm not trying to preach Christianity... I don't care if you convert to my way of thinking or not... But I will be a witness, I will testify to what I've learned from the power of forgivness.

Jesus or no Jesus...

It comes down to Forgiveness

and that is the bottom Line....

I forgive everyone Because we know not what we do.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
OZ.. what do you believe in?

athiest? christian?
just wondering..

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

athiest? christian?
just wondering..

Well is kind of obvious that Im atheist, but in saying that I also have a high interest in the principles of buddhism

Im going to extend the olive branch here and lets just agree to disagree...I wont name call anymore as thread will end up a slinging match and I dont want it to

Can we agree on this people? Handshake?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
LOL OZ, this whole forum is like internet tuff guy central.

The stuff we say here we would never say in person.

In person i would kiss you on the forhead and cook you dinner and agree to disagree.

finally some peace.

We all need to start loving each other, seriously. I cheer to that post OZ

peace.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

In person i would kiss you on the forhead and cook you dinner and agree to disagree.

LOL

If I ever meet you in person I will take you up on that offer

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

athiest? christian?
just wondering..

Well is kind of obvious that Im atheist,

I only have love for you.

If you were to rob me, rape my wife, kill my children..... I'd search deep within my soul to try to forgive you for your actions.

But my body says I have the right to kill you.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

This is the only way I could possibly be a Christian(though there are several other roadblocks I'd need to get through which are neither here nor there for this thread).

My position towards the Judeo-Christian God is that I have faith that an all-powerful, all-benevolent, and all-knowing deity would not be content to see his creations suffer in eternal Hell(or any eternal punishment) for their transgressions. I put my faith in the goodness and justness of that deity to understand that the path through life is confusing and cloudy and murky, and that many will wander down the wrong roads by accident; and to do what it takes to get us back on the right road whether in life or after it.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Ok now this thread is officially ignorant

I gather that you guys all think that muslims, jews hindus or anyone that isnt you religion should convert as they do not follow your religion.

If this is the case, id rather burn in hell than be associated with this kind of thinking

wow... it seems that you are the only ignorant person in this thread.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

You need to share your "all-knowingness" with him it seems, dooms! Let him ask you some questions that you can ignore. After all, is that not what Jesus would do?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
You must consider the context of the statement, Jesus is talking about the Pagan Romans because they really didn't know they were killing the son of God, they were just following orders. They never claimed to serve the God.

Jesus being the type of person he was, pleaded their case to his father. That's how much love Jesus was willing to show to humanity, those that even murdered him would be forgiven, as they did it in absolute ignorance.

The Jewish clergy of the first century on the other hand who instigated his trial, will not be forgiven as Jesus condemned them, they did not act in ignorance.
Instead they planned it all out.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
You must consider the context of the statement, Jesus is talking about the Pagan Romans because they really didn't know they were killing the son of God, they were just following orders. They never claimed to serve the God.

Jesus being the type of person he was, pleaded their case to his father. That's how much love Jesus was willing to show to humanity, those that even murdered him would be forgiven, as they did it in absolute ignorance.

The Jewish clergy of the first century on the other hand who instigated his trial, will not be forgiven as Jesus condemned them, they did not act in ignorance.
Instead they planned it all out.

I don't know about that... as I said earlier... wasn't it Peter or Paul that denied Christ three times just as Jesus said he would do?

The Jewish Clergy... are acting in ignorance too if you ask me.

I mean... if you take an oath with Lucifer it's one thing, maybe in those terms you are correct, but it upsets me that Lucifer is the king of deception while we are just humans that are easily duped into believing lies.

I can't ignore that you could very be well be correct in the interpretation or context of that statement... However, I think it's unfair that any human burns for eternity... and in my opinion I think one can experience Hell, but ultimately they will see the light.

Hell only seems t be reserved for those that knowingly hate God... but even then, I've gotten mad at God a few times myself.

Bottom Line... I refuse to believe that those who have denied Christ go to Hell.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I don't know about that... as I said earlier... wasn't it Peter or Paul that denied Christ three times just as Jesus said he would do?

The Jewish Clergy... are acting in ignorance too if you ask me.

I mean... if you take an oath with Lucifer it's one thing, maybe in those terms you are correct, but it upsets me that Lucifer is the king of deception while we are just humans that are easily duped into believing lies.

I can't ignore that you could very be well be correct in the interpretation or context of that statement... However, I think it's unfair that any human burns for eternity... and in my opinion I think one can experience Hell, but ultimately they will see the light.

Hell only seems t be reserved for those that knowingly hate God... but even then, I've gotten mad at God a few times myself.

Bottom Line... I refuse to believe that those who have denied Christ go to Hell.

And I agree with you 100% no Hell for them.

Why Hell is misunderstood and doesn't Exist

But who gets a second chance to live again? They are dust, as Genesis says from dust you to dust you return. Most humans like the criminal beside Jesus at his death will be getting a second chance.
Very few will not, for example the Sodomites they were judged by God for all eternity, they aren't alive in any way, and they aren't getting to come back either.

Some of the Scribes, Sadducees and Pharisees believed in Jesus but they had a fear of man to show their support at the critical moment, these ones may have later supported and joined the Christian groups that sprung up after Jesus left the earth. I am sure they are forgiven look at Saul/Paul.

But the Jewish Clergy that didn't repent from sending Jesus to his death at the hands of the Romans, stand condemned by Jesus own mouth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join