It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it built nuclear plant in mountain, near military base, to shield it from air attack

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Iran says it built nuclear plant in mountain, near military base, to shield it from air attack

hosted.ap.org

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- In an unusually frank disclosure, Iran's nuclear chief said Tuesday the country's new uranium enrichment site was built for maximum protection from aerial attack: carved into a mountain and near a military compound of the powerful Revolutionary Guard.

Iran's revelation that it covertly built a second uranium enrichment plant has raised international concerns that other secret nuclear sites might exist as well.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I don't know about all of you, but it seems to me that Iran is itching for a fight. Are they poking a stick at us and Israel under the armpit of Russia and China or are they just stupid?

I'm thinking former, rather than latter...

Also, we should take into consideration that Iran could simply be a well placed and knowing pawn in the Illuminati's long term game of chess in acquiring a Global Economy and Government structure.

What are your thoughts...

hosted.ap.org

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

Iran hasn't done anything wrong as of yet. Well they have with the nuclear thing previously, but this facility is no illegal. They don't people it was there, and they've agreed to have it inspected.

It's a smart move to have built it where they did, considering Israel is foaming at the mouth to attack them and so does the US propaganda machine.

Now the missile tests I think were a slap in the face, but this facility thing is being blow out of proportion.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Iran is not backing down that is something different than itching for a fight. It is just preparing for something a lot of Western countries want or are going along with.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
What do you do with your expensive investments?
You protect them from all known threats.
What is the value in monetary terms of Uranium?
Who controls the Uranium market?
Who are the other players in the Uranium market?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
to me it seems iran know that its a suicide mission for the u.s to attack, so they are saying, come on, what you think of this? our plant is secure, and you know it!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

LMAO, do they think we dont have planes that can fly higher than a mountain? I am sure we can put a bomb right on the center of the door that leads to the nuke plant in the mountain, then the next bomb will just travel down further. Are they really that stupid?

[edit on 29-9-2009 by HotDogNoBun]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HotDogNoBun

apparantly you have zero knowledge in how aircraft attacks work - building it where they have there will be 1 route in and out , and you cna bet that will be covered all the way with short to long range weapons

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

apparantly you have zero knowledge in how aircraft attacks work - building it where they have there will be 1 route in and out , and you cna bet that will be covered all the way with short to long range weapons

Apparently you have no knowledge of are military capability. We have the ability to jam radar, come in stealthly, or to use a cruise missle. Also we are smart enough to bomb the hell out of the immediate area before we even attempt an attack on the nuclear complex.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
What do you do with your expensive investments?
You protect them from all known threats.
What is the value in monetary terms of Uranium?
Who controls the Uranium market?
Who are the other players in the Uranium market?

Are you really THAT naive? The World Trade Center in NYC was an "expensive investment", as you say, but the US didn't deem it necessary to put it inside a bunker quarter of a mile tall, or build it underground altogether. Nor did we put a few anti-aircraft batteries in Manhattan (like the Iranian did in Qum).

The only purpose for the hardened structures (which are super expensive in themselves) is to protect against an air strike, and such value is not an investment but purely strategic (and large one).

Anyone who believes that this is a civilian purpose facility needs their head checked.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

jamming radar paints the biggest picture on the planet of where you are - you do know this dont you? they might not know for sure ` how many` but that great big white on the screen shows direction and speed

and any jamming takes time to burn through.

and you really think iran built this `at the base of a mountain`

is NORAD at the base of a mountain?

no its a long way down under it - as this will be.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Well you must feel proud to be so pro-iranian and so anti-american. I am sure we can find a way to destroy it. Maybe we can just send them the nuke they been looking to build.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

what are you babbling on about? im neither american nor iranian - and trying to correct you lack of knowledge of military affairs.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tapped In
I don't know about all of you, but it seems to me that Iran is itching for a fight. Are they poking a stick at us and Israel under the armpit of Russia and China or are they just stupid?
hosted.ap.org

My thoughts are exactly opposite of yours. Iran did good thing to make it in a place which they consider secure. They have the right to pursue nuclear technology like other countries of the world and they are exercising their rights. If you expect someone to not exercise their rights bcoz' you dont think it's correct then you can put your thoughts and feelings where the sun never shines.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

yeah I don't see how correcting you makes him anti-american. Unless you are Shawn Hannity in disguise.

Either way, he was simply correcting your mistaken statement.

Unfortunate, but true.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Given the threats made by Israel, underground makes a lot of sense.
I don't see how you can compare WTC with a Nuclear Refinement Facility.
I would be suprised if similar facilities in US/UK etc are not also well protected.
I live in UK ,why should i be worried about Iran?
Any nation that pre-emptively launches nukes would have to launch at least 20.
They would need to be stealthed.
Even then they would be back-tracked and a retaliatory lesson would be expected from the security council.
My questions regarding the Uranium Market are a side issue but relevant.
And no i am not naive.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

to be honest - im waiting for a neo-con to bring up the `wiped from the map` bollocks

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by Cosmic4life

to be honest - im waiting for a neo-con to bring up the `wiped from the map` bollocks

Well I guess if we WIPED IRAN FROM THE MAP that woud take care of the mountain issue. There do you feel better?

[edit on 29-9-2009 by HotDogNoBun]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

well how do you propose this is done [SNIP]?

drop a nuke? its under a MOUNTAIN

remember norad was designed to survive a direct hit from the biggest soviet nuke - the tsar bomba at 100 MT

Mod Edit: Removed unnecessary comment.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

But was it designed to suffer a direct hit from 10 of them simultaneousy? That is the question.

<<   2  3 >>

join