It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is R.A.T.S Safe From CIA or FBI??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
haha even if the governent controls the site,they cant stop people from talking and discussing,if they do,well we can just use messener

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
haha even if the governent controls the site,they cant stop people from talking and discussing,if they do,well we can just use messener

Hate to break it to you but any IM applications chat logs can be read by the government and if they wanted to they could easily crush the site using DoS techniques.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
well yea,i forgot about that, the messengers use as easy ecnryption as md5 or cr4 or something,they probably spy on all of our conversations,even i can probably sniff and decypher conversations. so yea,if they block telephones and net and tv it leaves only mouth to mouth. but that means civil world war lol

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
well yea,i forgot about that, the messengers use as easy ecnryption as md5 or cr4 or something,they probably spy on all of our conversations,even i can probably sniff and decypher conversations. so yea,if they block telephones and net and tv it leaves only mouth to mouth. but that means civil world war lol

MSN Messenger communications are actually sent in plain text, I'm not sure about the other IM apps. It pretty simple to sniff network traffic, get a sniffer placed between the end node and server then voila!

This can already be achieved by Echelon I'm sure.

Even if the chats were encrypted the government who have them cracked in 2 seconds flat.

But I would have to agree with you, the safest way to communicate is person to person, and even that has its dangers...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Echelon was primarily the realm of the CIA, and they would only be interested in threats against the USA. I just can't see anybody learning much from a R.A.T.S. thread. Perhaps the CIA could get a definitive answer as to whether Bacon wrote Shakespeare or why Bill Gates likes Da Vinci better than Michelangelo? Speaking of paint and Tesla...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by fromunclexcommunicate

Echelon was primarily the realm of the CIA, and they would only be interested in threats against the USA. I just can't see anybody learning much from a R.A.T.S. thread. Perhaps the CIA could get a definitive answer as to whether Bacon wrote Shakespeare or why Bill Gates likes Da Vinci better than Michelangelo? Speaking of paint and Tesla...

Actually Echelon is joint run by the NSA and the UK's GCHQ.

I don't think for one minute any agency would learn anything from a thread in RATS.

The point I was trying to make is that if did want to want to access any information on this site then they could easily do so.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There are fairly secure forms of communication, if you were inclined to use them. There's really no way to tell who is who, here. IF the site is run by the Gov(and I'm seriously doubtful), the wouldn't censor anything here, because the varying opinions and amount of conjecture works to the advantage of disinfo. We, on ATS, usually police ourselves on the topics. If anyone gets close to something that might be a covered truth, ten other people hammer that person down and fifty people will say 'Oh... never thought of that.' and nothing gets accomplished. There's no need to censor. ATS is basically a bouncing board for ideas. RATS is just the Big Boys Social Club.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

The fact that the UK is part of Echelon is an important discrimination. In the UK they have the RIP key disclosure which basically states that master keys must be divulged to law enforcement on demand.

In other parts of Europe encryption standards are such that automatic session key cycling might prevent a criminal from knowing what key was used to encrypt incriminating evidence.

In Germany they consider disclosure of IP address ownership to be legal without needing a court order so apparently the server location of any forum could dictate your degree of privacy/security.

news.cnet.com...

[edit on 3-10-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
no not at all, in fact if there is something that should not be posted, the owner would basicly hand over control to get rid of everything related to it. ./ allow the monitering of ips.

it you want to be secure 100 percent untracable, use onion routing.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by fromunclexcommunicate

The fact that the UK is part of Echelon is an important discrimination. In the UK they have the RIP key disclosure which basically states that master keys must be divulged to law enforcement on demand.

In other parts of Europe encryption standards are such that automatic session key cycling might prevent a criminal from knowing what key was used to encrypt incriminating evidence.

In Germany they consider disclosure of IP address ownership to be legal without needing a court order so apparently the server location of any forum could dictate your degree of privacy/security.

news.cnet.com...

[edit on 3-10-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

I'm pretty sure agencies such as MI5, CIA, NSA, GCHQ etc are all more than capable of cracking such encryption with the keys being handed over.

With regards to IP address ownership anyone can find that out via WHOIS.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
no not at all, in fact if there is something that should not be posted, the owner would basicly hand over control to get rid of everything related to it. ./ allow the monitering of ips.

it you want to be secure 100 percent untracable, use onion routing.

Onion routing is not 100% untraceable. It's possible to trace, something to do with monitoring the exit nodes.

Nothing is 100% untraceable.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

i though it was impossible to trace,

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB

i though it was impossible to trace,

Onion routing has several weaknesses. For one, it does not provide much defense against timing analysis. If an attacker observes a relatively under-loaded onion router, he can link incoming/outgoing messages by observing how close together in time they are received and re-sent.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 4/10/09 by Death_Kron]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join