It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW Sunspot Appears over Suns Eastern Limb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
finally, new sunspot appearing on the eastern limb of the sun!!

www.spaceweather.com...

[img]
[/img]

[img]
[/img]

doesnt look like theres anything huge or extremem happening just yet.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
What?
No one noticed the class B flare? Where are circle runners?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I watch the sun thru SOHO but its down for two weeks. Were else can I observe SUN INFO.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

oh dash it. why do these things always happen while youre asleep!!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

The Sun is breaking out in spots. In addition to the one which rotated around from the far side, there is one forming now in the the northern hemisphere.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

nice , finally something decent to watch !!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Two at once! Woohoo! Party!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
At last a bit of action, been waiting so long for spots, unlike a teenager.
second spot, i mean line.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Here comes some bad weather and political climate.

Read somewhere that sunspots effect humans more than we knew aside from our electronics but we are electronic beings as well.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Two at once! Woohoo! Party!

hummm....

Space Weather News for Sept. 22, 2009
spaceweather.com...

NEW SUNSPOTS: In a year when the sun has been utterly blank 80% of the time, the sudden emergence of two large sunspots in a single day is a noteworthy event. Today is such a day. NASA satellites and amateur astronomers are monitoring a pair of growing sunspots, both apparently members of long-overdue Solar Cycle 24. The emergence of these active regions is not enough to end the deepest solar minimum in nearly a hundred years, but they do represent a significant uptick in solar activity. Check spaceweather.com... for images and updates.

CHARLIE PERRY SOLAR NEWS
Earth Approaching Sunspot Records, Corey Jones talks to Charlie Perry, a research hydrologist with the U.S. Geological Survey in Lawrence
Perry said there is a feeling from some in the scientific community the Earth may be entering into a grand minimum, which is an extended period with low numbers of sunspots that creates cooler temperatures. The year without a summer, which was 1816, was during a grand minimum in 1800 to 1830 when Europe became cooler, Perry said. Another grand minimum was in 1903 to 1913.

solarcycle25.com...

I think Phage is forgetting that during years of grand minima SUNSPOTS STILL APPEAR IN THE SUN...

How many times have you, or someone else who agrees with you, posted about some sunspot as if that was proof the Sun went back to normal?...

I think you better hold your party a bit longer instead of jumping at every sunspot as if they were some kind of proof that the Sun's activity is back to normal...

[edit on 23-9-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Sorry, I forgot to include the sarcasm tags.
It was meant as sarcasm, as in "wow...two sunspots...big deal".

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

i dont think anyone is saying the sun is back to normal just yet, but it is good to see some action (even little spurts of action).

nobody knows for sure at all what will happen in the coming months or years leading up to the next "maximum" in 2013.

Thats the exciting thing for me. Anything is possible, regardless of the scientific findings. IMHO of course.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

And a couple of nice shiny B flares to go along with them.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
New Sunspots are crackling away with a "C" class flare in there.

New-cycle sunspot 1026 is crackling with magnetic activity, and this morning it produced a C-class solar flare

If you thought that flare seemed small, you were right. It was about 100-times too weak too affect Earth. During Solar Maximum, such a minor eruption would probably go unnoticed and certainly unmentioned. But during the deepest solar minimum in almost 100 years, it's a big event. A C-flare! The blast raised no radio blackouts or radiation storms--only the hopes of solar observers for something more flamboyant

[img]
[/img]

[img]
[/img]

The best activity for a good while! Keep it coming Sun, Keep it coming!

www.spaceweather.com...

[edit on 25-9-2009 by grantbeed]

[edit on 25-9-2009 by grantbeed]

top topics

join