It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Charged in Beating Death of Chicago Honor Student

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

4 Charged in Beating Death of Chicago Honor Student

www.foxnews.com

Cell phone footage showing a group of teens viciously kicking and striking a 16-year-old honors student with splintered railroad ties has ramped up pressure on Chicago officials to address chronic violence that has led to dozens of deaths of city teens each year.

The graphic video of the afternoon melee emerged on local news stations over the weekend, showing the fatal beating of Derrion Albert, a sophomore honor roll student at Christian Fenger Academy High School
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Chicago!

What a great city to hold the 2016 Olympics! Gang violence, degradation, ill repair, political scandals, a president willing to compromise to get the Games in his own corrupt hometown. What a great American city for all the world to come and visit in 2016! The showplace of the USA! Obamatown.

What is this president thinking?

Is this the Obama PAYOFF? Obama gets the POTUS, Chicago gets the 2016 Olympics? Hmmmmm!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I'm so glad those gang members, knew for sure that, that honor student would in no way help mankind! phew, it was kind of confusing since he was a good student.

But we can't question a gangs logic, killing innocent people just to make friends

RIP...

These kids need a hobby.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

These kids need a hobby.

What else is there to do in South Side Chicago where gang violence goes rampant, while Obama plans for the 2016 Olympics to be held near his Chicago home.

Maybe they should clean the place up a bit before they think about Olympics?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I read about this last night. Very sad. My heart breaks for his family.

Four lives ruined and one life ended over stupidity, violence and hatred. Loam started a thread about dead end kids. He asked what happens to a generation without hope.

Now we have the answer. Sympathies to the families of all involved.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
There's outright madness in this country. Poor kid, I couldn't imagine how his parents feel.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
There was a thread started about a week ago on the cops in LA arresting 50 gang members and how it took 1000 cops to do so (according to the reading). I cannot find it now but there were people posting in that thread about how the gangs would be our salvation and they would save us if they took our guns. Some others were talking about how gangs should be left alone and how they are not hurting anything.

I sure am glad gangs are not a problem in our society otherwise someone might end up dead.

The gang members here should be taken out and beaten to within an inch of their life and then locked up until they die. The rest of their gang should be hunted down and have the same done to them as well.

Gangs are nothing more but a menace to society as a whole. I feel so sorry for this young man’s family and him. He was certainly an up and coming bright young person who was going to get out of the violence around him. Maybe if the gang members had worked as hard as this young man they all could have been honor role and this would not have happened. Stop believing the lies that you are stuck in a certain place. Everyone has a chance to reach a better spot.

Raist

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Maybe is they were studying like the kid they killed they killed this would never have happened. They might also get out of the violent inner city as well.

Raist

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
People are killed everyday in this petty gang fashion. Why is this national news? Because the victim was an honor student? Are they really so hard to come by these days? Soon enough we will nationally mourn the murder of a literate man as they will no doubt be rare a commodity in the not too distant future.

If there's a problem with mobs of barely functioning retards harming others there always has been. This isnt a new phenomenon. Maybe for some rural backwater of Minnesota but certainly not for Chicago. Chicago has been a cesspool since its founding.

Shame on these politicos for only taking action now (whatever weak and useless action it will be, ban large pieces of wood perhaps?) and shame on the communities suffering under this and like thugocracies for tolerating it for so long. What has really changed between pre-this kid being killed and post-this kid being killed that only now earns their attention?

Time and again people put up with this crap for far too long then act surprised when it all explodes in their faces.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Chicago has been a cesspool since its founding.

This is indeed national news because Obama wants to hold the 2016 Olympics but a few blocks from where this kid went to school and where he was beaten to death by a gang.

Why should America allow the Olympics to be held in the armpit of the nation?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Let the Olympics come to Chicago. The pimps and pushers could use the income.

The sudden burst of money into the area will result in a quick bubble of outrageous violence immediately following the games as all of the new security leaves.

It'll be like giving a crackhead a million dollars then after it's spent just kicking him back out on the street.

I like watching cities rot for their poor management.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Of course the MSM puts a blatant, yet subtle, racist leaning spin on it too, which I almost posted a thread about yesterday. I'm convinced they're trying their hardest to spark riots.

It sure looked to me like their goal was to paint a totally different picture to of the actual incident from each outlet. Man I hate the MSM nowadays.

When I checked CNN, they showed the honor student's picture in a cap and gown, never once mentioning that the other kids that attacked him were also black. When I checked FOX, they didn't show the victim at all, only the cell phone image of the frothing attackers holding boards going after the poor kid.

In both cases, they stop short of describing what really happened. If you were reading the CNN article, you're left with the impression that the attackers could possibly have been white. The FOX version left you wondering if the victim was.

Failing to report the whole story, and only including the vision they want to portray is nothing short of criminal.

It just goes to show you, in their eyes, how they see the makeup of their viewers. There's no doubt they're trying, every chance they get, to pull to the surface feelings of hatred they're sure we have, that are just dying to get out.

We're being done wrong people...all of us.

R.I.P kid, I hope your attackers rot.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
When I checked CNN, they showed the honor student's picture in a cap and gown, never once mentioning that the other kids that attacked him were also black.

The CNN article had high-quality pictures in it, which clearly showed the attackers as black. I don't see how's that unfair.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

When I checked CNN, they showed the honor student's picture in a cap and gown, never once mentioning that the other kids that attacked him were also black.

The CNN article had high-quality pictures in it, which clearly showed the attackers as black. I don't see how's that unfair.

Not at first, for several hours CNN only showed a picture of the student on their front page.
Both FOX and CNN have updated their stories, and video is now up to view on FOX. For most of the day yesterday it remained that way.

edit to add: Trust me, I know. I saw the article on CNN first, and literally had to go to FOX news to get any info, whatsoever, on his attackers. It's what made me notice the huge differences in their stories.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by lernmore]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yous also see the kids in this video adhering to the schools dress code policies. Wich doesnt really debunk the reports of this being gang related, but it does show they are not that gangsta, if they are going to follow a schools dress code.. The four murderers should be locked up for life. And everyone else satnding around should be locked up for a long time.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Well, aren't we amazed.

The Great Society took fathers out of the families. In many neighborhoods, and entire sections of cities, the most confusing day of the day is Father's Day.

We no longer can light someone's ass up in school. Gotta keep them in school, up and out. So they graduate and still don't know a damned thing.

They go to school dressed like bums.

T-shirts with messages. Britches 'bout to fall off their asses, drawers showing.

Gotta check backpacks for weapons, no sense of patriotism, no sense of self-esteem, and no sense of pride or accomplishment.

They can't speak English, they can't do math, they can't fill out a job application, and we wonder why this country is turning to ****.

We took prayer out of schools.

So we are now shocked that they murder each other.

This is just a glimpse of what is coming to this nation in the near future.

Zeus, often slow, always looks to his notebook.

A day of reckoning is coming. Just as sure as Winter follows Fall.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Not at first, for several hours CNN only showed a picture of the student on their front page.
Both FOX and CNN have updated their stories, and video is now up to view on FOX. For most of the day yesterday it remained that way.

edit to add: Trust me, I know. I saw the article on CNN first, and literally had to go to FOX news to get any info, whatsoever, on his attackers. It's what made me notice the huge differences in their stories.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by lernmore]

It's funny that different news outlets don't release the exact same stories at the exact same time with the exact same pictures.

It can only point to one thing: riots.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
wow this is insane. even the roughest gangsters have more common sense.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Finally I found the thread I mentioned in an earlier post.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

According to some of these posters gangs are not that bad. Again these gangs have gotten out of hand and something needs to be done.

Instead of a war on terror how about we start a war on gangs in our own country. This would get rid of a lot of “homegrown terrorism”. Gangs do nothing but destroy neighborhoods and cities. I would wager that over half of the problems with the inner cities are the gangs.

Gangs are doing nothing but destroying the youth of our nation if they are not killing them, or teaching them to kill others they are selling them drugs that will kill them. These kids could have done what the kid they killed was doing and they would have had a chance to make something of themselves as well.

Raist

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ItIsWhatItIs

They might be “smarter” about staying out of trouble, but common sense and gangsters are not compatible. If they had common sense they would not be in a gang doing the crimes they do.

Raist

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join