It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABOUT ATS: (comments on the new info threads)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

signature guidelines

I've been told that no approval is required to link to ATS threads. As suspected...but again, would someone update the ToS to reflect that?

Thank you.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

There is no problem with linking to any The Above Network, LLC content in your signature. It's a natural, no need for an update to the TAC.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Hey!! Greetings.
I was routed to this thread, while I was reading guidelines to avtars.
am certainly having problems linking my avtar on the settings page as after I hit the submit button, it comes back to the submit page again. What am I doing wrong. I selected the avtar url from my photos page and the file size is within limits.
P enlighten me.
Thanks

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by savvys84

Hi savvys84,

I just had a look at your ATS Media picture album, and my guess is that it's not working because the picture is too large (pixel dimensions, not file size). I think you'll have to resize it to about 160 pixels wide and upload it again.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by savvys84

This post really helped me the first time ... just follow the video step by step. Piece of cake.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I just saw Simon's post about the VOTE button which allows one to vote for superior content each month.

GREAT IDEA>

Man, ATS is going to be better then ever. KEEP IT UP!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Where the hell are the Secret Forums? Do they still exist? I can't find mine...

Any help would be great. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by broahes
Where the hell are the Secret Forums? Do they still exist? I can't find mine...

Any help would be great. Thanks.

I was directed in an older thread to post this question here. Was it in the wrong place?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by broahes

Do you mean R.A.T.S.?

If that wasn't helpful, you might also try posting your question in the ATS Issues Thread, which gets more traffic than this one, since the OP in this one is rather old and somewhat out-of-date.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

yes, Rats.

Thank you for that first link.. it's what I was looking for.

I am still rather confused trying to make my way around this massive site.

Again, thank you.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by broahes

You're welcome.

It definitely takes a while to find your way around here. Hopefully that'll improve with the redesign, and hopefully some of the dead ends of outdated threads/policies/etc will be clearly marked as out-of-date

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
how do i add my avator to my threads and post

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
how do i add my avator to my threads and post

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kbeet

This Thread should help you get through the process.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Yes i have a question...im not sure if this is the place to go. I was redirected to the 'general warning' by the mod of the topic i was on.I saw the link on that page....and i was wondering if this was the right place....i think it is...because this is a question is it not?

Alright my question is.

are MOD allowed to be biased?

i say this because the topic i was on the MOD has all almost all my posts removed saying they were 'off topic'.

and i dont understand how that could be so?

he basically told me that

'Off Topic
1. Staff Actions
2. Other Members
3. Closing of a thread '

And im fine with that.

But the problem is....he singled me out.

he removed almost all of my posts but none of the other posters had there posts removed

Why? they replied to me and i replied to them....about the same things.

should they not have had there posts removed as well as mine? why did he single me out?

Another question is......why was one of my posts singled out and removed under the 'decorum and manners' when you had people on the topic advocating for war and the death of innocents and a destruction of a nation?

my post needed to be removed i admit.

so my ultimate questions are

1.) Are MOD allowed to be biased?

2.) if not...why were my posts then singled ot and others were not?

i mean every post i made was almost removed by the MOD when IMHO they were on topic. But others who posted stuff much more off topic then me were allowed?

if this is the wrong area please forgive and my ignorance!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tauempire

Hi there

You might want to submit a complaint/suggestion form about your issue. That will start a thread in the special mods-only forum where they can discuss staff actions without having the whole thing played out on the public forum.

You could also try sending a U2U directly to the mod who removed your posts asking for clarification.

My experience with the mods has been that they are remarkably unbiased as individuals (in their actions as staff members anyway), and so diverse overall that there's very little bias in the moderation here as a whole.

[edit on 5/31/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
i have been a member for relatively short amount of time, i really enjoy this site, i ahve accumulated not many points maybe 200+( still a rookie here)however i was having issues logging in for at least a week, i finally managed somehow to get back in and my points are at -450 somehow.what happened? any info or help would be greatly appreciated.thanks

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jetsettingvet

Hi jetsettingvet

I just checked through your post history and noticed that you had one Terms&Condition violation for this post so the missing points may be a result of that. If so, you should have gotten a u2u from the moderator who removed the post.

If you have questions about why the post was removed, you can u2u the moderator who did so (even if you don't have enough posts yet to send u2u's to regular members, I'm pretty sure you can send them to moderators) or you can use the Suggestions/Complaints Form to bring the matter to the attention of the whole staff.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Comment on the ad honimem post

Is it allowed to ad honimem once own post ? In a decent yet obvious blow to the chest ?

I know it is a stupid question but I need to :bnghd: occasionally. I'd like to do so without being warned.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

thanks for the reply and ill try to monitor my speech a little beeter. i apologize, im not trying to offend, you know how it goes once ya start typing you just go with the flow,once again thanks

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join