It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue arc incident in arkansas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Back around Nov 2003, we had a huge sonic boom, with a bright blue arc that lit up the sky, alot excitement for here in Poinsett county. In the article I dug up, it says earthquake researchers, but several people saw NASA vehicles, along with guys in suits, searching the fields near where I went to college.

Any idea what might have happened? Funny they would send NASA here, the next day, to investigate a meteor.

www.arkansasnbc.com...

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Wow that sounds really cool. Could it be another Roswell?

A5H

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'd say a test aircraft of somekind.
I can't see alien crafts being so loud/visable.
Did anyone see anything come down?
Maybe go check those fields for any sign of an impact.

Ash

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
www.google.com...

Theres a few links for it. They all say meteor, but we all know thats always their first explanation

Everybody that was watching said it was so bright you could barely look at it, like a giant welders arc, and there were several small fires reported in several areas.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Thats a good story. Thanks for sharing. I am wondering though, why dont you think it was a meteor? Maybe it was a space craft or satellite of some kind, that would explain the NASA people. And if it was a military job, it would explain a cover-up...

It does smell a bit fishy, I will agree. From the link you provided:

A meteor above northeast Arkansas produced a rattling sonic boom and traced a blue-hot arc across the sky.

Researchers from the Center for Earthquake Research and Information in Memphis, Tennessee, are searching for the object in Poinsett County. Residents saw and heard the meteor Monday night.

Why would people from the earthquake institute be out searching for a meteor?

[Edited on 5-16-2004 by William One Sac]

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well, if NASA was there I suppose it could have been a NASA experiment gone bad. Although, an asteroid still sounds like the most plausible explanation.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I have seen a meteor in daylight. It does look like a welders torch. funny thing tho I would have swore that it was maybe 5 miles away. Turned out it exploded over Ohio. I live in New Jersey.

top topics

join