It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was told I have strong psychic abilities : Help Please.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This sounds absolutely ridiculous.
But I was told by a sensitive that in time when my mind is clear I can begin to develop strong psychic abilities.
I have had a couple of close call near death accidents that the sensitive was able to describe as well as the entity that stopped the events from happening.
I suffer from anxiety and panic disorder and was told when they get better to start looking into this.
The sensitive was able to describe my grandma to a "T" without even knowing who I was. I saw her (sensitive) in a different city and didn't give any names.

Now, am I just being gullible or what?
I was told to have a strong mind before I decided to try and develop abilities because once they start you can't stop them.

How do I go about trying any of this? Or even doing some small things that can validate anything.
I'm not trying to BS anyone. 2 people have told me that in time I will be able to have some strong abilities.

So, please, if anyone out there can help me out it would greatly be appreciated. Or at least point me in the right direction.
I am willing to accept the fact that maybe I don't even have any abilities.

Peace,
Nate

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ontariocanada

firstly, what you are male or female ?secondly , what do sense about yourself?
this is the first question i will be ask you . I have an OCD and bipolar disorder , though i am successful and rich , due to my childhood and teenage in sheer poverty . even i have strong precognitive sensing

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
nate - i know where your coming from. I wish I could help you but I am in the same boat as you. More and more things are begginnig to happen that seem way to crazy to be coincidence... I have just started trying to work on this and I can see that it is certainly going to be a long journey and would love some guidance as well. Don't think your being gullible, man. Go out there on a limb and trust yourself.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I'm not too sure that mental health issues get better, controllable at best.

I would forget about your potential special abilities for now and concentrate on getting well in this dimension first.

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This will sound sarcastic....It is not meant to be!

But, if you are gifted, would you need to be told or need someone else to let you know this?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
male.
some precognition but very slightly and not very accurate. I feel like i know the past in a lot of places that i go to. I sense that i have been there or can feel something like knowing the history of the place but having no prior knowledge. Sometimes i can just get a slight image in my head of what things originally looked like. Old buildings in old cities. But I guess that could happen to anyone.
Maybe i want this too much and i really don't have it. But what i noticed is with a lot of people with mental illness they tend to have more psychic like abilities than that of the general public.
Anyways, my grandma visited me at the end of my bed one night in the past year while I thought I was awake. She looked like the last time I saw her as a child. She told me that she needed a huge. I was one of 4 brothers that would ever give her a huge. I visited her resting place and lay a rose. I haven't had any contact since.
G.A.D, PD, and OCD

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

thanks for your honesty.

I have always thought that i might have something but was unsure. some strangers just told me that i do. so....whatever.
If something comes of this then great. If not then I can accept.
Had weird experiences as a child too. But you know, everyone has a story.

thanks Doc

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by butch_uk

Yes. There have been many ups and downs. That's why I haven't pursued anything.
I just wanted to throw the line out there and see what people had to say or could help me with.

Mental illness is not curable but controllable. In time the medications will be removed. The drugs treat the symptoms not the illness.

Thanks for your reply
Cheers,
Nate

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

This will sound sarcastic....It is not meant to be!

But, if you are gifted, would you need to be told or need someone else to let you know this?

There can be many factors that can make people resist any sensitivity that they experience. This can be social/religious preconceptions and confusions.
Speaking personally from experience, this can be quite disconcerting and scary, and "the last thing I need" kind of kidney.

It all depends on how open you are to the idea that you might see what others may not.

Other issues aside, it's something one needs to either embrace, or move on. Either way you see stuff, so embracing might be easier on the psyche.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I noticed a big fine tuning/increase in my intuition by doing a view things.

1. Meditate daily, and I have a bath every nioht if I can with epsom salts

2. I did a water fast to cleanse, and since then I only eat vegetarian, sometimes raw vegan for awhile. I also switched to flouride free everything.

3. Read a book called Psychic Living by Andrei Ridgeway. Simple exercises, and simple explanations. I noticed a big difference after doing these for a month or so. Especially when it comes to synchronicity.

That's just me.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
You need to find out what your abilities are.

How old are you? Stuff like this usually shows up in the latter stages of childhood.

Panic attacks? My guess would be strong empathy. You need shields and quickly. There are many articles online about how to shield yourself from the thoughts/feelings of others.
Please note: Most people don't catch the thoughts and feelings of individuals. They, instead, catch a heck of a lot of background noise. The occasional strong emotion can break through even the strongest of shielding.

The sensitive was correct, however. Once you start opening the pathways in your mind, there is no going back to being mundane.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I have a very important message for you.

Listen carefully....

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Nobody, in my opinion, has psychic ability. No special powers or any supernatural abilities. Your question I think wasn't about what you should do as in proceed with learning your abilities or not, rather it was is this normal or not? Develping delusions about yourself is of course as sign that maybe your not so well, or indeed a little gullible. So regardless of your viewpoint you are completely normal to question this. So that's good. If I were you I'd not be drawn into it by alleged psychic abilities that others claim to have. I'd just research the subject and you can see that no psychic ability has ever been shown to exist. It's a fun fantasy to have but leave it at that.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by logican

blunt, but to the point. thanks for the reply. it starts to turn the wheels.

really, it does. i have never seen any scientific proof of "abilities" and i have also never seen any proof that science is true either.

I don't run around the town toting that I have special powers. It has always been something that has intrigued me. If nothing comes of it then whatever.

Some people are out there to make people disbelieve.

I don't bring my fairy tale into my everyday life, I leave it for bedtime.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Well, hopefully not a mean sounding blunt! You are using science to write your posts. You are using a computer that has been built with science. Science is simply using facts to establish knowledge. The wheel is an act of science. Having a practical application or tool is a handy contribution that science brings.

So when you apply "science" to test psychic abilities you are using facts to add to your knowledge. Not taking away from anything.

Good luck with your journey.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

My opinion is that you should concentrate on real abilities that might serve you to earn an income.

What talents do you have other than these special abilities you are told you have?

Are you good with numbers, are you artistic, are you good at counceling people? What would you like to do as a career?

I'm not dismissing that you might have some abilities that go beyond the norm, but unless you become a snake oil salesman touting your abilities, will they put food on your table?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I guess you're not that psychic after all if you never recieved my message.

And yes, wisdom knocks very quietly.

Good luck my friend and sorry if my little tease caught you out. It was a psychic message for you to pick up.
I was sending you an image of a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon I have here.

Take care and be well.....cheers.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I guess logican would have dismissed x-rays were he around 150 years ago?

Just because you can't see, touch, taste, hear or smell something, doesn't mean it isn't there.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by butch_uk
I guess logican would have dismissed x-rays were he around 150 years ago?

Just because you can't see, touch, taste, hear or smell something, doesn't mean it isn't there.

Well how do you know I wasn't around 150 years ago as you weren't there to see, touch, taste, hear or smell me?

Using facts to establish the truth doesn't seem a bad way to prove or disprove something, it's being open minded and reaching a conclusion not based on emotion or imagination.

So as for dismissing x-rays, if there are facts that can be put to the test, repeated and verified then I don't quite see why you would think I would dismiss it. This has never been done with any psychic/supernatural ability. Ever. Nothing beyond statistical probability, chance, trickery etc. So therefore I reach a conclusion that they do not exist.

Not unreasonable is it really?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by logican

Actually psychic abilities have been proven since the 1960 in Russia by Nina Caligula who was the real deal. There is also a chinese dude who can start fires and put a stick through a three inch thich table, I saw it it was real. So don't say it has never been proven because it has.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join