It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaur eggs are found in India

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Geologists in southern India say they have found hundreds of dinosaur egg clusters which could be about 65 million years old.

It was a chance find discovered when a team of scientists were locating a place to excavate an ancient riverbed in the state of Tamil Nadu.

As they dug deeper they saw layers of what looked like fossilised eggs.

The photos and samples were then sent to various universities who confirmed that they were dinosaur eggs.

Each egg is the size of a football - about

news.bbc.co.uk...

Now I suppose that will try to extract DNA to create a modern day dinosaur.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
So I can FINALLY go to Jurassic Park in a few years??? AWESOME!

Seriously though, this is very cool to hear about. If they can extract DNA than I am almost certain that we would eventually end up with a Jurassic zoo of some sort. Wonder what kind of dinosaur eggs they are? Something pretty large for football sized eggs no doubt! S&F OP!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Reply to post by Aquarius1

Jurassic Park here we come! Lol I broke a rotten duck egg when I was a kid. Not a very good clean smell. Hope they are careful moving them. Thanks for the news

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Reply to post by mpriebe81

I see the force is strong in you my young padawan.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

Now I suppose that will try to extract DNA to create a modern day dinosaur.

Unless they decide to make an omelette and feed an entire village instead.

I hope they are able to take xrays of those eggs. Interesting to know what type of dinos lived in that area.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I doubt Jurassic Park is on the way, this is not the first time Dinosaur eggs have been found. Good find though!

Mikey

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Extracting DNA would be cool, however, arent they really just rocks in the shape of egg's at this point.

That reminds me though, what happen with the frozen Mammoth? Wasnt they supposed to be cloning that or something/

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2

That reminds me though, what happen with the frozen Mammoth? Wasnt they supposed to be cloning that or something/

I remember that, and they were supposed to bring it back, it was all over the TV everything building up to it... and then it disappeared. What happened? Lol

Mikey

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Reply to post by Mikey84

Talking about cloning on the disinformation documentary think 2000 or 2001 they talk about a man that has a piece of jesus foreskin. He is in talks with the people that cloned the sheep. Did the sheep actually live for long?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
for those of you curious about the mammoth, heres information about mapping the genome.

live.psu.edu...

robby.nstemp.com...

i guess they need to map the whole genome before they can clone it or something
either that or the ethic/financial difficulties are holding it back. (the cloning was estimated at costing about $10 million)

dinosaur eggs are awesome. i wish i could find some

and to the poster above me: no, to the sheep did not last long. there hasnt been a successful clone of a large animal that im aware of. lots of mice have been cloned though.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Keyword here guys is fossilized eggs. Not preserved eggs.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'll skip the logistics of this slippery slope and just give you the final outcome:

Factory Farmed Sauropods.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

and to the poster above me: no, to the sheep did not last long. there hasnt been a successful clone of a large animal that im aware of. lots of mice have been cloned though.

Define 'long'. Define 'large'.

Dolly lasted 6 years or so, that was certainly successful to me.

I recall reading about some bulls that were cloned a while back.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by silver tongue devil

Dolly lasted 6 years or so, that was certainly successful to me.

But the life expectancy of that type of sheep was 11-12 years, so only living to half that... not so successful to me.

Some also suggested that it only lived 6 years because it was cloned from a 6 year old sheep, so when it already had a biological age of 6. Other suggests that the disease it died from had nothing to do with the cloning at all.

Mikey

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i still dont think you can get dna from stone can you? i mean arnt they fossilized? doesnt that mean there is no more biological material? someone care to clarify on this?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

In fossilization all the organic structures are replaced by stone. Sure there is remnants but nothing really you can use to extract genes from. But there are rare cases like with that T-Rex bone and a couple hadrosaur bones where organic material is locked in and preserved.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Reply to post by Mikey84

Wow 6 years is long. I like that watcher says they might have some t-rex dna. Has anyone heard of the racing horse that was cloned. Saw it on a documentary called animal farm. Would love to know if it's still alive and kicking. Will try and get name tomorrow. Need to go through some media.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

In fossilization all the organic structures are replaced by stone. Sure there is remnants but nothing really you can use to extract genes from. But there are rare cases like with that T-Rex bone and a couple hadrosaur bones where organic material is locked in and preserved.

Organic mat. locked in and preserved...T-rex...sorry, but I find that hard to beleive...millions of years old

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
wow .. what type of alien-queen type dino momma layed so many hundreds of eggs in one sitting?

maybe a nesting hen-house type area that many mommas used at once?

-

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

It's not impossible. Locked away from air, light and microrganisms it's not too far a reach. Think of it in the capacity of being like a time capsle.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join