It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Prices, and those who whine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm tired of people complaining about gas prices.

For that matter, I'm tired of the media hyping it up, like it really matters.

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

Buy a fuel effeciant car and two bucks for driving 30-60 miles is not a very big deal.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
ITA.

Whinging arseholes.

Let 'em take the bus and have to depend on IT for a few weeks then we'll see some legitimate complaining.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Alternatively they can go to Britain. Then they'd really have something to complain about !!!

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
have to agree with the pisky on that one come to ENGLAND then you can complain so stop you whineing lol

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'm not whining about it, but my wallet is. 50% increase in a year and a half is a bit much.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Gas prices here ARE becoming just a tad insane. I'm wondering when people are going to start boycotting like they did in England in 2000.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Not everyone can take the bus or drive a fuel efficient car. I had to drive a pick-up to be able to do my job, 50 miles in a day was a slow day, when you leave in the mourning and see a higher price than when you came home the night before it gets tough to be able to keep going.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I'm losing about fifty or sixty bucks more a month because I buy my own gas for my route (job). Fifty dollars is a lot to me. There are those of us out here that drive for a living. I'd love a new car, but its unnaffordable on student's schedule/budget.

After your paycheck is severely and constantly altered, then you can tell me to shut up. I've had to give up gas station pizzas for crying out loud!

Edit:underlining and bold

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by icelid]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by icelid

After your paycheck is severely and constantly altered, then you can tell me to shut up. I've had to give up gas station pizzas for crying out loud!

I don't get a paycheck, I get paid randomly. I also probably pay out more money just to do my job than you make (sad but true).

Anyway, if you are only spending 50-60 bucks a month in gas, then count yourself lucky. I have a fairly fuel efficiant car, and I spend up to about 200-250 a month in gas.

Wah

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
I don't get a paycheck, I get paid randomly. I also probably pay out more money just to do my job than you make (sad but true).

Anyway, if you are only spending 50-60 bucks a month in gas, then count yourself lucky. I have a fairly fuel efficiant car, and I spend up to about 200-250 a month in gas.

Wah

How do you spend 200 bucks a month on gas? And as for not whining, why don't we have the right to bitch and complain about the prices? I'm in college, I can't afford to buy a new car, the car I have right now is pretty good on gas, but it still sucks to have to pay a lot more than I used to. I can't get to my job on any kind of public transportation, so that doesn't really work. I can't very well ride my bike or walk. So... I think I have every right to be able to complain about it, I mean there is freedom of speech and all =)

So yeah, me+gas prices=:bnghd:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca

I can't get to my job on any kind of public transportation, so that doesn't really work. I can't very well ride my bike or walk. So... I think I have every right to be able to complain about it, I mean there is freedom of speech and all =)

So yeah, me+gas prices=:bnghd:

Gas is only around 2 bucks a gallon. The fact that you can't afford two lousy bucks a gallon lends itself to say that you are poor.

Look, no one cares if you are poor, and no one feels sorry for you. Try going to Europe sometime.

So again, boo #in hoo. I never said you didn't have the right to bitch, but I also have the right to tell y'all to shut the hell up cause it's getting old.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Be careful guys, gas can also be used to
, and you don't need a gallon.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Gas is only around 2 bucks a gallon. The fact that you can't afford two lousy bucks a gallon lends itself to say that you are poor.

Maybe where your at , right now reg is $2.39. It must be nice not haveing to worry about gas going up and eating into your budget.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I would have to agree that we in the US have it rather good when it comes to gas, we arnt paying crap compaired to most countries.

But now....on the other hand....

I use fuel oil to heat my house in the winter. And its getting massively expensive. *whine*

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I should stay off this thread, I like cheese with my whine, but when you factor in insurance, upkeep and gas, it's damn expensive to own a vehicle. I"m thankful that mine is pay off.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
oil war my ass! if we went to iraq for oil then why are the prices so high hippies!?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duke_Nukem

Maybe where your at , right now reg is $2.39. It must be nice not haveing to worry about gas going up and eating into your budget.

Yes it is actually, and I worked my ass off to get there too.

I'm also tired of the media making things into a big deal when they are not.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Its not the fact that gas is two bucks that is biting us....Its the fact that a year ago the prices were up to a dollar less per gallon and now it is starting to get at us.

We Americans like our gas guzzlers...:w:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Yes it is actually, and I worked my ass off to get there too.

I'm also tired of the media making things into a big deal when they are not.

So it is no big deal when the increase in fuel prices start having an effect on the rest of the economy, the increase in prices for goods and services due to increasing fuel costs. I'm glad you are so well off that what has an effect on other people has no effect on you. I hope you do not run into situations that some of us have. Even after working hard to get ahead somethings can strike that you can not prepare for and then price increases do become important.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duke_Nukem
So it is no big deal when the increase in fuel prices start having an effect on the rest of the economy, the increase in prices for goods and services due to increasing fuel costs. I'm glad you are so well off that what has an effect on other people has no effect on you. I hope you do not run into situations that some of us have. Even after working hard to get ahead somethings can strike that you can not prepare for and then price increases do become important.

Duke (although I hate calling you that because Duke Nukem is cool),

When prices go up, I make more money, so it's all the same to me.

As for the economy, if life is too expensive for you, either you do not have a proper budget or you make a piddling amount of money. Things become more expensive here every day, it has nothing to do with OPEC or gas prices.

Hell, I lived pretty well off damn near minimum wage for a few years in my life.

so?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join