It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Ahmadinejad proud of Holocaust denial

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

news.yahoo.com

He stoked the fires ahead of the visit with new comments casting doubt on the Holocaust. Asked about widespread condemnation of such remarks, Ahmadinejad said Monday: "The anger of the world's professional killers is (a source of) pride for us," according to state news agency IRNA.

During a speech Friday, he questioned whether the Holocaust was "a real event" and called it a pretext used by Jews to trick the West into backing the creation of Israel. He said the Jewish state was created out...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
For all of you who think that Israel is blowing smoke about Iran's intentions and ambitions, look at their President's comments about Israel.

Ultimate say on Iran's nuclear program lies with Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who stands at the top of the country's clerical leadership. On Sunday, Khamenei took a tough line, saying accusations Iran was seeking a bomb are "a lie and a trick against the Islamic Republic."

"The American government must change its policy," Khamenei said. "The Iranian people are watchful against this animosity and will stand up against it."

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is the true leader of Iran, but he has put Ahmedijerk in the spot light as Iran’s Public Relations figure. This is the guy that the religious leaders believe is the best person to speak for their country.

Israel has a right to worry about a country that continually questions Israel's right to exist and legitimacy, especially with the nut jobs in charge of the machine over there.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-9-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

/fail

It truly never ceases to amaze me how disgusting and low of comments that people can make. I was appalled enough when his latest statements were made, but now to see him stand behind them gloating...

Just wow...

-Sliadon

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

PressTV story denies the denial. Unbelievable!!

www.presstv.com...

While he did not deny the Holocaust, the Iranian president, who plans a speech before the UN General Assembly, raised some questions about the issue and asked Western powers for a logical answer.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm sure some will come on here and say it was a mistranslation.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
I'm sure some will come on here and say it was a mistranslation.

I have friends who can speak persian, and there was no mistranslation. Ahmadinejad has denied the holocaust many times.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

And yet he gets his media to deny he said it, why?

If you're a holocaust denier and proud, you don't tell your media to say you didn't say it.

Also, if you're trying to get people on your side, you don't just wake up one day and decide to make another speech about holocaust denial.

It's a bit alarming that calling people a bunch of holocaust-capitalizers means you are denying the holocaust happened. But the JDF and all organizations like them, are very adept at manipulating the media. And the war hungry Joe public, who get all revved up at the sabre rattling, salivating over the next big war.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

It's called back-tracking to cover up mistakes, and confusing your enemy. It happens all of the time. and it appears to work with some people. Ahmadinejad is probably saying all of this to distract the worlds media & attention from internal problems within Iran.

A few weeks ago Khamenei admitted there were no evidence of foreign backing for the protests, and the same day Ahmadinejad blamed protests on foreigners. They are in such a state that they spend all their time covering up the protests, that they don't have time to govern, and no government can last long like that.

Universities may not open in Iran, and regardless of that, students will either have more time to plan protests outside of uni, or have time to meet within uni. The regime loses either way, and they know it! Every decision they make will cause their downfall. I wouldn't be surprised if they wished Israel to bomb them, so what's left of the regime after the coup d'etat would be able to gain some form of legitimacy. Maybe they'll provoke Israel thru' hezbollah, we'll see anyway. I know most people here will call any attack false-flags, but this regime is getting desperate, so anything is possible.

PressTV announces millions turned up last Friday for support of Palestine, yet I've seen direct evidence of mass opposition protests dwarfing any pro-regime demonstrations, both on youtube, and regime state TV broadcasts. During Ahmadinejad's speech, people shouted "resign, resign, Ahmadi resign!", just before it was cut off. This was on their own state TV stations.

Anyway, I'm not going to spend a lot of time arguing with people here who don't really understand the issue.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Originally posted by john124

It's called back-tracking and confusing your enemy. It happens all of the time. and it appears to work with some people.

Yes it surely worked on this idiot, I am totally confused. I've never heard of this as a viable political tactic before.

A few weeks ago Khamenei admitted there were no evidence of foreign backing for the protests, and the same day Ahmadinejad blamed protests on foreigners.

That's two different people with two different opinions. What does that prove exactly. That these two guys dont really like each other? That they couldn't keep their story straight? No! it must mean that they say opposite things, just to confuse us!

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

That's just one example out of many, and if you have studied this regime's actions over the course of many years you would know just how they operate.

They are even playing some football matches behind closed doors, and showing other games on TV in black and white because they are # scared at the green flags the opposition take with them.

State TV on Friday muted the sound when the crowd were chanting "death to Russia", and said they were chanting "death to Israel". Oh, and don't forget the videos from 10-20 years ago they showed instead at times in place of the Friday's demonstrations.

Nobody has to bomb this regime, they are falling apart on their own.

Israel won't be stupid enough to bomb them, unless they are strongly provoked via Hezbollah and chemical rockets maybe. Even so, if depends how desperate the regime becomes. We'll just have to see.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

That's two different people with two different opinions. What does that prove exactly. That these two guys dont really like each other? That they couldn't keep their story straight? No! it must mean that they say opposite things, just to confuse us!

It means they are giving accidental signs of what we knew all along, and covering it up - that the protests are unhappy Iranian's, and they have no proof of their silly claims of western backing.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Well what a surprise!

More twisted propoganda to try to garner American support for a needless war that will send oil prices through the roof and collapse the world economy because someone is questioning that the Holocaust populated Israel?

It did! Immigration records rarely had more than 10,000 Jews a year moving there before Nazi Germany ramped up it's Labor Camps.

The funding of Hitler and who funded Hitler lead back to the usual Zionist suspects.

Did a lot of Jews, Poles, Slavs, Ukranians, Catholics, Homosexuals, Gypsies and political dissidents die in the Labor Camps?

They sure as heck did.

But it has been grossly overplayed and was grossly overplayed and is still being grossly overplayed to allow Israel and it's Zionist supporters to break International Law and treaties.

Yes I sure can see why the Israelis and their Zionist supporters around the world wouldn't stand for that.

The truth after all is a very damaging thing to some people.

[edit on 22/9/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Oh no doubt, they have a lot of problems. And a lot of criticism has been aimed at the regime and lots of it deserved. However my concern is just with this topic and what it's about, this specific detail about holocaust denial.

Even if he's calling for the extinction of all Jews (which btw would mean that I would be murdered too) that's fine. Just so long as he doesn't deny it afterwards, because that's when my BS detector goes off. Basically we have to stop sucking up news about Iran through our Jpost straws.

Ahmadinejad isn't stupid as you know. It's not to his benefit to go around spouting stuff like holocaust denial and the extinction of Jews, yet he still does it, digging his own political grave. Why? It's not as if he has support for wiping out the Israeli state at home, and if he does, then that near enough says that the elections were legitimate after all.

So if the Iranian people have no appetite for extinction of Jews. And dangerous language like that is only going to get you pre-emptively hit by Israel, probably joined by America at the very least. Then why do it? Why risk making yourself into the next Saddam Hussein? It's just suicide. He surely doesn't have that much faith in the faltering protection that the Russians offer him.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I think he does gain popularity at home by making such statements. I've seen enough photographs and video of ordinary Iranians and students burning Israeli and American flags in the streets. Ahmadinejad is just trying to shore up support after the shaky election. I wouldn't doubt a poll showing the majority of Iranians support extermination of Jews. Some on here even feel the same way.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Those polls would not be accurate, check out videos on youtube from Friday's opposition demonstrations.

Yes, there are 1000's of Iranian's who burn Israeli flags, but there are millions of Iranian's who protest against the regime, and tear down Hezbollah militia flags.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

en.rian.ru...

MOSCOW, September 21 (RIA Novosti) - Iran's president said on Monday he was proud he had managed to enrage the West in denying the Holocaust during his speech in Tehran on Jerusalem Day, Israeli media reported.

In an apparent reference to Israel and the West, Ahmadinejad was quoted by the official Iranian News Agency (IRNA) as saying that angering "professional man-slayers is a source of pride for us."

Speaking at a rally in Tehran to express solidarity with the Palestinians on Jerusalem Day, on Friday, Ahmadinejad again called the Holocaust a myth, and said Israel needs to be confronted because its existence "amounts to an eternal insecurity in the region."

Ahmadinejad's words were condemned around the world.

The speech comes days before Ahmadinejad is to travel to New York to address the United Nations General Assembly, and two weeks before Iran starts dialogue with the West.

Here's a Russian source (not only western media), and it's quoted from the IRNA: an official Iranian news source. Ahmadinejad is trying to deflect attention away from internal issues by saying this. God know's if he actually believes in what he says, and if he thinks his words will win back the minority of Iranian's who voted for him, then he's sadly mistaken. As I said previously, all possible actions this regime can do can only make things worse for them. That's why they are finished.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I think he does gain popularity at home by making such statements. I've seen enough photographs and video of ordinary Iranians and students burning Israeli and American flags in the streets. Ahmadinejad is just trying to shore up support after the shaky election. I wouldn't doubt a poll showing the majority of Iranians support extermination of Jews. Some on here even feel the same way.

Funny A comes before I alphabetically my good American friend, but of course placing the Israeli flag first as you always do and then tying America into it as a secondary consideration...exactly how many pictures of these flag burnings is enough to warrant murder and sending world wide oil prices skyrocketing and collapsing the world economy?

1 picture, 2 picture, 3 picture's a dollar? How much have you got invested in oil futures by the way.

[edit on 22/9/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Those people have probably all been killed or imprisoned by now.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

And don't forget the regime controls the media there, and apart from on youtube videos, we will only see anti-Israeli and anti-western demonstrations, which of course are the regime carrying out their own demonstrations.

Although we must not let slight misperceptions allow us to delude ourselves into trusting an illegitimate president's word, when Ahmadinejad does not have the authority to make such decisions.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

reply to post by john124

Those people have probably all been killed or imprisoned by now.

The regime cannot kill or imprison millions of people, as that would provoke an almost instant revolution. The regime's last actions on this earth would probably invoke mass murder of opposition supporters, and possibly Jews.

Opposition demonstations occurred last Friday, and when security forces arrested protesters, local police released them. Even the local police forces are turning away from Khamenei and his son who took over in June's military coup d'etat that used a Soviet style takeover.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join