It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS producer pleads not guilty to trying to blackmail Letterman

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I hope they throw the book at him, because from where I sit, he is doubly wrong as he, as a news man, carries the responsibility of not doing things to create news.

That's the one thing I find most disturbing about this episode (not that videotaping someone's private sex life isn't disturbing enough). For a "news man" like Halderman, the public expects them to have some integrity to be able to present the news over their networks without having to worry about agendas and bias. This guy was sleazy enough to try committing extortion, what else has he been doing?

If Letterman had been a news persona or public official, his career would be over. But he is just a comedian, and was unmarried at the time of the affairs. I could care less about the guy's private affairs, he wasn't doing anything un-American, like trying to incite violence against other Americans, or lying their *** off to their viewers as they do at most MSM "news" networks. One thing I like about Letterman is he is no corporate shill.

....can't wait to read Palin's tweets on this....but then she'd be contradicting herself about media and private life wouldn't she?
Don't think she'll understand that though

She's in politics, she better grow a thicker skin. Being vindictive is a sign of a serious character flaw.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Halderman was probably just jealous that Letterman was getting all the CBS "tail" while he's stuck at ome with a 400-pound wife with hairs growing from her moles... Or he was/is otherwise just insanely jealous. There could have been a coworker he wanted but couldn't have. I'm not condoning workplace hanky-panky, as it too often leads to various nasty politics or situations. But if it can be done with cool enough heads and no bad vibes or issues, whose place is it to judge? Definitely not we mere unenlightened Earthlings.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dean Goldberry

The thread is only begining its second page.
Could you not read it before commenting?

Dave was screwing this dude's girl.
That is the jist, anyhow.

She isn't a 400 pounder. In fact, I think she is pretty cute.
But jealousy could play a role, and probably does.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Dean Goldberry

The thread is only begining its second page.
Could you not read it before commenting?

Dave was screwing this dude's girl.
That is the jist, anyhow.

She isn't a 400 pounder. In fact, I think she is pretty cute.
But jealousy could play a role, and probably does.

No need to be snarky

Dave HAD screwed this dude girl......past tense(ended 2002) This guy was more recently dating her and found her diary.

He is divorced, paying $6800/month support( guess that's the 400lb'er@home with moles comes in). He is a desperate, slimy man. His defense will of course be, that she was in on it too and maybe she was???? oh my................she worked for the late show, left for 48 Hours, met Halderon and then went back to the late show....strange.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

she worked for the late show, left for 48 Hours, met Halderon and then went back to the late show....strange.

That is indeed suspect. I smell a conspiracy, LOL. You gotta figure someone knew when and where to put the camera, and I don't think Dave was setting himself up...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I like david letterman
i used to watch him when he wa with NBC late 80's early 90's he always had some crazy sketch to do, and his tongue and sick eye movements...lol I remember and episode, dangerous toys for xmas... some guy made a wheelchair that had someting claled a pencil lodgger. It would shoot sharpened pencils like 20 feet lol. Balloon wars! 2 big ballons with candlees on the end...but their filled with hydrogen, the idea, was to burn your opponets ballon first. My first chainsaw thrower..it was a big crossbow looknig thinkg, with a name like Kaliko or something, and would shoot circular saw blades....that epsisode had my eyes GLUED to the screen!!!! and their wa his famouos prank calls he did form the stuido

im having a littel trouble understanding this exptortion thing though...he had sex with the prodcuers g/f? How does this work..i mean, the prodcuser told dave, you sleep with her, or i will cut your show?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I was really sadened when dave went ot abc..it wasnt the same anymore. pretty much why over the past years, i stopped watching him. he got too professional and straight forward..i miss the old dave, when anyting goes!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

NEW YORK (AP) -- A CBS newsman who prosecutors said was desperate and deep in debt was charged Friday with trying to blackmail David Letterman for $2 million in a plot that forced the late comic to acknowledge having sex with some of the women who work for him.

I didn't know that David Letterman passed away; I thought that the emergency heart operation he underwent some time ago was successful.
So is it his ghost that took over the show?
That's a juicy case of necrophilia unwinding. Oh, boy! Some of the CBS female employees . . .

tv.msn.com...>1=28103

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Who really cares?

Is this what's supposed to substitute for real news?

Letterman makes my skin crawl. He's an unfunny, scripted goon with an audience that clap and cheer on cue.

Boring...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I guess you could say Dave got caught with his pants down. I feel sorry for the lady that had that awful experience with Dave knowing about his family and so forth and then having sex with old wrinkled raisins.Lose lose situation for all the clowns in the circus. I don't feel sorry for any of them. Se La Vi.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Letterman makes my skin crawl. He's an unfunny, scripted goon with an audience that clap and cheer on cue.

How would you know he is an unfunny, scripted goon with an audience that clap and cheer on cue unless you're watching the show? And if you don't like the show why are you watching it?

Se La Vi.

Not even close, it's c'est la vie.

Letterman's assistant Stephanie Birkitt, 34, once lived with Halderman, public records show. Birkitt, who couldn't be reached Friday, is a Plymouth, N.H., native who once worked for CBS News as a producer before eventually moving on to Letterman's show.

"There is another side of this story," said Halderman's attorney, Gerald Shargel of Manhattan. "This story is far more complicated."

(source) You can bet Birkitt is involved, my guess is planting the camera's that recorded the trysts.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Longtimegone
I don't like this whole situation. Letterman should not get off so easy. His past actions should be put under a microscope. He most likely took advantage of these women even though it was probably also consensual. He is a man of poor character. Not even close to funny.

Exactly.

It wasn't long ago that Letterman was blasting Palin and her family, now was it?

Now, it turns out Letterman was way more of a sleaze himself.

WHAT A HYPOCRITE. :shk::shk::shk:

And he acts like he expects our sympathy.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Letterman was just honest. Someone was trying to set him up and he didn't fall for it.

Instead of hiding what he did, he came right out and told everyone. Isn't honesty the best policy?

Last time I checked consensual sex is not a crime.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join