It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaur eggs are found in India

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I tried to imagine that, I did, but seriously we are talking millions of years. Its hard for me to imagine that.

Is this true? Maybe a link to some info would help.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
yea i doubt Jurassic park is on the way too

i actually believe we already have it

i mean seriously with our genetic technology and advancements with cloning and dna and everything im pretty sure somewhere some scientist has figured it out and done it

somewhere theres a t rex eating something

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I thought dinosaurs were only as big as they were due to our dense atmosphere we used to have.

Now that the atmosphere is thinner and if we managed to extract the dna and replicate it........... would that mean we'd have mini dinosaurs?

I have a feeling I know what the next pet craze is gonna be

[edit on 2-10-2009 by farther84]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Here. They are kinda puzzled about it but like I said. I liken it to something like a time capsule.
psychcentral.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Organic mat. locked in and preserved...T-rex...sorry, but I find that hard to beleive...millions of years old

You should probably like... read a book or something. That's true. It happened. Stop being a pessimist.

Originally posted by Alxandro
Unless they decide to make an omelette and feed an entire village instead.

I hope they are able to take xrays of those eggs. Interesting to know what type of dinos lived in that area.

You should've read the article.

Originally posted by RankRancid
Jurassic Park here we come! Lol I broke a rotten duck egg when I was a kid. Not a very good clean smell. Hope they are careful moving them. Thanks for the news.

They're rocks... You don't have to be that careful.

Originally posted by Dramey
yea i doubt Jurassic park is on the way too

i actually believe we already have it

i mean seriously with our genetic technology and advancements with cloning and dna and everything im pretty sure somewhere some scientist has figured it out and done it

somewhere theres a t rex eating something

Thats an ignorant assumption to make. Our genetic technology isn't very good yet... neither is our cloning technology. Give us about another 20 or 30 years and we'll be doing great.

Originally posted by farther84
I thought dinosaurs were only as big as they were due to our dense atmosphere we used to have.

Now that the atmosphere is thinner and if we managed to extract the dna and replicate it........... would that mean we'd have mini dinosaurs?

That's false information. It's proven fact that the atmosphere has been relatively the same for the past billion years or so. Obviously not in Earth's birth, but Cambrian-aged life was looking at the same atmosphere we are. I'm not sure how this ever even became a popular belief, as we still have the blue whale, which is one of the largest animals that ever lived. If that can get huge, so could a dinosaur.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

Maybe you should re-read your book's because as far as I see it hasnt been proven yet.

Current theories about fossil preservation hold that organic molecules should not preserve beyond 100,000 years. Schweitzer hopes that further research will reveal exactly what the soft structures isolated from these bones are made of. Do they consist of the original cells, and if so, do the cells still contain genetic information? Her early studies of the material suggest that at least some fragments of the dinosaurs' original molecular material may still be present.

Key words-may still be present

Not trying to be a pessimist, just trying to keep it real.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989

Thats an ignorant assumption to make. Our genetic technology isn't very good yet... neither is our cloning technology. Give us about another 20 or 30 years and we'll be doing great.

So you have personally spoke with all genetic scientist around the world to see how far their cloning technology stands to date? IMO, that is an ignorant assumption to assume you know everything about cloning.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2

Originally posted by Schmidt1989

So you have personally spoke with all genetic scientist around the world to see how far their cloning technology stands to date? IMO, that is an ignorant assumption to assume you know everything about cloning.

Oh I never claimed to be a genetics expert. That's not even my field. I'm just friends with 2 people who are interning at a genetics lab in Cleveland, Ohio. A personal conversation with them and their bosses gives me the certainty that we're not really that far.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
i still dont think you can get dna from stone can you?

Only if it's Sly and the Family Stone.

Harte

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

it was defrosted, salted, slightly cooked. sliced wafer thin.,

and then sold as the worlds most expensive sandwich ham.

also on the dinosaur eggs. imagine leaving a few in a feild for a hundred or so years, and trying to extract dna from the black goop inside.

now imaginge getting it from this.

im very suprised that the eggshells havnt decomposed before they were fossilised.

i think that there is something very odd that happend for so manythings to be preserved so well. (in rock)

how can an egg be left undisturbed like that for so long, without breaking down?

[edit on 3-10-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
wow .. what type of alien-queen type dino momma layed so many hundreds of eggs in one sitting?

maybe a nesting hen-house type area that many mommas used at once?

-

Noticed your Sig line and I have a passion for the Gnostic teachings, sure you are familiar with www.gnosticmedia.com, there are a number of interviews up by John Lash.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join