It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby chicks being ground alive and de-beaked

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
****Warning***** This video may disturb some viewers as it contains a graphic view of the treatment of baby chickens at a hatchery please do not watch if you are are offended by material such as this. An undercover video reveals the harsh treatment of these animals in the hatchery, asembly line death and as quoted by the video is an industry "standard" So cruel.www.iamboredr.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Dear god surely they dont have to be so cruel!

Why dont they just release them back into the wild or something.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
That is absolutely disgusting!
Some people are beyond evil!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
That made me feel sick.
I would love to get work there and sabotage some machinery.

[edit on 26/9/2009 by SvenTheBerserK]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I know times are hard,but what kind of person in their right mind,could possibly work in a place like that!

I just wonder what all those ground up chicks are eventually used for?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Humans are such a-holes...

One day , some ET's are going to come and do the same to us...
(Sarcasm ofcourse..)

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This is where all the fast food and cheap meat start out... All your McNuggets, etc etc etc all come from these chicks who get intensively reared and grown in cramped conditions..

It's just abominable to see so many lives destroyed so carelessly....

Is nothing sacred anymore?

This is consumer demand and the almighty dollar at work here...

I've seen these sort of videos before and get depressed each time.
I'm so depressed now..

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
img.stern.de...

It gets what it wants, no matter how cruel!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
WTF...this is not illegal?????? That is the most f*cked up thing I have ever seen, its like what the Japs do with the dolphins. What do they use these chicks for?? because whatever they use it for I am not eating that anymore...and also HOW COULD THESE PEOPLE WORK THERE, you have to have a sick mind to work there, if I were them I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by SonsOfAnarchy]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I fell off my chair laughing then!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I did not watch the video.

What are they using these ground up baby chickens for? Do we know for sure that they are being used for "fast food" as someone before me said? It seems to me that it would be way more efficient to let them grow into adulthood before "harvesting" them for chicken Mcnuggets. So, what are they being used for?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I can't bring myself to watching this video.. I don't want that imagery tainting my mind.

But I do have to say that this is absolutely inhumane! How could someone do this and have no remorse??

Cold, heartless people..

- Mea

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Veritas Lux Mea]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This is what happens as people stop producing for themselves and all move into urban centers where they consume until they die.

It doesnt help any that rich yuppies who buy their 3rd 4th and 5th homes out in the rural parts get offended at the sound and smell of farming so they push with their money and influence to kill the family farm or the personal coup through ridiculous legislation and taxation (read: "Everything I Want to do is Illegal") and fed gov is walking hand in hand with huge agri-conglomerates.

Too many people have refused the rural life and become city slaves and from that we get corruption, incompetence and dependence and a whole lot of wasted resources and needless suffering from our livestock animals.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Big juicy STAR to you dude..

All I can say is amen to that!

Do you produce what you are able to? We do, and it feels awesome!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by purehughness

What I am able to is not what I used to be able to. Things like reassessed property values raping me tax wise forcing me into a 9-5 to pay the extortion and new neighbors making new complaints forcing me to spend free time in legal land just to keep doing what I've always done.

I've been reduced from family farm to suburban vegetable patch.

Which is how TPTB want it. I'd sooner torch it all and salt the soil with blood from my own slit throat before being forced into some urban dependent drywall cell.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
If you don't agree with this, stop eating chicken. It's as simple as that. You cannot say you are horrified and sickened by this and not do something about it.

This is life, it may not be nice and humane, but it's how our society works. If you feel passionate enough to do something to help these wee chickens then boycott chicken. Don't eat it at all and don't buy eggs.

Or don't, but know deep down that you can't act horrified by it because you're part of the machine.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Well said dude.

So you used to have a farm? But forced out by drones... Harsh. Man, I feel for you.

We only have a small suburban patch, it's not much, but it's incredibly productive. We can get nearly all of our veg off it, and a lot of fruit too.

Strangely, some neighbours think we're weird for doing that... they haven't a goddamn clue.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby chick pattae, my favourite!

I really wouldnt worry about it, compared to what you guys will be doing in the near future, like eating your neighbours, or spit roasting the cat..

Its amazing what you'll eat, when you've gone 4 days without.

A ground up baby chick is the least of your worrys.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanzibar

Great point.

It's not just the chicks. You should see how they process adult chickens. My Xwife used to work at a Coke-Cola manufacturing location in Los Angeles and right across the street was a poultry processing location. Right there in plain site was the hanging conveyor belt.

They would grab the chickens and hook their feet hanging them upside down and they would be taken to a machine that would pull not cut but pull their heads off.

After seeing that it took me a long time before I ate chicken again like 5 hours or so.

BBQ Anybody?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ok, since the OP didn't want to do their homework and find out why this video was put out there and why they were doing this to the baby chicks, I did. I did this so this thread would not be just a voyeur thread for those who love to express outrage and then go on with their lives but I doubt it will change anything.

This article on a blog tells us more but I do not agree with the article:

Ground Up Baby Chickens – Is It Your Fault?

Undercover video was shot by Mercy for Animals showing how male baby chicks are ground up alive as a means of quick disposal of the unwanted chicks. Since male chickens produce no eggs and hatchery’s do not raise chickens for slaughter due to the length of time it takes to fatten them up, what else can they do but grind them to shreds alive.

What I do not agree with is accepting that this is my fault for eating eggs. I WILL NOT take responsibility for the actions of producers of my food. AND, I will continue to eat eggs, even though I find the tactics of this producer of eggs disgusting and twisted.

As an egg eater, this is not my fault. I am sick and tired of people trying to tell me that things that are out of my direct control are my fault. Our president even apologizes to the world for me, without my permission, even though I am one person who is trying to live my life righteously, minding my own business. It is a deflection is where the blame should fall - on the perpetrators.

That said, this producer should certainly be shut down for the tactics that they have chosen to employ.

Rant over... go back to your life...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join