It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military to get mandatory swine flu shots

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by LadySkadi

This is the way the military members are treated. Sickening isn't it?

Lets not forget how they used soldiers to test the longer ranger effects of an atom bomb.

Not really. If you join the military, they own you. You are their property. A resource.

If they want you to jump, you ask how high. If they want you to take a shot, you say thank you.

Its for individuals who like being controlled by authority. Im sure there is a psych profile that fits soldiers perfectly.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Copernicus]

Yes sir you are correct. Let us not forget that G.I. means General Issue (or government issue); you are their property.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I understand that the military Has begun the Vaccinations sometime within the past two weeks.
I posted earlier about a young woman that is very ill at this time. I was asking if it is possible that they are using a live virus. Her military husband was vaccinated with the H1N1 sometime in the last two weeks.
She in the hospital and has been tested for the H1N1 and is awaiting the results. I guess it takes three days.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
A soldier died at Fort Jackson and considered the first H1N1 victim of the US Army.
www.thestate.com...

A Fort Jackson soldier who died Sept. 10 is the first Army member to die from complications caused by the H1N1 virus, commonly called swine flu. Autopsy results released late Wednesday showed Spec. Christopher Hogg, 23, of Deltona, Fla., died from pneumonia caused by the H1N1 influenza, said Brig. Gen. Brad May, Fort Jackson's commanding general. Hogg did not have any underlying medical conditions that would have exacerbated the flu's effects, he said. "This is the one case where there is something different there," May said. "Why didn't he recover? I don't know." Army Spec. Christopher Hogg of Deltona, Fla. STORY: Letter from Brig. Gen. Bradley W. May Hogg is possibly the first member of the U.S. armed forces to die from the H1N1 virus. On Saturday, the Associated Press reported no H1N1 deaths had been recorded in the military. Gary Tallman, an Army spokesman, said Hogg was the first flu-related death in the Army, but he could not confirm it was the first among all branches of the military. The flu season has started earlier than usual at Fort Jackson, said Col. Nancy Hughes, commander of Moncrief Army Community Hospital. On Wednesday evening, 51 soldiers were being treated for flulike symptoms, she said. None was hospitalized, but they were resting in an isolated area known as "sick in quarters."

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Military is the only group who can get smallpox vaccines.

Are their any military recieving smallpox vaccines?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
Its for individuals who like being controlled by authority. Im sure there is a psych profile that fits soldiers perfectly.

I took that one. I walk the borderline between genius and sociopath. They said the majority of the people in my command do.

Anyway, this is typical. We get our asses and arms filled with all sorts of crud.

The worse I've seen is a guy that was allergic to eggs get sick from his annual flu shot, and some really gross "zits" from guys that got the smallpox vaccination. Anthrax burns a bit, and typhoid will make your arm and body ache for a while if you don't front load yourself with motrin prior to getting the shot.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

I received the small pox vaccine in Feb. 2003. Nothing happened to me, but I still have a pretty nasty scar from it on my left shoulder. I have not heard when we will receive the H1N1 vaccine on Base, but I know that I'll tell them I'm sick so I don't have to receive it.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SFKNOLEG74

Good to know.

Smallpox vaccines have a shelf life of 3-5 years. Get one of those and your good to go.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Riddle me this LS. If these swine flu shots are mandatory then how come I have not recieved mine yet.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Ouch. Mandatory shots and such are the reason I wont join the military. For real! I hate needles and I am not cool with weird chemicals in me aside from the normal mandatory ones against horrible crazy diseases of the past.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by A-E-I-Owned-You

I've had so many injections over the years I can hardly remember what they were without looking at my medical folder. The most recent I think was PPD and Anthrax.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This thread was started awhile ago...So was it mandatory? I don't see any posts from service people forced to take it, or any bad reactions mentioned here.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by redeyedwonder

Maybe it was false news because I have yet to get my shot. Maybe it's because I am in Iraq and to ge the shot you must be in the states but I could be wrong for that matter.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Thanks for the info, I kinda thought this was old news that never happened. The title caught my eye, and then the date.

Thanks again

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I got mine a few months ago. And the "seasonal" flu shot.

I'm fine (even tho there are many here on ATS that will question that.)

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!

Riddle me this LS. If these swine flu shots are mandatory then how come I have not recieved mine yet.

Who knows .... maybe they ran out?
Lol.
Glad that you were not forced to take something that was probably unnecessary.
Glad the "scare" (I use that loosely) is over and we can all move on...

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Hi LS. Just giving you a friendly bump on the swine flu shot. Perhaps they did run out of vaccines.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I got my flu shot a while back, and it wasn't that bad honestly. I had a pretty bad reaction to the regular flu shot, but the H1N1 wasn't anything. I just wish they hadn't run out of the mist kind for both my shots. Not a huge fan of needles.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Damnit, a few days after I got back they forced the H1N1 shot on me and took it. Something interesting that I heard was when I asked about the side effects of the shot they said it was just coughing and I did get that but that was all. They also told me that flu shot that I have gotten in the past contains small traces of the H1N1 but the actual shot was of a dead virus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join