It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Song Lyrics Pre-Approved by Parents - Part of Program Honoring Many

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway

Originally posted by oneclickaway
Who speaks of nothing, whilst promising restitution

You know there aren't many Americans that use the word "whilst", unless of course you are a British immigrant. Are you just a Brit complaining about our President? And if you are parroting Glenn Beck, the proper word there is "reparations".

[edit on 9/30/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelx666
i dun understand, are we going to Communism ?

I'm not surprised that you don't understand. This is an actual political issue, not the sensationalism that's being used to undermine this administration. This line in the song refers to the Ledbetter Act, which Obama signed in his first two weeks in office. It was one of his campaign promises.

President Obama signed the Ledbetter Act, saying, "Ultimately, equal pay isn't just an economic issue for millions of Americans and their families. It's a question of who we are and whether we're truly living up to our fundamental ideals."

Source

Originally posted by Wimbly
How about this brand new one BH? This brings the count to 7 videos showing various school forcing kids to sing political talking points as fact. What is your excuse for this one?

I have no idea about this video. It's probably the same as all the others. School programs celebrating our president and his hopes for the country. If you have a problem with that, it really is YOUR problem, not mine. It doesn't seem that any of the kids are being "forced", however. More sensationalism.

First of all this video was all over ATS and the media for months:

Try clicking on the link there, bud. It's NOT the Jesus Camp video. It's exactly what I said it is. I didn't fudge the facts. Sorry you went to so much trouble only to end up looking foolish.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Here's more on your YouTube video, Wimbly. I hate to interrupt your faux outrage with facts, but as I suspected, the details about this one are very similar to the last one.
The parents also attended the program (about American heroes) in February and there were NO COMPLAINTS. The YouTube video was posted without consent of the parents or school.

Obama Song Raises a Storm

The video, filmed in February not long after Obama's inauguration, shows children chanting “Change has come” and “Yes, yes we can.”

Some callers issued death threats, accusing the school of brainwashing students, schools spokeswoman Jan Blunt said.

Students performed skits, sang songs and read poems about American heroes and what students could do to be heroes themselves. Obama — along with George Washington, Amelia Earhart, Martin Luther King Jr. and Clara Barton — was among those profiled.

How dare children be given the idea that they, too, can be an American hero? How dare they be taught to be positive? It's just sickening, I tell you!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Here's an article that I think explains this entire mess in a nutshell. It tells exactly this controversy came about.

How the Right Exploits Kids for Political Purposes

But a small, vocal and angry minority are attempting to thwart the will of the people with their tea bag-dropping, death panel-fabricating, birth certificate-denying, town hall-yelling, "you lie" shouting tactics.

And the sad part now is that they're hiding behind the kids to do it. That's the worst of cynical politics, even for the right wing.

Kids Sing Praising Bush, Congress, FEMA After Katrina

OK...you had me up until the above part. Throwing around inflammatory rhetoric that is completely baseless and not at all provable shows me that this source is just as bad as anyone "threatening children" simply because they are egging it on.

If you go back to the original thread regarding this topic, you will see MANY posts from Obama supporters that were also questioning the appropriateness of this song in an elementary school.

Now, I'm sure that Obama supporters have not suddenly become "extreme right-wing teabag throwing birthers" -- now do you?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
"Equal work means equal pay...................All are equal in his sight.................. Mr. President we honor your great plans..............To make this country's economy number one again!"

Um uh.... wow!

Are you serious BH? Some idiot influencing a child's mind tells them to sing a song worshiping the fuhrer, they film it, and you're pissed off at the parents for not liking it, and making a stink about it? Is there something broken in your head? The kids in that video belong to their parents, not to the school. They can sort it out independent of your sycophantic opinions.

Just curious but which part of that specifically bothers you? Equal pay for equal work or making our economy better than it is now?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Not saying that wasn't the case but just from my experience of raising 3 boys.....we have never had lyrics sent home prior to some recital/event. They are handed out at the door. Maybe it's different elsewhere, but I doubt it.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Not saying that wasn't the case but just from my experience of raising 3 boys.....we have never had lyrics sent home prior to some recital/event. They are handed out at the door. Maybe it's different elsewhere, but I doubt it.

It is different now. People have been afraid of loons with threats and crazy lawsuits. Unfounded nuttery aint it? My parents never got the lyrics to my stupid Ronald Reagan song. In the last year or so, things have changed.

p.s. I say stupid just because I wanted to be in gym class instead of singing about some old guy on the wall but I am sure these kids are planning their cabinet assignments after their indoctrination to work hard and try to be the best.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

That video creeps me out more than the MMM MMM MMM one.

Kinda messianc/Mosiac with Obama = Hope bits. I was waiting for them to say Hope is the way and the path..........

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

Ummmm..... my kids still are going to grade school and that has NEVER happened. It's not like I'm talking about the "good ole days". I am speaking of today.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
reply to post by Lillydale

Ummmm..... my kids still are going to grade school and that has NEVER happened. It's not like I'm talking about the "good ole days". I am speaking of today.

Well, me too darling and apparently at these seven schools so you are outvoted.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale

Just curious but which part of that specifically bothers you? Equal pay for equal work or making our economy better than it is now?

How's that great economy doing?

Big recovery going on I hear.

Lots of people getting good jobs..... right?

I know, I know, his plans are awsome.

He's not a corporate shill.

Bush saved his "rich corporate buddies". With his rediculous Bailout.

Obama "saved the middle class", by bailing out the exact same people that Bush did....... Strange how that works. Bush is a corporate hack, and Obama is "the saviour of the middle class" because he did exactly the same thing that Bush did, twice................. literally.

In fact Obama is so fracken smart he went out and bought a Car company to prevent it from going bankrupt. And he bought it with taxpayer money. You know what happend next? The company went bankrupt anyway. Must have been part of the plan.........

He's still got us in Iraq, Afgahnistan. He's bombs Pakistan routinely, and he changed his mind on the Patriot act...

I agree with you, how is singing this man's praises any different than singing about George Bush? There shouldn't be an uproar, they are the exact same person after all. If a bunch of Kids can be brainwashed into thinking Bush was awesome by stupid religous freaks, then by god, teachers aught to be able to do the same with Obama!

With any luck, we'll have a society teeming with complete idiots by the time Democrats and Republicans are finished! BUT AT LEAST THE KIDS CAN SING ABOUT HOW MUCH THEY LOVE THIER LEADER. AT LEAST THEY CAN PRAISE HIM BECUASE THEY ARE BEING TOLD BY IDIOTS THAT THE HOPE OF THE COUNTRY RESTS IN THE HANDS OF AN INTELLECTUAL LIGHTWEIGHT.

Oh yeah, he's gonna save the economy. He's gonna Pay of all the DEBT we owe. HE'S BORROWING AS MUCH MONEY AS HE CAN TO PAY OFF THAT DEBT...........

wait....

HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU PAY OFF DEBT BY TAKING OUT A LOAN!?!?!?!?

Praise his glory kids, praise his glory.

Like watching a herd of cattle, being led to the slaughterhouse.

America. Land of the stupid.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by aravoth]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

How's that great economy doing?

Big recovery going on I hear.

Lots of people getting good jobs..... right?

LOL. Pay attention kids.

I asked what is bad about kids singing about equal pay for equal work and trying to make the economy better. I did not say anything about them praising the wonderful job he DID on the economy.

I ASKED WHAT IS WRONG WITH LYRICS IN SUPPORT OF IMPROVING THE ECONOMY.

The crappy economy is exactly what I was talking about because that would be why it needs to be improved so badly. Nice try though.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Lillydale]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

LOL. Pay attention kids.

I asked what is bad about kids singing about equal pay for equal work and trying to make the economy better. I did not say anything about them praising the wonderful job he DID on the economy.

I ASKED WHAT IS WRONG WITH LYRICS IN SUPPORT OF IMPROVING THE ECONOMY.

The crappy economy is exactly what I was talking about because that would be why it needs to be improved so badly. Nice try though.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Lillydale]

I'm sorry, DID YOU NOT READ THE FRACKEN SONG LYRICS?

THE SONG HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ECONOMY.

It had to do with Obama fixing the economy. You you can not see the difference, then there is no hope.

Use context clues..... I know you can do it!

Unless you were singing praises to the president during that lesson in school..............

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I'm sorry, DID YOU NOT READ THE FRACKEN SONG LYRICS?

Uh, yeah. Did you? They honor his great plans to make the economy better. Uh huh and....? I am still not understanding what the problem is. Kids hoping that their president will succeed? That the economy will improve? Which part is so upsetting.

P.S. Do not try to act all tough guy over the internet for one but especially if you are going to toss BSG curses at me.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I found a few videos to go with this particular thread.

Indoctrination: New Jersey School Kids Instructed to Sing Praises to Barack Obama

NEW! School Kids Sing And Praise Obama! Comparison To Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.?

Now, before anyone goes attacking me, those videos were named that, I only posted the names here.

I had never heard of anyone singing, literally, praise, or singing about Bush.

If I had I would be just as pissed off as I am now because that to me is stupid.

As in my previous post to me this rings of the Moonie's and the fanaticism of "blind followers" because children are susceptible to being pushed one way or another, whether their parents know or realize that or not, and while I cannot speak specifically on having children singing because I am single, I would never let my children sing any man or woman's praise, President, or otherwise.

I see major issues with this that the parents at that school would let their children, or encourage their children to sing Obama's praises, especially in connection with the economy, because this deifies the man, and he is no savior.

The World's Most Powerful Cult

[edit on 2-10-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
You know BH, "parental consent" is not a good enough reason to be allowed to sing Christmas Carols anymore?

The govt involvement in our little public indoctrination centers has got to stop.

Used to be, 90% of the teachers were liberal whack-jobs in all their views, regardless of what they "were teaching" and that all we had to worry about. Now the Federal Government is actually handing out lesson plans to their little teacher minions!

I dont want to hear about the "plights of modern teachers" either...you're getting paid plenty to destroy our heritage and future generations.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
I had never heard of anyone singing, literally, praise, or singing about Bush.

Exactly. As the left wing machine didn't have any interest in making it look like kids were "praising "Bush in some cult fashion. That's why you never heard of it. It happened. There are a couple threads here about it. They praised Bush and FEMA for their handling of Katrina...

If I had I would be just as pissed off as I am now because that to me is stupid.

Having an opinion that it's stupid and equating it to Moonies are two different things, the latter of which I cannot agree with.
If children were going to become cult followers of a president, it would be of Lincoln or Washington as there are TONS of children songs about them (which, to my knowledge, NO ONE has ever complained about).

I see major issues with this that the parents at that school would let their children, or encourage their children to sing Obama's praises, especially in connection with the economy, because this deifies the man, and he is no savior.

I suggest you take it up with the parents. It is their right to approve or disapprove of what their kids do in school, just as it is your right to make a judgment about it.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Well, I heard about Bush and the praise for F.E.M.A. part, that was not what I was addressing, and in my opinion, Bush and F.E.M.A. dropped the ball, but so did the Governor of Louisiana.

Anyone "singing" praises, as in similar to a choir or chorus, of another person, who is still alive, is something disturbing to say the least.

Singing of a hero of old, like for instance John Henry, the fictional characterization of hard and diligent work of one man over the "machine" being a symbolism of man against the system, is one thing, because it is a lesson for all of humanity to learn, to do your best to achieve your goals against the adversary that can and will literally replace you.

Thinking something is stupid, and equaling the Moonies are one and the same, to me.

I saw the Moonies for what it was at the time, a cult, plain and simple, which is stupid.

Cult's are for blind followers, people who do not feel they belong, or want a sense of belonging, no those are not the same exact thing, they are two halves of similar mentality.

Take it up with those parent's?

Do I strike you as someone who will waste my time speaking to sheeple?

That to me is exactly what anyone, on either side of the political aisle who blindly follows anyone is, because I was taught to never follow blindly, only lead, by example.

So many people nowadays do not take the time to consider their actions or the ramification of said actions, nor do they often consider other people's actions, but then again not many truly know how to lead, either.

I am fortunate in that I had two loving parents who taught me about politics, encouraged me to read, and as well lead by example of what the right thing and the wrong thing is and it is unfortunate that it took me over twenty some odd years to come to that conclusion because of my own issues which I got over a long time back, but that I am thirty-six and see what I see is in fact a gift that I do not squander.

When I think of the Moonies, I remember Charles Manson, Jim Jones, David Koresh.

When I think of any of those I remember what one man can do, if the motivation is wrong and it can potentially lead to ovens meant for bread but instead men and women end up in them, it can potentially lead to showers for washing but instead released is cyanide or chlorine gas, it can potentially lead to Kool-Aid which is often refreshing but instead poisons and kills those taking the refreshment.

Am I likening Obama to Hitler, Manson, Jones, Koresh, or Reverend Moon?

I am undecided as of this moment...

The Cult of the Presidency, Updated: America's Dangerous Devotion to Executive Power

I do know this though a society is only truly aware of what is going in the way it is presented to them and what information is given to them to process and decisions are based on that as well as their own independent educational levels, life experiences, and of those who educate, influence, and or love them.

Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed

Every single day I watch as society falls apart little by little, crumbling at the edges, being picked apart and being destroyed from both outside and within, and no matter what man is the current sitting President, it is always disturbing to me that the entire country barely has a grasp on what is going on.

I love our discussions and diatribe because this is how to talk to someone you respect and come to an understanding of what each other appreciates and or does not. I believe you see what I am talking about, referencing, and as well you see there is a far bigger picture and problem, it is however our own differences and the way we express them that make us often not agree, which is fine by me, because I enjoy having an intelligent discussion, even if that person does not agree with me because it is often when you disagree with someone that you know that you have in fact found one of your best friends, which is what I consider of you, BH.

I have a friend I have known now for fourteen years and she and I do not agree on almost anything, she agrees with cloning, D.N.A. splicing, and getting the bio-chip (Verichip/Digital Angel), and I am wholeheartely against those things, with her being almost twice my age, it should in essence be a reverse of beliefs than what it is because she came from a different generation than I did. One day we were discussing, yet again, cloning, D.N.A. splicing, and the bio-chip and we actually came to the conclusion that we both saw our particular perspectives for the same exact reason.

The difference however was in the ethics, morals, and obligation to humanity and societal contiunance, her belief is that human's should be finding ways to live far longer, extending their lives, etc, and while I can most assuredly see her perspective mine on it is how dare man play God.

You, to me, BH, are very similar to her, in that we will respect each other, share our opinions, but we will not necessarily always agree, but at the very least, like her, as a friend, I can say I love you and respect you, dearest friend.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
You, to me, BH, are very similar to her, in that we will respect each other, share our opinions, but we will not necessarily always agree, but at the very least, like her, as a friend, I can say I love you and respect you, dearest friend.

Oh, man! Now I'm all soft and teary eyed! Yes, we will disagree because of our context in life and our basic assumptions and beliefs about what is best for our country and how best to go about getting that. But the respect far outweighs any disagreement.

Of course I see your position. Just because I don't agree doesn't mean that don't understand.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Well, I knew you were soft, in all the right places.

But, teary-eyed?

I wish I could hug you real tight.

Maybe we'd sing the Coke song?

Yes, I am glad you and I can agree and disagree, it is a fundamental part of our friendship.

My reasoning behind being upset about these children singing, is they do not understand the concepts of what verbalization, and singing about someone means, like you and I do, whether we agree on the intent, content, or context, is irrelevant, those children however do not understand, and I have a feeling neither do their parents.

When the human languages, no matter which language, is verbalized through music, there is a harmonic resonance of what is said, we actually vibrate, like bees buzzing, which is either a soft and soothing resonance, or a sharp and contrasting warning.

So, my particular thoughts on this singing praises, is almost as if the parents within the school allowed their children to sing a song, praising the man, and those being there who did not know any better would literally be trapped through a harmonious hypnosis of sorts of what was being said through song.

Go figure,...

...I was actually paying attention to my Science teacher, about the birds and the bees...

...and seeing the hive mind in work and action.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join