It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anyone out there who is crazy enough to go to the graveyard and call on the dead?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Is this just ignorant or asking for trouble.
Last Halloween I walked through one of the oldest graveyards in Ontario. It was in Burlington, on a Ghost Walk.
It was done buy GH/Medium Patrick Cross.
When we walked through the graveyard he said not to step over any graves cause you could bring stuff home with you that you don't want.
We did a tour of 2hrs of old Burlington,On. A lot of history and if your a ghost believer even better. Most people caught some anomalies on camera that couldn't be explained.
Apparently there is a vortex and ley lines in to center or the old town.
I'll see if i can did up a few pics.

www.burlingtonghostwalks.ca

for all interested in the area its a good little tour.

But, seriously, calling on the dead in a graveyard to make noises, does that just cross the line??

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ontariocanada

I've done it.

This past summer I took some friends ghost hunting at a local cemetery, all the gravestones are from the early 1800s. We were there for a few hours and had nothing happen. It was very peaceful there, I got the distinct feeling (I don't go on feelings usually) that there was nothing active there.

So unless you go to some jail graveyard where they bury dangerous convicts I doubt you'll run into anything negative.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

So unless you go to some jail where they bury dangerous convicts I doubt you'll run into anything negative.

I'm quite ccertain there has been plenty of people that have committed crimes as bad or worse without getting caught...

The cemetary doesn't discriminate...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This prejudicial and nonsocial attitude towards the dead is highly discriminatory and just plain wrong.

Should we stop treating people as human beings simply because their human form has withered and died and rotted away? Is that the kind of shallow and superficial people we really have become? What good is all this talk of equality and being against segregation when we have this highly favored and imposed system of segregating the dead from the living, the spirits from the flesh and the super natural with the natural?

How can humankind evolve when we are just so darn insistent one must appear solidly human to do so?

Have you hugged a ghost today? They were once people too you know!

Poor Casper he’s such a friendly old soul too!

I don’t thing we should stand for this kind of discrimination and segregation any longer. If a ghost decides to run for President of the United States he’s got my vote! Well, just as long as he or she can produce a death certificate showing they were a naturalized U.S. Citizen at time of death and have been dead for at least 35 years and have no felony convictions in the spirit world!

[edit on 2/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
if you're into this kind of of stuff i suggest you have a 'conversation' with your own family rather than wander about a burial ground hoping for a random 'spirit' who wants a chat.

surely your blood relatives have a word or few to say to you.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I goto the graveyard where my brother-in-law is burried once a year when the girl guide cookies come out and I leave a few on his grave as he had a thing for the mint ones. I know he has friend who brings beer to his grave on the anniversary of his death and pours it on the grave as a sign of respect.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I walk to the cemetary that's about a kilometer away from my house at times when I feel down, I talk a lot to myself in there wondering if any ghosts are listening.

At work when I was in the Parks department with the city. One of our jobs was to go do some work at the cemetary. Like digging out the graves, making hedgestones, after when the procession was over, we took the bobcat over, pile it with mud and clay pack it then top it off with black dirt then roll it over with the bobcat then trample it again. After all the packing we put grass seed, then wait until the grass grows again. So there is a lot of walking over the graves temporarily.

Another thing is cutting grass in there. Which is a pain because lots of people leave there vases and other things beside their graves, so we move em around, I personally don't like to even touch them but just as long as they are placed where they orginally were.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I've had a fair deal of experience with 'the dead', and I don't need to go to a graveyard to contact them.
Whenever I want them, I just call them and they come.
I don't see them with my eyes, but I know they're here because they would never let me down, and they're pretty much omnipresent anyway so they're always kicking around somewhere.
Some of my best friends are 'dead', so there's nothing to fear from them.
They'd have nothing to gain by hurting me anyway.
I do believe, however, that there are entities who feed on the energies generated by fear, paranoia, hate, ignorance etc, and these entities may have been incarnate at some point, as unpleasant individuals who caused much suffering and pain whilst alive in the physical world.
As I've said in another post, I'm an occultist and as a result have learned a pretty basic banishing ritual which has proved extremely effective on many occasions when undesirables have turned up uninvited.
For those who are interested, it's called 'The lesser banishing ritual of the Pentagram', and an internet search will reveal details for it's use and performance.
It really is superb, and it's use has got rid of some pretty scarey and powerful forces.
It's also good for maintaining a healthy aura, which tends to discourage the nasties from trying it on in the first place.

Hope this is useful.

I.A.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

In the spirit world, felonies will be much more common than here in the material plane.
I feel that you will be hardpressed to find a lingering soul here in this plane that is "felony free"...

But I loved the post.

On the topic, I did this at the age of 8.

I wouldn't dare do it today, but not for fear of being scared by a lingering soul, but because I find it disrespectful.

Whenever I walk into a graveyard these days, I am saying a prayer the entire time.

I take the time to read every headstone and speculate about the person's life. But that is just me.
I try to honor the dead, not provoke them.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Recently on a job (surveying land out in rural Arkansas... way rural) we were looking for a section corner on a very, very, very lonely dirt road on the side of a very steep mountain. (if you call the drainage ditch known as the ozarks mountains)

Anyhow, we stopped at a cemetary to consult our topo map. I took one look at the place and decided that is where I will be buried.
It is a small patch of Earth amidst a vast and amazing forest. Wonderfully green grass adorns the, I'd say, 200X50' patch of ground... During the day, everything around the cemetary is shrouded in shadow except for this one patch of ground.
Chainlink fence, headstones, grass and a single willow tree in the middle of the cemetary.

I'm telling you, this cemetary was magical.

I took the time to read every single headstone in the graveyard and felt 1,000x better after doing so. Not that I was feeling bad beforehand, but I felt WONDERFUL afterwards.

No raising of the dead, just wondering why two twins died within a week of eachother while they were less than one month old back in 1812.
I figure that they didn't have any medical care and were born slightly premature.
So I said a prayer for the hardship that the family faced in dealing with such a tragedy and hoped that the souls of the twins had better luck their next go around.

Jeeze, what a wonderful place to be laid to rest.
I will be buried there.

I love graveyards, but not for the ghosts.

Edit to finish my darned point - I feel that if you would take the time to be respectful in a graveyard, you will feel better than if you actually are able to raise a spirit.
If I could do so tomorrow, I would go back to the cemetary and meditate under the willow all day.
I'm sure that if I were to do that, you guys wouldn't see any out of line posts come from me for awhile.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

That sounds like a nice way to honor the dead Jay.

Most lives are all to brief and far too tragic due to the nature of the world we live in.

Yet good or bad or indifferent everyone stands or stood for something and had a journey they undertook and a cross of their own to bear.

That is after all the very nature of the Cross in that we are all crossing from this world to the next, so it's nice to remember and respect those who have gone before us on that journey.

Where ever they all are, what ever might heve become of them, I have just one thing to say...

SEND MONEY we are broke down here!

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I have chosen what my headstone will say, also...

"For good or bad, I face the beyond unafraid and expecting."

Personally, if I can figure out how to help from beyond, I will do so.
However, I don't think anyone has figured it out yet.
Or maybe they have and have chose not to?!

Surely my grandfather would have dropped me some cash after his passing if he could have, or if he had chosen to.

I'm still broke though. I guess this is a learning experience. And once upon a time about 20 years ago, I learned not to walk into a graveyard summoning the dead.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I've always had a secret desire to give Necromancy a go. I was just afraid of the public outcry if I were caught in the act of trying to raise the dead through rituals and calling for the fallen to rise and serve as my army.

I do not really believe in this stuff, so if I were offered the right amount of money, I would be willing to do it. Maybe my opinion will change when I start noticing scourge appearing in my bed room...but I feel up to the challenge.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Our oldest graveyard here in Victoria BC has many headstones leading back well into the early 1800's. It is quite the hoot to do a walk through after dinner as it is well lit.

In fact, the main reason they build Dallas Road along the waterway in front of the cemetary is every time there was a storm surge the odd Chinese casket would wash out to sea.

Unfortunately, the servants quarters were not that well planned in those days.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by leo123]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I plan on deatomizing when the time comes Jay. I mean worms are ok and all but I don't want to feed them! Burn baby Burn? I hated disco! No cremation for me. Nope I will just vibrate out of this plain of existince and deassemble my atmons in the process. No need for any plaques or tombs or stones here!

Frankly this is one of the great flaws of the human race, we are just tragic and chronic litter bugs! Sure you just go ahead and die and leave your rotting corpse laying about for other people to pick up...how considerate!

Just another typical selfish and lazy human bad habit!

Don't litter, deatomize!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
You got to wonder if you were dead would you want to hang around your grave? I mean I would rather (if dead) be somewhere where I was happy than someplace where my rotting corpse is slowly decaying away.

Now what would be interesting is to go to a mass grave, somewhere where the dead were not honored, and there was no ceremony preformed.

A place of horrors and a place of suffering. Somewhere where the person that died may hang around because of the circumstances of the demise.

In my experiences, the dead don't usually have much to say. Unless of course they want to tell you.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

It is hard for me.
I mean sure, I feel pretty "light" as it is already.
But dude, I cannot describe this cemetary to you.
It is something you would have to see for yourself.

I'm telling you right now, there is nothing like it in Florida.
It is a tough choice.

Speaking of worm food, I wonder how many worms I have threadeed on to a hook in hopes to catch some bass to feed my family...
Deatmozing may help quite a few, but I think that the human puppetmasters....

Dude, I enjoy the converstation, but seriously, I started typing the rest of that in my sleep literally.

I am going to leave the mess up on the screen so I can pick back up tomorrow.
Later dude.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Alright one more post, then off to sleep.
Point me to a mass grave. Please!
I would love nothing more than to pray at such a place.

(and don't use these words against me in another thread christers. when I say "pray" I don't mean christian prayers)
I mean legitimate thoughts.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I would say at the very least, you would be setting yourself up for a deep
psychological scar. Maybe one that starts from your left eye and extends
all the way to the back of your skull, then breaks right thru your scalp.
Is it obvious that I wouldn't be caught dead doing that.
I know, I know, people are just dieing to get in there.

In a Graveyard

[edit on 3-10-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Ask and you shall receive...

www.wral.com...

Four Oaks, N.C. — In March 1865, 80,000 soldiers clashed on a Johnston County battlefield. More than 4,000 were killed, wounded or listed as missing.

But you won't find their graves on the battlefield.

Now, it appears there are soldiers buried on the battlefield, and there is evidence of a mass grave.

The area is the Bentonville Battlefield.

“We think about 360 Confederate soldiers are buried in this area,” said Donny Taylor, Bentonville Battlefield manager.

“Probably it will turn out to be two large mass graves that are basically joined together,” Taylor said.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join