It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwan news report, UFO sighting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I was sent this video in email today. I'm in the process of trying to have it translated If anyone can help that would be great. I did think flares and lanterns for a moment but it doesn't explain the re appearence in the first sequence.

Sorry about the link trouble!!

[edit on 27-9-2009 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Can you post the video? I didn't see it in your Original Post. Thanks....

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by talisman

Sorry link is up. Working from itouch for first time, accidentally posted.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
wow - no comments? resident believers? resident skeptics? anyone?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Subtitle translation before the video was shown: "lets look at this unknown object from our vcr footage" and I'll try to translate what they are saying during the video. There were a lot of people talking at once so I decided to translate with what I am hearing, must be like over 6 people trying to talk at once.

Translation:

- guy - It's seems like the news has reported this before, like the one from Tainan. (talking about the same thing seen in Tainan I guess from before)

- guy - Don't be worry (girl was saying she's getting scared, guy said don't be worry)

- guy - Did it fly away

- guy - Yes it disappeared and it came back. It disappeared and reappeared and turned and change direction and is now like this (I guess it was hovering and disappeared and reappeared with the current position in the video)

- girl - Is this something the Air Force is conducting a exercise

- guy - The Air Force does not have anything like that

- girl - Must be some kind of pagoda next to it or something

- guy - Guan Zi Ling is next to it and talked about it like a tourist guide telling tourist about the building

- girl - oh it disappeared

- guy - it'll reappear

- girl - it went behind the clouds huh

- guy - it went into another space (many translation on the word they use, and I decided to use space because it's the most direct translation of that word)

- my own tidbit - (i guess they were at a meeting or something because on of the guys said well since we're seeing this, you just have to be happy; like when you're at a boring meeting and something exciting happens)

- girl - lets watch it first then talk about it, it's getting loud

This is a very loose translation (people who speak chinese should know how translation from chinese to english = garble unless you know what they are saying.) The girls and guys were asking questions about it and I guess one of the guy saw this before or heard about it before and was bringing up information about it. Basically what people that see a UFO will talk about when they see them.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by johnwayne]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by johnwayne

if there was a way to give you 10 stars i would! Thank you so much!!! In your opinion, do these people sound sincere? Do you believe these to be legit reactions from the people actually witnessing this?? I know thats a tough thing to ask of you. Thanks for your time and effort, that deserves applause.
:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
From what I can tell yes. The girls/guys were *freaking out asking questions* while the main guy answering them them *sound like somone on ATS who believe and research UFOs* was doing a pretty good job. The laughing and talking in the background is because they were at a meeting and saw this. The people in the back were talking about the objects and were sounding giggly (like when someone that doesn't believe in UFO sees one.)

[edit on 27-9-2009 by johnwayne]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Very cool. Thanks a lot

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
i cannot believe this isnt getting any attention! hello?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hey, I live 40km south of Tainan in Kaohsiung, the second biggest city in Taiwan. I didn't know that Taiwan could even be found by UFOs. Ah well, the footage proves it. I've only been here since 2006 though with my Taiwanese wife. I'm European myself. Great footage. Excellent thread, Star and flag! And thanks for the translation! Can't believe something like this actually happened here? What else could it be but UFOs? Military?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Ziggyproductions05 -good post

Heres a thread from many moons ago where one member thinks the object may be a rocket booster (I tend to disagree though).
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Cheers.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

hey thanks for stopping by Karl, I was actually just visting one of your threads! Thank you for the link, I didnt see that you posted this, Im sorry, I only saw one other post from over a year ago and only 6 replies. it seems people arent giving this incredible footage time of day! Even with a translation on it now!

[edit on 29-9-2009 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
great video

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Intresting but in my opinion no UFO here.

The group of light sources (most likely flares of some sort) slowly descends and they dissapear (go out or burn out) one after another. The same with the second group. also note that the second group also appears one after another and not all at the same time. (most likely being dropped by a aircraft)

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Maestro28

Well, I disagree here. There is no smoke, they descend out of view in a line after they were all bunched up, and from where they appear in certain points they dont just drop in, they come from the side. I think flares is a great concept for what it could be, i dont think they drop flares that closely together, most of the time, this could be some rare test or experiment. Its also hard to judge what the surrounding area is like, but would they drop flares like that close to a building? If the flares kept coming, wouldnt they notice a plane or other aircraft after 5 drops? From what was translated and how they sounded, it seemed like they were witnessing something pretty odd. But hey you could be completely right, these are just things that crossed my mind.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
S & F
Giving it a small bump.

Interesting video. Can't tell what they were so they are real Unidentified Flying Objects.

UFO

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Ball Lightning perhaps? a shame the video was taken in 1990 and most likely any other witnesses would be almost impossible to track down. The Weather I'd say would mean that had they been flares they'd have drifted quite quickly which isnt evidential here, the fact theres a rain-core to the right of the frame suggests perhaps this Cell was once Electrified or was in the process of being so. Ive personally witnessed Ball Lightning myself from a Decaying Electrified Cell, and purely from that experience i'd go along with the notion that thats what were seeing.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Well about the smoke, not all flares leave a gigantic smoke trail. Also factor in possible winds, and range form the place they film to the place the event takes place.

perhaps something like this only bigger and not one but many
www.youtube.com...

And yes there is always the option that it's something not of this world.

[edit on 30/9/2009 by Maestro28]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I cant get the video to work
ok got it looks like a kite nothing more see this before

[edit on 30-9-2009 by explore]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by explore

A kite ?

Thats an absolute classic.

top topics