It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran allegedly already has nuclear warheads

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Exiled Iranians name sites of alleged nuclear bomb research

Iran is currently conducting research and development on nuclear weapons, an exiled opposition group claimed Friday in Paris - identifying two locations near Tehran where such work is allegedly taking place.

"This site and centre are the locations for research and production of the explosion system of an atomic bomb, which is one of the most important aspects of the mullahs' nuclear weapons project," Mehdi Abrishamchi, an official of the National Council of Resistance
of Iran (NCRI) said, referring to Iran's clerical leaders.

In contrast, U.S. intelligence agencies have concluded that the
Islamic state probably ended weapons-related work in 2003.

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has received intelligence information indicating that such research could have been conducted in the past, but has not drawn a final conclusion to confirm this.

The ongoing efforts were being conducted by an entity called Research Centre for Explosion and Impact (MEFTAZ), affiliated with the Defense Ministry and housed in an unmarked building in Tehran, Abrishamchi said at a press conference.

Among other tasks, that centre was working on computer simulations, he said.

The Paris-based NCRI also alleged that there was a second site near Sanjarian village for building technical components and testing high explosives.

In nuclear weapons, high explosives are placed around a core of nuclear material and triggered simultaneously in order to implode the core and cause a nuclear chain reaction.

Iranian officials have told the IAEA that they experimented with
simultaneous detonators in the past, but said the work was done for
civilian rather than military use.

A diplomat close to the Vienna-based agency said its inspectors
had not found anything suggesting ongoing Iranian efforts in that
field.

Tehran's leaders say they have no interest in nuclear energy except for electricity generation and other peaceful uses.

The Paris-based NCRI made its allegations one week before Britain, China, France, Germany, Russia and the United States are scheduled to hold talks with Iran in Geneva, where the world powers expect a serious response to their concerns over Iran's nuclear program.

The NCRI is considered the political wing of the People's Mujahedin of Iran, a group that seeks to overthrow Iran's clerical regime.

In 2002 the NCRI played an important role in revealing Iran's nuclear program, which Tehran had kept secret from IAEA inspectors. Later claims regarding Iran's nuclear activities failed to be equally substantial.

Abrishamchi said the information was collected by dozens of sources of the Muhajedin in Iran.

Report: Ahmadinejad offers U.S. access to Iran's nuclear scientists

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has offered the United States and other Western powers access to scientists working in Iran's nuclear program, according to a report by the Washington Post on Thursday.

The offer - a confidence-building measure - was broached by Ahmadinejad while speaking with Post editors at the United Nations on Wednesday.

He added that Iran would seek to buy enriched uranium from the United States to use for medical purposes. A rejection, he was cited as saying, would only prove that Iran needed to enrich its own uranium.

"It is a humanitarian issue," Ahmadinejad said. "I think this is a very solid proposal which gives a good opportunity for a start" to build trust between Tehran and Washington.

In a separate report from the Washington Times, former U.S. weapons inspector David Albright confirmed that the U.S. had provided Iran a medical reactor near Tehran prior to the Islamic revolution. He said that Iran for years has been unable to obtain uranium for this medical reactor.

How many other facilities besides the one under the mountain recently revealed and these warhead facilities that are now alleged. The opposition group that allegeds these warhead facilities have a track record of providing information on facilities that the west are currently unaware of, and it makes me wonder just how many other unknown facilities they have!

Consider the ramifications should the Iranian mullahs have several nuclear warheads that can be fired on rockets.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think you should change the title of the thread.

It's inaccurate.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Exiles Accuse Iran of Working On Detonators

PARIS, Sept. 24 -- An Iranian exile group said Thursday that it has identified two previously unknown sites in and near Tehran where it says Iranian scientists are researching and trying to manufacture detonators for nuclear weapons.

Abrishamchi said the two sites house programs designed to research and produce high-explosive detonators for atomic bombs.

The information came from "dozens of sources at different levels of the Iranian regime's various organs" and was cross-checked with dozens more, he said in a statement.

Abrishamchi, a senior member of the National Council of Resistance of Iran, an MEK-run umbrella group, said the two sites were part of a complex known as METFAZ -- the Farsi acronym for Research Center for Explosion and Impact -- that apparently has been in operation for several years under the command of the Defense Ministry.

The first site, a research and administrative facility in eastern Tehran, was bought by the Defense Ministry under the name of Massoud Sadighi Divani, a senior ministry official, Abrishamchi said. Inside, scientists carry out computer simulations and other experiments to reach an effective design for high-explosive impact and penetration devices that could serve to detonate a nuclear weapon, he said.

The second site, about 20 miles to the east, is used to manufacture parts needed to construct the detonators, he said. Lying within a military zone with restricted access, it is surrounded by high concrete walls and includes tunnels dug into a nearby hill, he added.

Abrishamchi said the two sites basically continue work that was being done at Shian, a facility that was razed by Iranian authorities after being denounced by the MEK in 2003. He called on the International Atomic Energy Agency to try to inspect the sites as quickly as possible.

(More sources for this....)

Hidden facilities with tunnels leading underground possibly to store the constructed nuclear warheads.

Other underground facilities for uranium enrichment to weapons grade were unearthed by the west earlier today as well.

More discoveries of facilities still to come?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

OK, changed to allegedly. I wouldn't be surprised if they already have warheads, there's even 2008 reports that link to these rumours:
www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

It seems they have been working on this project for some time. This opposition group has been accurate in the past with intelligence, and this appears to be an update on info this group gave the UN back in Feb 08'. This time outlining what these facilities are allegedly producing.

I'm sure Iran has many other hidden facilities, after the most recent announcement by Obama today, and these rumoured warhead facilities. It's now plausible that Iran has a real nuclear deterrent.

With all these potentially and proven hidden facilities, it means all intelligence reports we have previously relied upon are now not accurate possibly to the extent that they may already have technology that we wouldn't expect them to have for many years.

I hope this is wrong, but I have a feeling they already have nuclear warheads. We'll see soon enough anyway when sanctions corner this collapsing regime even further, and if they're willing to use them.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Well after the Iraq debacle i am reluctant to believe any intelligence reports.

This is all very much similar to the build up to the Iraq War.

Yet many people seem to have forgotten.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Sure, but Iran has been possibly working on these for a long time, so it makes sense that they've got further than previously thought. Everyone is entitled their own opinion - if they think it's propaganda then fine because I hope it is.

Israel has been claiming since the 90's that Iran has been trying to aquire a nuke. Some have the opinion that their enrichment programme underground has been going on since the 70's in secret. Who know's anymore what true.

When Obama, Sarkozy and Brown came out to speak today at the UN about the underground enrichment facility that can produce uranium enrichment at weapons grade level, the serious atmosphere seemed to imply there were more hidden facilities they'd unearthed and not yet revealed. I wonder if these are a few of them.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
So it is the actual forum poster that is alledging that Iran has nuclear capable warheads?

I cant find any reference in the post to anyone saying that Iran has nuclear capable warheads, let alone as a result of having a second reactor.

Is this a deliberate misrepresentation poster?

The UN, UK and USA have known about the second reactor for months and months already, but for reasons unknown have chosen not to play this card in the public domain as yet.

Thanks

Bravo

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bravo111

These are different facilities to the second enrichment facilities that are in the MSM. Warhead facilities are alleged to exist in different facilities. Therefore allegedly Iran already has nuclear warheads, as it's logical to assume since the regime can hide these facilities, that more may also exist.

(source a few posts above)

PARIS, Sept. 24 -- An Iranian exile group said Thursday that it has identified two previously unknown sites in and near Tehran where it says Iranian scientists are researching and trying to manufacture detonators for nuclear weapons.

Abrishamchi said the two sites house programs designed to research and produce high-explosive detonators for atomic bombs.

The information came from "dozens of sources at different levels of the Iranian regime's various organs" and was cross-checked with dozens more, he said in a statement.

Abrishamchi, a senior member of the National Council of Resistance of Iran, an MEK-run umbrella group, said the two sites were part of a complex known as METFAZ -- the Farsi acronym for Research Center for Explosion and Impact -- that apparently has been in operation for several years under the command of the Defense Ministry.

The first site, a research and administrative facility in eastern Tehran, was bought by the Defense Ministry under the name of Massoud Sadighi Divani, a senior ministry official, Abrishamchi said. Inside, scientists carry out computer simulations and other experiments to reach an effective design for high-explosive impact and penetration devices that could serve to detonate a nuclear weapon, he said.

The second site, about 20 miles to the east, is used to manufacture parts needed to construct the detonators, he said. Lying within a military zone with restricted access, it is surrounded by high concrete walls and includes tunnels dug into a nearby hill, he added.

Abrishamchi said the two sites basically continue work that was being done at Shian, a facility that was razed by Iranian authorities after being denounced by the MEK in 2003. He called on the International Atomic Energy Agency to try to inspect the sites as quickly as possible.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

O please spare me all the justification for invading Iran. Iran has been marked for invasion and that is all there is to it. What Iran has or does not have never was the real issue.

During this calm before the storm, it might be a good time to ponder, who is next? Who is the next country on Israel's list are we to take out? Will it be Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, ?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Impossible, if Iran had nukes then Israel would have been flattened by now.

/end propaganda.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by useless eaters

I didn't say anything about invasion. I'm suggesting Iran may have nuclear warhead capabilities.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mc1km

Maybe they only want them for a deterrent.....

.... or they are waiting for the right time.

A desperate regime may have to decide the time is right before using them in a MAD against Israel.

It's difficult to get into the mind of people who are psychopaths and treat their own people in oppressive ways.

It's allegedly, so not exactly proven, therefore any opinion is valid.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

With respect that is a different article.

The article you refer to is about claims made by an Iranian exile group - uou may recall that Iraq exile groups were also trotted out to spout BS as a pretext to the Iraq war, ditto Afghanistan.

Exiled groups are purely a vehicle for the BS - they cannot be trusted due to their conflicts of interest.

Anyway i dont want to detract from the main thread here, and am only keen to see past the smoke and mirrors of demonization and misrepresentation and determine what is fact.

IRAN has announced a second nuclear facility that the UN, USA and UK have been aware about for months but have kept quiet about - lets see how this plays out on the world stage.

Did Iran get wind of some satellites recon being readied for CNN that actually shown the nuclear reactor mountain and surrounding facilities? The type which shows with a Big Red Arrow - Nuclear Warhead Here!!!

Thanks

Bravo

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bravo111

Of course, we'll found out whether these are real soon enough.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by useless eaters

I didn't say anything about invasion. I'm suggesting Iran may have nuclear warhead capabilities.

Iran could have "capabilities" up the old wazoo, BUT...

until Iran successfully detonates a "home-grown" nuclear device, she poses no (nuclear) threat to anyone.

Even if the designs for a nuclear weapon Iran might use have, themselves, proven reliable; there is no way for Iran to be certain of its ability to correctly assemble the components depicted in those plans to produce a working device unless a sample device is test fired.

And Iran knows that the day they test fire a nuclear device will be the last day of their nuclear program, and possibly, of Iran's existence.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

The regime are in their last days because of their domestic problems, so we'll find out soon enough what capabilities they have, and how desperate they become.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Lets ask ourselves something here, yes? First, doesn't all this sound a bit familiar? I mean haven't we been trying to get ourselves free of the mess that our leadership threw us into over in Iraq?? We just got through that! In fact, thats not even accurate, we aren't even extricated from that mess and we are already starting to posture in the same fashion as before?....I say regardless of the facts proven and yet to be proven we should let the rest of the global community handle this one.

The rest of the world can make due without good old American bully tactics.As far as I'm concerned I think the concept is old enough that we should all know better when on the nightly news thats the top story....pump up civil awareness of unconfirmed allegations and ask for war money from a government that is having trouble keeping it allocated for necessities in the first place....No moral/ethical/or obligatory justifications short of an invasion on our territories is worth our boys and girls and more of our damn printed up like its christmas fiat money....PERIOD!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Yeah right.

An "exiled" group. Uh huh. And what do you suppose an "exiled" group would be likely to claim to gain support from the outside, knowing just how bad certain money-grubbing and anti-Iranian Israeli and US interests would like nothing more than to bomb Tehran into oblivion?

That Iran is covertly testing nuclear weapons.

Now I don't know about you all, but I am going with what is known and can be proven by the people doing the inspections, among others. And what can be proven? A whole lotta nothing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That link is only for those that want to hear from people who know what they are talking about. And not for those that would rather believe the propagandist war machine that is making up stories now since they can't prove jack doo doo. Bah. Sick really.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Yeah, this is all sounding like the irrefutable evidence of the secret nuclear weapons research labs under the Iraqi Osirak site, that Israel bombed, cheered on by the west. Only problem was, after we invaded we found there was no uderground lab at the site. The Israelis and US had once again either made it up of at best used unproven intel.

So no we have the exact same scenario with the next enemy in the crosshairs and they are using the same playbook to build up justification for military action.
In regards to this new site, it's hardly a secret base- as the MSM keep calling it - if the Iranians told the IAEA where it is. As I also understand things, under the NNPT rules, any new facility to be used for enrichment must be notified to the IAEA 6 months before it goes on line. The new Iranian enrichment facility is an estimated 12-18 months from production starting, so again, hardly the threat it's being made out to be.

The funniest part though is the US saying it already knew about the facility. With all the hostile intent of the US and Israel, I'm sure if they did know about this place they'd have been chanting it from the rooftops ages ago as another intelligence coup and reason for sanctions or bombing.
I guess the US and Israeli intel guys really got egg on their faces ths time! and are trying to save face.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Hmm, the base was kept secret from the IAEA until 3 days ago. Ahmadi talks nonsense over and over again. And this is not Iraq anyway.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join