It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today in Washington DC ... [updated]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
No respect, no honor, no decency.

What a bunch of cowards

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Is this surprising? Not really. The satanic grip over Washington DC is strong. Very strong.

Folks, this is no longer about Americans, about other countries, about religions. It has come down to Good vs. Evil. You are either good, or you are evil. There is no in between. It is that simple. It is the ultimate truth.

What you saw there were not vultures. That term is too good for them. What you saw were evil, satanically possessed creatures. The OP and his cop friend were the only good ones....badly outnumbered it seems too. But then again it is Washington DC. Look at the politicians. They steal in a grander way then you can possibly imagine.

I've been doing a lot of soul searching lately. Been reading and watching a lot things. I have come very close to a conclusion I thought I might never make in my life.....America is an evil nation. Maybe not you, and certainly not me, but you see it in government, corporations, media, and a majority of people....pure evil intent. No morals, no honor, no kindness, and no soul that prays to God, hence the complete lacking of the aforementioned.

Iran may be correct. Islam may be correct. I am going to pick up the Quran this weekend to read it. I will not let others dictate what the meaning of that book is. America may be exactly what the Ayatollah said we are....The Great Satan.....thanks to the illuminazi demonsouls and their freemason imps. It's tragic. Look at the layout of Washington DC people....it's pure satanism.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by PenandSword]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
You are the real deal.

The planet could do with a few more like you.

The ugly reality of this situation hits me right in the chest.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well Done Schrodingers Dog,

Yeah stuff like this make me ill too. If anyone feels overwhelmed by these sorts of things remember it only takes a critical mas of about 3-5 per cent of people to turn any situation/area around.

Talked to a homeless guy in HK yesterday....I don't know what to say about a culture that lets people sleep on the street...

All our technology is BS if we don't look after the weak/old/sick.

I haven't read the whole of the thread but I wonder how those people reacted...? Ashamed/violent? I'll go and read the rest now.

[edit on 110f20095amFri, 02 Oct 2009 09:07:49 -050049 by HiAliens]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
OK Im gonna play devils advocate here. Ill actually be doing you a favor because it will keep this pointless thread alive.

Are you a child? Do you really live in this world and still not understand what kind of animal you, I, and everybody else is? You cant tell me that all you guys are this shocked right now. With every moment that passes somebody is being MURDERED somewhere.

So the woman gets evicted. By law she was given at least 30 days notice. Thats after her landlord let her slide for god knows how many months without paying. Shes elderly, but thats life. She KNEW what was going to happen yet made the decision to do nothing. I dont buy her not having money either. Obviously if shes living in NW she has something. She needs to conform to the world shes been living in for 80 years or swallow her pride and call family or friends when she needs assistance.

As far as people taking her stuff goes, I dont know what you guys would rather see happen. I even saw a post where some guy suggested her having a gun as a solution! I mean gimme a break. So you would rather have a murder scene than an eviction!? Would you rather the stuff just rot on the sidewalk!? You cant make me believe that those successful men and women were taking that junk without permission.

And then another member proceeds to ramble on about this entire city being possessed by satan! Ive lived here my entire life and will try everything in my power to stay, because I love this city. Going somewhere else is like going back in time 10 years. This thread is nothing but a group of sheep following each other single file. Your next thread should be titled: "OMG gas prices suck!"

link   
I saw those pictures and I am as disgusted as all of you. What dastardly human beings those were, imagine if all them put their pea-brains together, the comfort they could of attained for that defenseless woman?

We are seeing what the country, your city/town, or neighborhoods can become when the future civil emergency reaches fruition. I have dealt with people like that before and they are definitely from the bottom of the barrel in terms of humanity and compassion. They are your friends and very thoughtful when times are good and fortune is pouring in, but the minute you fall off the wagon, they are there to pick the meat off your bones. It is very sad but reality.

I hope karma is a mother and whomever was involved in that cowardly act get their's and then some. Good work SD and I hope your selfless acts of kindness come back to 10-fold. As Edmund Burke once said, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Star and flag!

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Jakes51]

link   
I don't know what to say either. Just keep being you. It will all come back to you eventually.

You might find out what law enforcement authority was involved with the removal of her property. I know from seeing this before a law enforcement representative stood there while the property was removed. Perhaps find out who and why they did not help her?

If you find out write a letter to the editor with details and name names and what department they were from, or at least tell the story. The paper will publish that for sure. Sometimes the way to make change is as easy as putting it in the spotlight and shaming those involved publicly. They might even print your pictures. Its a shame you did not have the camera when you first arrived. Imagine what a lesson it would have been had their faces been in the paper.

If a way presents itself that a person can help her in a financial way, U2U with the info. I'd hope somebody would do the same for me.

I've never liked large cities being a farm raised boy, but I've had to live in many of them because of my work. They each have a unique personality and you can take some comfort that in many cites in the farm belt or the real west, those people would have been helping her. From DC east however I am not surprised at all unfortunately.

Keep being you. You are a good person.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Just so you know, I've witnessed similar events in the deep south.

I'm not sure region has much to do with it, imo.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Guys, I really appreciate your words but I really didn't do anything ... for god's sakes I gave away some pieces of paper, called a friend, and yelled at some people. Honestly, from all the responses on this thread 99/% of everyone here would have done the same thing.

Bull! You took the initiative instead of driving by. The membership of this board is huge. Its easier to say you would do a thing than to actually do it. Some people when they see somebody on the road having problems stop and help, most drive by and say I should have stopped and helped, oh well, to late now I'm a block past them.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Beyond words. I always so want to believe that people would help out in a situation like this. I swear the only way you can not be depressed living in this world is if you just turn yourself off to everything. Everywhere you look the scum has taken over, the good folks are few and far between. Instead of the good being rewarded it is usually the other way around. Those who are wiling to exploit take home the riches.

I hope you get this to the media. I also hope you got the license plates on film, of the people that were stealing. They need to be publicly embarassed and they should be prosecuted. Your buddy the cop should help you with this. We can only fix this world by doing something with folks like these.

Makes me happy that you were in the neighborhood.

Edit to add: Someone reading this board must be involved iin the NY media. Take the ball and run with it.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by sligtlyskeptical]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

That is the only part of the country I've not lived in or visited other than vacations in Florida.

I'm not wrong though. There are still conservative parts of the country where neighbors help neighbors and it is too bad you don't know that. The larger the city the more cold and heartless it is.

It is even that way up here in Alaska where I live now. In Anchorage I've been in a house in a nice neighborhood for five years and don't know a single person. At first I would smile and wave but all I got was glares.

Before that I lived in Palmer a small farm spawned town. In one week I knew half the merchants and all of my neighbors and they all had a smile and welcome to Palmer for me. It is like night and day.

What I find most odd is that the officer called did not immediately go after the looters because that is what they were doing? Path of least resistance I guess. Pretend you don't see it and you don't have to write a report?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctorvannostren
OK Im gonna play devils advocate here. Ill actually be doing you a favor because it will keep this pointless thread alive.

Are you a child? Do you really live in this world and still not understand what kind of animal you, I, and everybody else is? You cant tell me that all you guys are this shocked right now. With every moment that passes somebody is being MURDERED somewhere.

So the woman gets evicted. By law she was given at least 30 days notice. Thats after her landlord let her slide for god knows how many months without paying. Shes elderly, but thats life. She KNEW what was going to happen yet made the decision to do nothing. I dont buy her not having money either. Obviously if shes living in NW she has something. She needs to conform to the world shes been living in for 80 years or swallow her pride and call family or friends when she needs assistance.

As far as people taking her stuff goes, I dont know what you guys would rather see happen. I even saw a post where some guy suggested her having a gun as a solution! I mean gimme a break. So you would rather have a murder scene than an eviction!? Would you rather the stuff just rot on the sidewalk!? You cant make me believe that those successful men and women were taking that junk without permission.

And then another member proceeds to ramble on about this entire city being possessed by satan! Ive lived here my entire life and will try everything in my power to stay, because I love this city. Going somewhere else is like going back in time 10 years. This thread is nothing but a group of sheep following each other single file. Your next thread should be titled: "OMG gas prices suck!"

Sounds like if you would have been there you would have taken something as well. Obviously the people there understood the situation. They stole because they knew that no one would stop them or do anything about it. It was stealing! What if instead each of them would have offered to help? With very little effort from each, she could have gotten her stuff stored and gotten help to a shelter. Even if they just put the boxes in their cars and exhanged information. If the lady had really understood the consequences it wouldn't have ended this way.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Your actions are beyond words.

What happened to all this govt. money to help our economy? To allow this to happen is criminal in our society.

If we cannot come up with a way to help our fellow citizens out when they are down and out, then we are not much of a society.

Maybe instead of helping the world, we help our own. This includes our elderly and children that are in lousy situations.

Good, honest, hard working people are in trouble all over our country, and yet we let them fall to the side of streets like you have shown.

Thank you for you post and your pictures, and I respect you say it is not about you, a true sign of a hero.

Your small contribution to this lady is probably worth more than all the money in the world. She had no one, and you, a complete stranger took your time to intervene to assist her. You had nothing to gain personally, yet your compassion for another human being drove you to help. I think this level of compassion rests in all of us, but so many choose to follow instead of lead.

This was a sad story, yet inspiring

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Alright, first off, I'd like to say I feel sorry that the old lady had to see people rummaging through her belongings and taking them at will.

Secondly, I'd like to say that I'm in a family that owns rental property, so I've seen evictions happen in the past. When you file an eviction notice, the individual has approximately 30 days to appear in court (here in Illinois) so their case can be heard in front of a judge. Before the eviction can actually take place, the eviction papers are filed and approved by the judicial system and the tenant is then sent a 5 day notice of eviction. If the person does not vacate the unit within those 5 days, the property owner then needs to file additional paperwork and wait another 1-3 weeks until a County Sheriff is available to supervise the landlord removing their property so the landlord doesn't intentionally destroy property to be vengeful on their ex-tenant. During this time, the landlord is losing money and there is no recourse to secure it (thank god for security deposits... part of the reason landlords ask for "first and last months rent")

For those of you who are intelligent enough (which I'm sure the vast majority of you are) to perform basic math, she had approximately 45 days notice prior to her actual eviction (if not more), to drop about 20 bucks on a U-Haul and have her "friends" who were "worried sick about her" move the items to a safe location.

It's not exactly like this lady was just tossed out on her butt one day, and if anything, I would fault the police for not doing their job of protecting her belongings during the eviction process.

I wouldn't even necessarily fault the people here because how were they to know what was actually going on? I've picked up furniture from the side of the road on garbage day when I was in college and even after (actually kind surprising what people will throw out... I've still been known to grab nice lamps or picture frames
). Some of them may be just as needy (I know that the early 90's BMW 7-series was sited, but you can buy them for under $8K easily now...), or be struggling as much as she is and they saw an opportunity.

Honestly, the only person I REALLY feel bad for here is the landlord... It looks like a nice area. Here in IL, rent would be about 1000-1400 a month for a 1BR with den apartment in that type of area... the landlord is probably out about $5000 total after the court proceedings, rent that needs to be missed in order to file papers, paperwork and legal fees, and he still has to fix up the place and try to rent it in a market that favors home owners...

This lady had tons of friends to help her and could have easily protected her belongings by... I don't know... moving them out when the courts ordered her to about a month ago?

Sorry if I sound like a jerk here, but honestly, she broke a lease agreement and probably had ample time to prepare for this... It's kinda like asking me to feel bad for people who went bankrupt in the AR mortgage crisis because they were dumb enough to buy a 700,000 house on a 45,000 salary (actually happened with a bus driver in NV)...

Anyway, I've dropped my 2 cents so I hope you don't flame me here. Just pointing out that she's not the only person suffering and could have easily done things to protect her belongings.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by doctorvannostren

You cant make me believe that those successful men and women were taking that junk without permission.

Oh, you think? When my hometown suffered monsterous flooding in 2002 in certain parts of town - the lower middle income and poor sections - many homes were destroyed, including mine. People from the wealthy side of town that didn't get any flooding swarmed the flooded neighborhoods, jumped out of their fancy cars and started picking up anything and everything they could steal. The sure didn't have permission to steal my stuff, but they did until my neighbors put a stop to it. I had barely gotten out of the house in time and was staying with a friend across town until the water went down and I could get back home. Never imagined my house would be completely washed away. Unfortunately, the vultures found out the water had gone down enough before I did. My neighbors were on higher ground and didn't have to leave, so they were there to stop the thieving. Even when they tried to stop it, some folks just kept picking up stuff, throwing it in the cars and moving on to the next unfortunate person that got flooded out.

So, yes, people do steal stuff from those who have suffered a serious set back. I know. Been there, seen it with my own eyes!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IHIPrelude94

I know this is a long and rather depressing thread to read through.

I just want to repeat for what it is worth ... it is my understanding that this was a bank (foreclosure) eviction and not a rental situation. At least that's what I was told.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster
this is why we need to arm our citizens, any real man with any kind of morals (liek yourself) with a gun could have stood them down.

this makes me sick.

perhaps you could get some info for us to help her?

and all it takes is one mad man to start firing and we could have an ugly scene.

maybe we think differet here in australia.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm kinda going back and reading it now.

Still, the fact remains that you need at least 30 days prior to stopped payment (even as a mortgage company) to file paperwork (more often 60-90 days), then you're looking at at least another 30 days after it's filed before the eviction takes place. This wasn't something that she was blindsided by, like other previous posters being victims of flooding and having people steal their belongings.

Couldn't she have been more responsible and maybe... sold the house? Maybe taken what was left (she's an old lady so I doubt she owed that much on her mortgage) and rented a 1 BR apartment for less? Maybe she could have fallen back on her "friends" who were so concerned about her for help?

There could have been many things that she could have done to save herself from something like this. Honestly, even though I think the people who stole from her are total jerks, I really don't feel that bad for her. Yeah it sucks to see your personal possessions stolen right in front of you, but good God man... you could have done SOMETHING to protect yourself.

I don't feel bad for laziness or ignorance... =/

[edit on 1-10-2009 by IHIPrelude94]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This just goes to show how the current generation of Americans are pissing all over everything the Greatest Generation worked so hard for.

They were victorious in the greatest struggle of Good vs. Evil (WWII), put men on the moon, and built this country into the powerful nation it is today.

And this is how we repay them.

This is the beginning of the end, and we are bringing it upon ourselves. Our complacency is dragging this country down.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IHIPrelude94

Perhaps all that you say is correct ... like I said earlier she was aware this day was coming. But in all honesty, though it was heartbreaking to see, she wasn't the primary reason I wrote this thread.

Let's for the sake of argument take her presence out of the equation ... there's still something rather disturbing, and inherently surreal, in seeing well to do adults getting in a feeding primordial frenzy over stuff laying about on the sidewalk. At least for me that made a lasting impression. Perhaps I am naive.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join