It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Song Lyrics Pre-Approved by Parents - Part of Program Honoring Many

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It appears that despite what the school initially said, the parents, at least not all of them, WERE NOT told by the school what was to come of this song.

Jim and Gina Pronchick, who were among the few protesters who have children in the school, said they were upset that their son was in the video without their permission -- and that school officials hadn't fully explained the context of the song.
link: www.foxnews.com...

It may be from FOX, but there is a protest that happened in NJ regarding this song this morning. Interestingly, some of the protesters were parents of the kids that sang.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
There is really no way to sugarcoat this if you ask me. Labeling it as being fuel for the right wing extremists.. Sure it is, lets get you a nobel peace prize shall we? But to dismiss it as nothing else is irresponsible.

Someone video taped it and thought it worthy of being made public. Are they just another crazy gun toting extremist? They must have known one of those kids up there, does'nt there opinion count?

So it was a song about BHM? And they devote the whole song to Obama, rather than teach the children about more prominent figures in black history? I wouldnt mind it so much if he was just tossed in there with all the other names.. He shouldnt already be compaired to Malcom X or MlK, but hey what do I know right?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mailman

So it was a song about BHM? And they devote the whole song to Obama, rather than teach the children about more prominent figures in black history? I wouldnt mind it so much if he was just tossed in there with all the other names.. He shouldnt already be compaired to Malcom X or MlK, but hey what do I know right?

This was one song of many. They sang about many leaders and great men from American history. You only saw one song. The parents got the lyrics ahead of time. Whoever taped this knew what the song was and allowed their child to sing it willingly.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
"Equal work means equal pay"? "Honor your great plans"?

Excellent...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This is the most rediculous argument ever! Who gives a sh!t about a stupid song, some ppl will sensationalize anything. From reading this entire thread, its clear that these songs have been done with all presidents. Its just another case of red vs blue, and the crazy bible belt, nothing better to do, anti gay marriage, pro life , WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN nut jobs.

I'm not down there with you guys, so I am no Obama expert, but he is doing no worse than anyone else from what I can tell.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
It may be from FOX, but there is a protest that happened in NJ regarding this song this morning. Interestingly, some of the protesters were parents of the kids that sang.

You know what's really interesting? That they waited until October to protest when the program was in February!
Why didn't they protest then? They went and saw their children sing in this program and sat and applauded, but it took them 8 months to get up the nerve to protest about it?

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
From reading this entire thread, its clear that these songs have been done with all presidents.

Yes, they have. And no one protested. During the program or eight months afterward.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The parents in NJ protesting now didn't know what transpired 8 months ago. It's not that they didn't care then -- the first time they actually saw the performance was when it circulated online. As the article I linked said, the parents protesting now feel as if the school did not adequately inform them of what was actually going on at that time.

Many parents in NJ work full-time, some work two jobs, and don't spend as much time as maybe they should watching what goes on at school.

Have you seen our property taxes? If you have, then you know why they are at work and not at their kids' show. Not saying it's right or anything.

Further, singing about a President once out of office enables one to sing about facts that actually happened since once out of office it becomes history.

Singing about a President before he's actually done anything, and before it can be determined whether or not his policies have actually succeeded in accomplishing anything, is merely opinion.

This song is the opinion of the teacher. The teacher's personal opinion has no business being taught to students.

Once Obama leaves office and the history books are written -- then have them sing about it.

Prior to it becoming history, it is merely politics. And politics have no business in a public school system.

And please show me proof of all of the so-called presidential songs that have been sung in public school while a President was still in office and yet to complete ONE TERM.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
sorry -- double post.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by lpowell0627]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join