It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think other human civilizations exist in the universe?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
And that humans on Earth are not the only humans in this universe?

or

Do you think that Earth humans are the only humans in this universe with all other aliens looking nothing like humans at all?

Why or why not?
Thanks.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Other civilizations? Yes. Other human civilizations , I hope not. One human civilization in the universe is more than enough if you ask me. I am human but when I see what my species is doing to each other on this planet it some times makes me ashamed to be human. What have we become?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Of course, and better than earth humans. Because earthlings are outcast.
It's a chinese myth I think.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I bloody well hope there are. It seems we can't get ourselves into any kind of order to sort this planet out.. we need someone to come down and help out the people.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
Other human civilizations , I hope not.

The other human civilizations could be nothing like us in terms of spirituality, society, education and technology at least. They are way more advanced in everything than us but I will not say all. Some still are probably in the Stone Age.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
the idea of there NOT being other intelligent life in our universe is irrational and illogical. the thinking now should be how many and at what proximity.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobzilla
we need someone to come down and help out the people.

The Pleiadians

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
its entirely possible that another earth is out there with another human civilization on it. i think not exactly like us because chances are they wont be but damn close i think.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

Well, if there were other planets out there that underwent a similar evolution to ours, and dinosaurs (reptiles) emerged as the dominant species, then it would be logical to assume that, unless they experienced a similar catastrophe, then their dominant species would be reptilian.

I've often wondered how society on Earth would look had the meteor NOT struck and wiped out the dinosaurs.

Would man still have emerged as the dominant species? Possibly not.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I say the rest of the galaxy's on par with Star Wars/ Star Trek: All sorts of different species, human and otherwise.

Meanwhile, here on Planet Kentucky- whoops- I mean Earth... We cant get along just because some have more green paper with numbers on it than others, some are different colors, Some worship this guy, some worship that, the people we have governing us are complete and utter corrupt SOBs... Want me to continue? It'll become a 10 page epic from this point.

And ya wonder why no one's landed and made official contact? Who'd WANT to?! Aliens have probably come here, taken one good look, pulled out their communicator and said, thusly: "Beam me up. There's no intelligent life here."

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Oh yeah, it's also in the bible, too. Book of genesis, made in the image of god, also there is more than one god. Book of revelation, humans will be harvested.

There could be more than one earth. With similar climate, similar distance to its sun and similar moon.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
I say the rest of the galaxy's on par with Star Wars/ Star Trek: All sorts of different species, human and otherwise.

Meanwhile, here on Planet Kentucky- whoops- I mean Earth... We cant get along just because some have more green paper with numbers on it than others, some are different colors, Some worship this guy, some worship that, the people we have governing us are complete and utter corrupt SOBs... Want me to continue? It'll become a 10 page epic from this point.

And ya wonder why no one's landed and made official contact? Who'd WANT to?! Aliens have probably come here, taken one good look, pulled out their communicator and said, thusly: "Beam me up. There's no intelligent life here."

Good post, lots of truth involved.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by eonpeon

we may be the dominant species now but we haven't always been and we won't always be. humans have only been on this planet a few million years while dinasaurs lived for hundreds of millions. its possible that if we went to another earthlike planet it may have humans, but the chances would be small. i think it would probly be inhabitted by lizards, fish, microbes or something else. but if we did find humans it would awesome because they could be hominids or they could be some advanced civilization that is peaceful

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The human species is of it's own a unique design, the chances of there being a race out there that is close to being identical to us, would be close to nil.

The human race is simply a freak of the Universe and of creation.

I am by no means discounting the possibility of other races out there, to do so, would be sheer arrogance. But, to say that they would be at all like us, then that would be egotistical and self-indulgent.

As the bible people will say in regard to creation, we are created in the image of God, but as an evolutionist, I tend to see things a bit differently.

We have evolved into the beings that we are, due to the environment that we have evolved in, apply that to other possible 'earth like' planets and you should find, that beings on these planets would have characteristics and physical mechanisms purely designed from exposure of the particular environment that they have been subject to over generations.

Pro Tip: I am not getting into a religious theological discussion as to my opinion, so please direct comments of that nature to the purpose built sub forum designed for you.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
As far as astronomers have been able to tell, the Universe is spatially infinite. It is unbounded, and it does not loop back around on itself. However, there is a fixed number of arrangements of matter and energy for any given volume of space. What this means logically is that if you traveled a great enough distance (and we're probably talking trillions of light years or more; I wouldn't even know how to make an educated guess at the distance required) you would eventually come upon a planet identical to Earth in all respects, even including a copy of you who has lived the same life. But if distances involved are so great, and the speed of light is the limit, such a planet would be far beyond our ability to travel. Since the universe is truly infinite though, there must actually be an infinite number of copies and slight variants of Earth out there. By the same token if time is infinite, an identical chain of events will create another Earth at some time inconceivably far in the future. And of course if there are parallel universes (and signs point to yes) then such copies of Earth are in fact Here and Now, simply separated by a minute distance in a fifth dimension.

So yes, by my estimation. There are other Earths and other human civilizations out there... well outside our light cone. We will never meet them, but logic dictates that they're there.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Found this on Youtube:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
There are DEFINITELY other intelligient species in the universe. It seems impossible to me how an endless realm of space can only contain ONE intelligient species. Whether they look and/or think like humans, i really can't say, i don't think any of us can.......

good topic though

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Yes, I believe in the likelihood that there are other intelligent life and probably other intelligent human life in the universe. IMHO, it would be massively self-centered to believe "we" [on Earth] are the only one's.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
Other civilizations? Yes. Other human civilizations , I hope not. One human civilization in the universe is more than enough if you ask me. I am human but when I see what my species is doing to each other on this planet it some times makes me ashamed to be human. What have we become?

Agreed fixer1967.

The proof of the existence of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is twofold.

It can't be homo sapien because it hasn't contacted us directly or tried to eliminate us.

Yet.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I believe there are probably humans from other worlds that were probably created as a slave race just like us. By the same powers that be that might have control of the universe. or maybe i'm just trippin balls

top topics

<<   2 >>

join