It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anyone out there who is crazy enough to go to the graveyard and call on the dead?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
So when we die and the physical remains of our vessel go to 'A' then 'B' etc finally into the coffin then the ground. .
If ghosts are real and are some manifestation of the spirit then why does it just linger around its old remains ? Is it glued to it some how :S, If anything I would have thought the ghost would remain where it lost its physical self, not where it has been laid to rest. Sorry it just doesn't make sense to me, it seems pointless. Overeactive minds + 'unknown' + ghost hype mindset might have some placebo-ish effect but I don't know (oh and the talk through of Master Medium Ghost Whisperer).

If anything the soul has to be much more complex than to turn from physical self to 'see-through' zombie thing that just floats around its old remains freaking dimbats out. imo :S

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Last time I was in a graveyard at night, a friend and I witnessed six people in dark robes holding some type of ritual. After a bit, they spotted us and gave chase. That was some freaky stuff.

Since we witnessed a dead dog at the scene (I was assuming they made it that way) we ran like hell. I stay out of graveyards now.

Moral of the story is sometimes, the living are scarier than the dead...even in a graveyard.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Graveyards can be wonderful, peaceful places.

The older ones have a huge feeling of history and are useful for research purposes.

But I believe it is how you enter them that matters. I mean your attitude, your intentions and your state of mind.

I would never go to one at night, but that is just me. And I think it is probably ok if you are calling for benevolent ghosts.

But anyone who goes there to make fun of the dead, or to call up evil spirits, will probably call something horrible upon themselves. And why not? If you enter a crowd of living people and start laughing at them or abusing them, you are going to find trouble.

Why should it be any different in a graveyard?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Also as sad as it seems, In my younger immature day, I've got drunk at cemetarys plenty, stumbling everywhere (never breaking anything or disrespecting, just because the type I hung out with thought it would be cool to drink there) anyway those days past me and not once did anything follow me out or any freaky experience happen, graveyards are everywhere I presume alot of souls have died in alot of places before we made citys etc there so I don't see why people that freak out about this stuff aren't in a constant state of 'omgz ghosts coem ta get meh'

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ontariocanada

I go to the graveyard and call on the dead all the time. Not to worry though, they only answer me in my heart. I am talking about visiting my deceased relatives graves. I talk to them, I cry, I ask questions, and with all my sincerity I bring to the cemetary they do not talk back.

I believe that a cemetary is only the placeto find the vessels of the soul put into the ground, if you want to contact the soul of these people you will need to do it possibly where they died, or places they frequented.

edit to elaborate!

[edit on 3-10-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by eathis

LOL! Just read back and found your post to say almost the exact same thing I am trying to say, but yours was much more well said!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I have done this numerous times just to see what will happen. Nothing ever happens. It's just old superstition. I did the whole spell casting, calling fourth the spirits. Stomping on graves. Had cameras and mics setup also. Nothing, ever.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Yeah, back in '94 I and a group of friends tried to have a Ouija board session over a random grave. This took place at night in one of those old backwoods graveyards where the tombstones are all too old to read.

We were all on our knees in a circle around the grave with the Ouija board sitting directly on the grave. About thirty seconds into calling on the dead, I began feeling this very deep seated itching, almost a burning sensation, in my hands and legs. It was too unbearable to ignore and as I began to stand up, I said "I'm itching". At that very moment everyone else jumped back saying, "Yeah, me too! What is that?"

Needless to say, our session ended and we quickly vacated the graveyard.

I'll never forget the sensation. It was like I was being bitten by hundreds of fire ants, but there were no bug bites on any of us. The sensation went away as soon as we stood up.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Wow, weird timing for this thread. I was in a cemetery tonight looking for somebody's missing cat. Had the FLIR thermal imager and night scope with me. There were some deer hanging around but nothing strange to see. I figure if the deer are comfortable in there then it shouldn't be an issue.

Here, you can see for yourselves.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Here is a slow pan so you can check for boojums.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I've done it....

When in high school a bunch of us raided some of our parents liquor cabinets and had a little fun at the local cemetery and we had a grand old time. I called out a few and nothing happened then later when we were ready to leave I turned around and tripped on a headstone smacking my shin pretty darn hard.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I am sorry for the lack of spookyness, but ehm...this is the kind of thing we did as kids. And nothing ever happened.

As for running around a churchyard in robes doing funny stuff...disrespectful idiots. There are lots of other things you can do if you wanna do funny things while wearing robes, it doesnt have to include dead people.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ontariocanada

I have don't it with my brother when were teens. Nothing happens.

I grew up going to elementary and middle school where next door was the town cemetery, as children we do silly things, when on school brakes we used to spend time around the cemetery looking at the oldest tombstones in it, so that takes away from been scare of cemeteries.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Lots of small private cemetaries in my rural area and they are peaceful,lovely,places to walk through.Fascinating and they have an elegant simplicity about them.
I love all cemetaries for the history to be found in them and when I travel,often seek out "tours" so that the high-points can be explained.
You can learn much about a place and it's people through a cemetary.

The only "resting places" that have profoundly affected me were:

Gettsyburg//I became physically ill several times becase of the waves of sadness and devestation here.I literally could only visit the battlefields and memorials in small sprints of time or I would become ill.

A "museum" located in South Africa,I cant remember the town,Tullberg or something like that...it was built on the site of a former cemetary and "progress" had erected it hastily without properly doing what should have been donewith the graves I learned after some conversations with locals...it was the most horrible place I ever walked into because of the negative erengy that surrounded it.
Awful actually.Very,very,"wrong.

I do believe that places and not just cemetaries can absorb the energies of the dead.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
whether you should walk around a graveyard at night messing with tombstones depends on whether you believe that ghosts or spirits exists. For example, a person who is 100% positive that spirits and ghosts are only a human invention will have no trouble walking or sleeping at a graveyard- they will only think that there are dead bodies and that's it. No effect whatsoever.

If you believe in ghosts and spirits, or used to believe in ghosts and spirits and the belief is still in your unconscious mind, then you are asking for trouble. Your mind will make up all kinds of crazy stuff- a simple blowing of the wind will be taken as a spirit trying to hold you, or far away footsteps will be taken as those of a ghost, etc. the worst part is when you mistake shadows for entities, or when your brain starts to hallucinate to the point of actually seeing things that are not there.

Here is a little experiment that should be worth the try. First, take out all the valuables from your home and disorganize it as much as possible, as well as cut all light sources; make it seem abandoned. after a few days of setting this up bring one person and tell him/her to sleep in the "abandoned house". Tell the person the house has recently been abandoned due to foreclosure, etc. the next day, bring a different person and tell him/her to sleep in the house. once the person is inside lock him/her inside the house and tell the person that the house witnessed a major murder scene and that it is said to be hunted.

then witness the results of how both persons reacted. One thinking it was a normal abandoned house, the other thinking it was a haunted house. Make sure they both believe in ghosts so as to have better results.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Magick 101.

1."Don't call up what you cant put down".
2. Just because their "dead" doesn't mean they've changed. If they were an "a-hole" when they were alive, they still are and the reverse. This is all under the supposition that they are firmly earth bound. 99.9% of graveyards are full of empty shells.

Doesnt take a rocket scientist ( unless from JPL :lol
to figure this out.

In a best case scenario, you'll get a lot of giggling friends
("ghosthunters"). In a worst case, well.....you really don't want a worst.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Grüße Fräulein, Sturm-Verbot-Führer, I want to go to the cemetery and the dead is called, appears to be an excellent opportunity for new people, and maybe some other place to respond? I regret that fits my personality, I would say that the dating opportunity

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
why attempt to disturbe those who rest??????

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I've always loved to visit cemetaries and graveyards....not out of a morbid fascination with death (okay, perhaps a little tiny bit of fascination) but because I find them extremely peaceful.

I especially enjoy visiting very old cemetaries and speculating about the people who are buried there. It's so delicious to think that person might have been a contemporary of someone "famous" or witnessed a "historical" event.

I hope that someday someone visits my tombstone and takes a moment to wonder about me.....perhaps that is the true definition of immortality?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I am! I call those dead back to life, cipher their knowledge, and fix the world!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join