It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Prices, and those who whine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

When prices go up, I make more money, so it's all the same to me.

I was only trying to bring up the point that not everyone is in the same boat and it does not have to be from not working hard or from not making alot of money. I made a very good living, (try living in Calif. ) but after my wife being in the hospital 5 times for 5 operations insurance only covers so much. Your right I don't make much ANYMORE, I got hurt at work and can't work anymore.

Not crying, not whining, this is just the way it is. I did have a nice nest egg built up but with what was happening I couldn't keep up with the bills and so the nest is empty now. There are some people who have worked hard to try and take care of themselves but things happen. I'm not trying to put the blame on any one just trying to make you see that just because your in a good situation does not mean that everyone else is, or that if there not then it's because there are at fault.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duke_Nukem
Not crying, not whining, this is just the way it is. I did have a nice nest egg built up but with what was happening I couldn't keep up with the bills and so the nest is empty now. There are some people who have worked hard to try and take care of themselves but things happen. I'm not trying to put the blame on any one just trying to make you see that just because your in a good situation does not mean that everyone else is, or that if there not then it's because there are at fault.

I have no problems with people who have gotten a truely rough break. It's the lazy and inept that continue to bitch becaue they can't invigorate themselves enough to stop working at the corner gas station to move up or even care to.

They bother me. As for you, life sucks. Seems to be the way it is. Money is not everything though, just hard work and a job well done.

Everything else will follow. I respect hard work, even if it does not end in big bucks or success. It's laziness I loath.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Everything else will follow. I respect hard work, even if it does not end in big bucks or success. It's laziness I loath.

On laziness you and I are in complete agreement. I worked my way up from peon to Service Manager was very good at my job but most importantly I Loved doing my job. Things happen and you just try and do your best.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join