It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireballs in the woods

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Nice to hear that someone is aware of the Perseid and Leonid meteor showers

Since you say it passed in front of trees, then you are quite correct in saying that it was not a meteor.

In that case, is there any reason it could not have been a flare or firework?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

tital of this thread reminds me of fire in the sky movie.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Nice to hear that someone is aware of the Perseid and Leonid meteor showers

Since you say it passed in front of trees, then you are quite correct in saying that it was not a meteor.

In that case, is there any reason it could not have been a flare or firework?

No chance of that. I've seen flares and this was nothing like that. This was about the most desolate (but beautiful!) areas of Colorado, no one around for many miles. That's why I was driving with my window down, the air was so clean although very cold. I was the only car on that road for probably 40-50 miles, winding throught the mountains.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB
no one around for many miles. That's why I was driving with my window down, the air was so clean although very cold. I was the only car on that road for probably 40-50 miles, winding throught the mountains.

Can you say that for sure though?

How about it being a tracer round? They often appear to be orange in color in my experience, and you may not have heard a shot if the firearm was using a silencer.

More details would be helpful, like how long was the "fireball" visible for, and what kind of a trajectory did it follow?

Also, where (how high was it) in the sky, if indeed it was above the horizon for any length of time? Were color/brightness constant?

[edit on 3-10-2009 by C.H.U.D.]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join