It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Charged in Beating Death of Chicago Honor Student

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
So what if he was an honors student? Is that really needed information? In any case a 16 year old died, doesn't matter how his academics were going.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

The “so what” is this kid had promise to get out of the hole these others want him trapped in. They took that away because they are worthless sacks of garbage.

If they would pull their heads from their rears they could have been doing what this kid was instead they wanted to take away what he had.

Screw them I hope they stay in jail for life.

Raist

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
What they really mean by saying "honors" student is, "Hey, this wasn't just any black kid, this kid was smart, and since he was smart, it makes this much more tragic. If he was a crackhead, we wouldn't care as much".

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yeah, let's spend billions going after some cavemen half way around the world while our inner cities continue to rot to hell. And people wonder why the IOC told that s***hole of a city to take a hike.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

If he were a crack head the chances of him doing anything meaningful for himself or anyone in society are slim to none. I am sorry but that is truly how it is more often than not. Yes it is a cold way to look at it but it is a cold hard world.

The fact that he was an honor student means he had a greater chance of doing something meaningful in life, at least a greater than that of a crack head.

Most gang bangers will do nothing for their community aside from drag it down. An honor student could have become a politician that could have changed the world. I know these are all ifs and we do not have a definite answer, but again those ifs are greater with him than a crack head.

Does that make him more valuable as a person? Maybe so maybe not. Regardless a teen died that had a chance to get out of the crap hole he lived in. To me this makes it more of a tragedy than if a crack head had been killed.
So yes I value an honor student more than a crack head.

Raist

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yes, actually, an honor student in the ghetto is hard to come by. It was also caught on tape, which is unusual.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
That's just the problem, when we value life differently. Like how 1000 African lives are worth, what, like 10 American lives? Who cares if the whole continent of Africa dies really, or all crackheads. An egoist who lives by "What's in it for me", has no ability to judge the value of another life.

An A student then is worth more and is more tragic if killed than a C student, makes perfect sense.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Africans though are not doing things to destroy themselves. When a person that lives in my country does things that destroy themselves or another’s life they lose a notch on the chain of worth.

I value the lives of those in other countries as they are contributing to culture, unless they are doing anything listed in the following sentence.

Wasting yourself away on drugs is not contributing to anything. Harming a child is not contributing to anything either. Taking a life for anything aside from self defense is not contributing.

Edit to add: No both students are worth the same unless they do one of the things listed.

Raist

[edit on 10/6/09 by Raist]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

No, actually, an honor student who wants to make something of his life is worth more than a gang-banger who harms those around him. Most of these types of crimes are gang-banger on gang-banger.
We tend to value the lives of those most like us more- regardless of what some may claim.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Do you even consider what influences in life contribute to someone abusing drugs or whatever other problem, influences outside their control? Of course not. But this isn't about that. I'm glad you have a metric worked out in order to determine the value of human life. I don't know if you've seen the show Intervention but a lot of the people abusing drugs were themselves abused. So because they were abused, they are now worth less. Great logic there. It's like how muslim women that are raped are sometimes murdered because of something that happened outside their control.

You guys are missing my point, forget the drug addict part, someone of "excellence" dies and its a tragedy, someone that is average dies, and its less tragic than if they were an "honors" student. Not that tough to see my point guys.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

No. I believe in personal responsibility, rather than looking to blame others for one's own problems. They have gang bangers on Intervention?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
So external influences have no impact on a person? If a women is raped, and becomes anorexic, is it a choice? Your short sightedness is glaring.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
LOL! thats the glove that fits
let the olympics come to chicago..let people form all over the world come and spectate over a city that buisness and industry itself destroyed, all over greed for money. People can sit on the building remains! see the truth, of how things REALLy worka nd are..really it would be the perfect and idealisting city for this!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I didn't say that. Surely not everyone who is raped becomes anorexic, correct? Drug and alcohol addiction is mostly lack of will-power or the intelligence to seek mental help, not so much caused by external influences.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Gang bangers are not average though. Gang bangers are low life thugs looking for the easy and quick way through life.

It is not more tragic when an honor student dies than if a minimum wage no high school diploma Burger King worker dies. Both are contributing to society. Both are equal in those terms. A gang banger or crack head is doing nothing for society but harming it, so yes I have less concern when one of them dies.

I have no problem with gangs wiping each other off the face of the planet, as long as they leave innocent people out of it. Let them kill each other quicker so they do not reproduce as far as I am concerned they are all fools.

I would have the same concern for any citizen that was killed by a low life bunch of gang thugs regardless of their academic standing.

I don’t buy into the abused and using drugs thing for the most part. I think it is more will power and not wanting to look at things from another perspective.

It seems too much of a self pity thing for me to believe. I almost fell into the same trap, but realized it is nothing more than your mentality and trying to achieve better.

Raist

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It's a cold dark world we live in where an honor student can be brutally beaten by his peers. However, this is not new and it has gone on for a very long time in Chicago. Teen murders are becoming an epidemic on the across city, as of late. However, it involves not teenage gang bangers, but largely, civilian, unaffiliated youths. As of this Guardian article from August 11th, the number of school age murders was already in the 40's, and have grown with the Derrion Albert murder.

In all of Chicago, 42 children of school age have been killed, most at the end of a gun and all a short drive from the president's house. The youngest was three, the oldest 18.

www.guardian.co.uk...

However, the world the boy is from, is one of brutal violence and intimation at the hands of the thugs. If one wears apparel of a particular sports team or their hats a certain way, gang members will swarm in on them to find out where they are from, regardless, of any gang activity or affiliation, and violence usually ensues. Chicago is still a segregated community where there are pockets of people living together and outsiders are considered unwelcome. For instance, you have Polish communities, Puerto Rican, Mexican, and others living in their little social enclaves. With this type of demographic, the gangs follow suit. For example, one block will be a gang and the next will be a different one, all conducting illegal affairs in proximity with each other. That is how convoluted the gang culture is and like the city's ethnic make-up.

It's not just exclusive to the southside, but all over the city and the suburbs. My grandfather came up in a Polish immigrant family and grew up in the Bucktown section of the city which was largely Polish at the time. He told me that in certain neighborhoods, you couldn't even walk down the street without leaving with a beating or worse.

This was during the 20's and 30's and this type of behavior persists in the outlying areas. He left the city for the suburbs with his family after getting back from the war, as many families were doing at the time. Even, Mayor Daley's father is rumored to have gang affiliation as a youth, growing up in the largely Irish neighborhood of Brideport on the city's southside. This is how the city has always been since it was incorporated.

So far only two federal officials have chose any action regarding the violence. Two congressmen from Illinois, Mark Kirk(R) and Aaron Schock(R) are authoring legislation for a federal task force in Illinois to curb the ever- growing gang violence. Congressman Kirk commented exclusively on the Derrion Albert murder and why a federal effort is in order.

. . . the recent Chicago beating of Derrion Albert are proof, that federal help is needed to get gangs off the streets.

"My preference would be to first take out the Gangster Disciples especially after the President commented on this, that the Gangster Disciples so heavily embarrassed the city of Chicago in it's Olympic bid, killing a 16 year old boy who simply didn't want to join," Kirk said.

www.centralillinoisnewscenter.com...

Congressman Kirk represents the Chicago area and Schock represents downstate Peoria.

During a news conference at the Peoria County Sheriff's department Tuesday Kirk outlined his Anti Gang Task Force Act of 2009.
Under it 20–million dollars in stimulus money could be used to allow the federal government to help state, county and local police departments get gangs off the streets.

www.centralillinoisnewscenter.com...

So, an effort is in place, but I doubt it will do much to loosen the noose around the the impoverished neighborhoods in Chicago by the gangs. These task forces have come and gone before, but the gang element still persists. So, there will be news conferences of major arrests of leaders and huge narcotic seizures, but that's all there will be. They will remain underground until the task force finishes it's business, and then they will resurface. These gangs are the terrorists in American, not some Islamic group, because they are in our streets everyday using violence and intimidation to control entire communities.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Jakes51]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join