It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personality Disorder Test ...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I know you guys know this.....but I'm posting it anyway, because I am a little emotionally unbalanced in addition to being bored and apparently unable to kick my ats addiction.

To diagnose a personality disorder, there are 600-1500 questions (depending on your age) on a personality inventory.

So, you see there is not enough here for you to say "I have.....whatever".

But, I think it is a pretty good little test for identifying "traits" of a disorder.
For example, I scored "moderate" on paranoia and histrionic. Realistically I do not meet enough of the criteria to actually be diagnosed with one of these, but I do have "traits" of them. Which I'm sure I do.

And remember these are personality disorders only. Other things you might have won't show up here.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hmmm. I'm thinking the results from this thread should be merged with UKtoday's matchmaking thread. Save all kinds of time to pick out your true love by matching up your paranoia and histrionic ratings.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Not sure of it's accuracy but even with that in mind.... no chance I'm posting my results

cluck cluck cluck cluck...

(those would be chicken sounds blups)

edit to add a smiley

:-)

(that's got to be some kind of disorder right there)

[edit on 9/28/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
I just took the test and I scored Low on every one. I answered honestly. Does that mean I'm normal?

Same as myself except i scored a moderate : Histrionic .

You do know what that means don`t you virraszto ?

Its so obvious .....

I`ve been poisoned .

Histrionicotoxin to be precise.

A poison frog alkaloid found in the skin of this colourful character.

But enough about my problems ....

You won`t last long on ATS now that everybody knows your normal , that is quite a stigma here , better get yourself into Skunkworks , throw them off for a bit.

U2U me if there is anything i can do . Good luck !

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I wanna play and all I could get was "moderate" in the shizoid area.
I don't care, I'm usually right and none of my friends on an anonymous forum can take that away from me.

Lots of fun, how can I email this to all of my sorta crazy friends (not being judgemental), so they can see that they're not alone and I'm the closest thing to a sane person they know?
Not that I need their approval, I'm just saying...

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
You won`t last long on ATS now that everybody knows your normal , that is quite a stigma here , better get yourself into Skunkworks , throw them off for a bit.

The problem with this place is nearly everyone thinks they're crazy. I hate to disappoint them. They're so normal it's insane.

The genuine article is shunned, stigmatized and ostracized here as much as in any other element.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

The problem with this place is nearly everyone thinks they're crazy. I hate to disappoint them. They're so normal it's insane.

Is Party Pooper Pants a disorder?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

To diagnose a personality disorder, there are 600-1500 questions (depending on your age) on a personality inventory.

if you didn't have a disorder going in - seems like taking the test would create one for you - 1500 questions?

on a serious note - do you have any understanding of how they go about putting this kind of test together?

I have my doubts and all that - about diagnosing any of this - but I'm not about to dismiss all of it

I've always been interested in the questions in the Typology/Meyers Briggs tests as well

same thing - not sure how accurate they are or aren't - but it's not as if I can't see some of it, and how close they can come to identifying some specific traits in one individual - that aren't as strong in another

all based on a few questions

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
edit: posting of my table didn't work but I was "very high" and "high" in basically every single category.

damn this can't be good for me.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by rufusdrak]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by blupblup

cluck cluck cluck cluck...

(those would be chicken sounds blups)

edit to add a smiley

(that's got to be some kind of disorder right there)

I'm not even going to hint at what it was.
It could have been so low that i just don't believe it's worth mentioning or it could be so high that I've already called the asylum and they're on their way...

But na.... no happening dude.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
My results

Paranoid: Low

Schizoid: Low

Schizotypal: Moderate

Antisocial: Low

Borderline: Low

Histrionic: Low

Narcissistic: Low

Avoidant: Moderate

Dependent: Low

Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

Interesting, though I would have thought I would have got high for anti social seeing as I'm really anti social.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I don't know how they put it together, but I can tell you it's amazing. I'm referring to the MMPI, the Minnesota Multi-Phasic Personality Inventory.
I don't think the whole thing is on the net, but scoring it is the bear.
It's the most amazing instrument.

My friends and I used to give it to one another, like once a month when we were in school, and the thing is, it changes. Somebody else said that earlier, and it's true.

But essentially it's been proven to be reliable. It can even discern when you are "trying to present yourself in a favorable light", consequently maybe not being fully honest. It picks up all the syndromes, PD's; addictions; all of it. We tried to trick it. It's hard to do. So many, many questions that work together in so many ways.

I almost said "take it! It's fun". But you didn't even want to take this!

Edit to remove my last sentence. Nothing bad at all; I just decided it was inappropriate.

[edit on 9/28/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Is Party Pooper Pants a disorder?

If so, I'm going to be famous. Just watch.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
eh, the test is bunk. I got a very high on #2 Schizoid. thats ridiculous. I'm just a misanthrope so my honest answers are seen as a disorder

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I almost said "take it! It's fun".

in a way it would be fun - just to see

but - man - I get worn out half way through a test in Cosmo

I'm just fascinated by the type of mind it would take to come up with the test - you see what I mean?

I know it took more than one - but to know what to ask, how to ask it - when to ask it - and how to trip people up - devious

just plain devious

But you didn't even want to take this! I read your posts all the time. You are sooooo grounded/smart/kind/together. True. That's my Dx.

so nice of you to say - but of course you must realize - I have what ever disorder is necessary to make you believe all of that

we're all just scammin' each other all the time - probably

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'm gonna go back through the posted results and add all of the paranoids to my "friends" list at a later date.
Let them wonder.
Maybe I'll go through their profiles and posts to put in that 'extra touch'.
And tell them I'm from HAARP.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
but - man - I get worn out half way through a test in Cosmo

I'm just fascinated by the type of mind it would take to come up with the test - you see what I mean?

The kind that wants you to buy more issues of the magazine and take more of their tests?

You know your sheperd when he calls.

Always Coca-Cola. Always on my mind. Crisp and refreshing, with a hint of cola nut. Look under the cap. Find the code. You may have already won. See store for details. Offer void in Antarctica. Hurry to be a part of this limited time offer.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

When these type things are done....usually...like writing the DSM's, it is done by a committe of very esteemed psychiatrists. I've met some of them at conferences and the like. Generally very brilliant Harvard types.

I want to know too. I will look it up. I'm thinking it developed over time, kind of thing.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

The kind that wants you to buy more issues of the magazine and take more of their tests?

You know your sheperd when he calls.

Always Coca-Cola. Always on my mind. Crisp and refreshing, with a hint of cola nut. Look under the cap. Find the code. You may have already won. See store for details. Offer void in Antarctica. Hurry to be a part of this limited time offer.

you know - you're not wrong there :-)

when I said devious - not necessarily funny

that's why I was curious about who puts them together - marketing is psychology - it really is that simple

the people who get how we think make me nervous

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I want to know too. I will look it up. I'm thinking it developed over time, kind of thing.

well - sounds like it's your line of work - you'd know where to start

wonder how often and how much a culture changes and how often they update/tweak it to keep it useful

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join