It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chandrayaan-1 Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Just found this its got some video's of the Lunar Flyby of Chandrayaan-1
www.chandrayaan-i.com...
I do not know if it's me but to me ti just dose not look right.
have a look see what you think.

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
It's nice to see they have planed another mission for 2013 with Russia a long wait though.

The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is planning 2nd moon mission Chandrayaan-2 in 2013. Russia's Federal Space Agency (Roskosmos) is joining with ISRO for development of Chandrayaan-2 Lander/Rover.

From www.chandrayaan-i.com...

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
It never ceases to amze me we can send a man to the moon (maybe lol), we can read the newsprint on an article from space but we can't take proper pictures of the moon I wonder why?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

That's true but this video just look wrong to me it dose not look real.
Is it just me or can anybody else see this?

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Thats computer generated isnt it.

The flight path is dead straight, no movement in the horizontal at all, and the moon itself, seems very plastic.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by multichild

Well i'm no expert on this sort of thing but i do agree it dose not look real it looks like they filmed a model.

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I found the same video on youtube

www.youtube.com...

Here the info states that it is

A movie generated using multiple view images taken by Terrain Mapping Camera (TMC) of Chandrayaan-1. The Terrain Mapping Camera,built by ISRO's Space Applications Centre(SAC) of Ahmedabad, is taking excellent pictures of Moon's surface from Chandrayaan-1's 100 km high orbit from the Lunar surface.

So basically it is a series of photos taken from the probe that have been stitched together to form a moving image, hence the 'unreal' look of the video and the flatness of the moon surface.

Why this isn't made explicit on the Chandrayaan website, I don't know. Ideally it would be labelled as an animation derived from the probe's data and make it clear that it is not actual real-time video.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

This is the same as what the Japanese did but it dose not state that on the Indian site that is misleading.
Thank you for your input.

THANKYOU

top topics

join