It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney turns red: dust storm blankets city

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Typical Eastern Staters, hogging all the fun..

Don't leave any for us Westerners will ya !!

I remember a few years back the sky reddened here for about half an hour, I still don't know what it was, but it looked so similar. Obviously it wasn't the same since it wasn't on the news and was not prolonged, but it was weird. I think it might have been fire smoke, but with idiots lighting fires every five minutes I forget if it was during a spate of fires or not...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The good thing about this thread, is Ive seen alot of peeps I didnt realise were fellow Aussies ."KKKKOOOWWWEEEEEEEE"

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Back in mid winter (N Hemisphere) you guys down there were suffering through horrible fires. Now, in your spring, you've got this dust storm of the century.
The deserts are blowing into the cities.

What's up with all that? It looks to me like a desertification is taking place. Can any of you confirm that?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Well Im not from Parramatta but very close

All I can say is, it's a strange date for this to happen

Hopi prophecy:

We will receive many warnings allowing us to change our ways from below the Earth as well as above. Then one morning in a moment. We will awaken to the Red Dawn. The sky will be the color of blood, many things will then begin to happen that right now we are nor sure of their exact nature.

For any followers on timewave, this is a pivotal date

Apparently Europe witnessed similar days before ww2 was declared, it was also mentioned in the Fatima appirations

Well this is a conspiracy forum

[edit on 23-9-2009 by JRSB]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
The good thing about this thread, is Ive seen alot of peeps I didnt realise were fellow Aussies ."KKKKOOOWWWEEEEEEEE"

Yes, I'm pleasantly surprised at the numbers, too

Aussie, aussie, aussie ... oy, oy, oy !!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
Back in mid winter (N Hemisphere) you guys down there were suffering through horrible fires. Now, in your spring, you've got this dust storm of the century.
The deserts are blowing into the cities.

What's up with all that? It looks to me like a desertification is taking place. Can any of you confirm that?

How do you mean?

If you mean are habitable parts of our country turning to desert- no it's just a hell dust storm

edit to add- but that being said, it's not something I've seen before- well not on this scale.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by lifecitizen]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

A DUST storm that smothered NSW and southern Queensland pushed air pollution levels to 1,500 times their normal levels - the highest on record.

He said initial estimates showed the dust plume stretched 600km along the NSW coast from Sydney to the Queensland border this morning, dumping up to 75,000 tonnes of dust per hour into the Tasman Sea.

"It's travelled about 1500km to get to Sydney," Dr Leys said.

A normal day would see around 10 micrograms of particles per cubic metre of air and a bushfire might generate 500 micrograms.

Levels today soared to 15,400 micrograms per cubic metre of air at one location.

www.news.com.au...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
How come my htread didnt get this many flags

I actually said this would happen yesterday as I got the weather prior to Sydney. I started this thread yesterdaqy afternoon

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LordGoofus

All it takes is a good dust-storm-from-hell of prophetic proportions to make us Aussie ATSers get to know eachother

So the sunspots are very interesting.

I am a stern believer that the sun's sunspot activity near dictates what happens on Earth's surface. SO was curious if the big fireball in the sky had stirred into action prior to these occurances.

Thanks for the info Evasius!

As far as Hopi Prophecy goes. Well the sun was a shade of blue this morning. Blue Star Kachina?? Bringer of the 5th world.... Interesting at the very least.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

hahah don't worry Oz - i flagged both threads. Had give my props to your thread too

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JRSB

In regards to the sun and the Hopi Prophecy, here's something i posted in a diff thread earlier.....

The haze and light filtering caused the sun to turn a shade of blue!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0dfa04dfbe50.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9fc1b59816b4.jpg[/atsimg]

Fits with the Hopi Indian "Blue Kachina" prophecy.

A previous thread with some info... (dont want to derail this thread)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I've seen dust down in Melbourne before during the last few years, but nothing as thick as this. In 1983, Melbourne had something similar, however, but I cannot remember that due to various circumstances. Closest thing I can remember are smoke from bushfires, which envelope everything.

en.wikipedia.org...

Right now it's windy (as usual), and relatively cloudy (as usual) in Melbourne.

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

Ozweatherman lives way up north in Darwin (practically that other side of the country to Sydney hehe). I would love to hear his take on this when he get's a chance - I can imagine the meteorological agencies would be going banana's at the moment!

OZ lives in Woomera, is north west of Adelaide.

Here's the thread: Earth Quake In Melbourne Australia

And here's an article about the quakes: Twin tremors rattle suburbs south east of Melbourne

Damn, never felt it despite being extremely close to the epicenter.

[edit on 23/9/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Well I'm glad one of my first posts can be in a thread with so many fellow Aussies.
Just went out then and everything is filthy. How much water do you think we'll all use washing the cars on the weekend?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I took the day off today. Thanks Mr. Duststorm.

I was sure that when I woke up this morning that I was witnessing Martian Dust Chemtrailing in overdrive.

Amazing scenes this morning.
Winds are now blowing a gail where I am in Sydney. Bizarre weather.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

Am waiting for the car wash industry (i'm sure one exists haha) to make dust storms an annual occurrence. I'm sure their sales will be through the roof this weekend!

[edit on 23-9-2009 by srsen]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Stay safe Sydney-siders! Hope the gale force winds don't eventuate! You guys have been through enough today!

IRM (Melbournian)

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The photographs are eerie.

I cannot help but wonder if this is a direct result of the latest space plunder.

The mission is called C.A.R.E......Charged Areosol Release Experiment...."experiment" being the operative word here.

Aerosols are minute particles suspended in the atmosphere. They can reduce visibility causing haze and they also cause red sunrises and red sunsets.

Aerosols also interact with the earth's radiation and climate.

They can also cause damage to the ozone as they cause chemical reactions to take place.

The speculation as to what the outcome of this "experiment" will be, and what nortorious side effects could be encountered because of it, and how this knowledge might eventually be used...or as usual, be turned against humanity, makes for even more conspiracy threads!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I have roller shutters on all my windows so i usually leave the windows open in the warm weather.
When i woke up this morning and went OMG i ran around and closed all the windows and got ready and went to work.
I just got home about 15 min ago and i realised everything is covered in dust and its so fine that you can hardly tell but u can feel it.
Walking around bear foot for a few mi and my feet are brown.
My computer desk looked clean until i moved the mouse and you can see the outline of dust, i don't know wether to laugh or cry, all i know is i got a busy cleaning night ahead

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Yes, I like t think of this as a mystical sign.
I'm having too many weird dreams as well.

Shortly before WWII broke out, there was a geomagnetic storm from the sun that cause widespread bright auroras all over Europe.
People panicked, and supposely, this was mentioned in Fatime, as a prelude to the greater world war to come.

Now, this is just a huge dust storm, not a magnetic storm.
However, we just have now two new sunspots.
And we are a few days from the famous webbot October predictions.

Originally posted by JRSB
Well Im not from Parramatta but very close

All I can say is, it's a strange date for this to happen

Hopi prophecy:

We will receive many warnings allowing us to change our ways from below the Earth as well as above. Then one morning in a moment. We will awaken to the Red Dawn. The sky will be the color of blood, many things will then begin to happen that right now we are nor sure of their exact nature.

For any followers on timewave, this is a pivotal date

Apparently Europe witnessed similar days before ww2 was declared, it was also mentioned in the Fatima appirations

Well this is a conspiracy forum

[edit on 23-9-2009 by JRSB]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Hi there from Northern Rivers New South Wales with dust and gusting winds... but on the good side seems to be abating.

No conspiracy here though, 70% of the state is in severe drought, and as another poster stated the top soil is very dry and just takes a little wind to create a massive dust storm. Sorry no aerosol particles and most probably nothing to do with sunspots either, but can't be sure!

And I thought that OzWeatherMan lived in Darwin but was currently working out of Woomera. Maybe he could pop back in and clear this up for us.

Ozzie, Ozzie, Ozzie, Oi! Oi! Oi!

And go the Broncos in the Nrl Semi Final this weekend

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join