It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial Law Survival

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Found this site while cruising about checking up on the FEMA Camp information.

www.martiallawsurvival.com...

It's a commercial site, aimed at selling books, but the premise behind is all over ATS. Perhaps one of our members?

Any thoughts? Reviews on the author? Content? Anyone have a chance to read it?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrowmancer

It's a scam!!!,,,this person claims to have been a "political advisor to a very powerful elected official" and would "tweak laws to favor our constituents", (nice touch, but I don't think so). Then he claims to have the answers to survive Martial Law,,,don't buy into it, he'll usurp 50 bucks out of you and when you get the book it would be full of info you can get here at ATS.

It's a con job playing on your fears....

[edit on 21/9/2009 by Illuminottie]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Are you peddling items gypsy? Where did you get them? Give me your tears now

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
If they actually try to enforce Martial Law .. That's just suicide for them , as there is no way they can win .

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Absolute BS. For $49.95 you get an E-book? C'mon! That's just
rape. If they acctually CARED about other's safety it would be
for a reasonable price. I say he knows nothing of value you
don't already know. BUT, I COULD BE WRONG.

Who knows? It might save your life. Or maybe you'll end up
mad for sending 50 bucks. If anyone DOES actually have that
kind of money to waste by all means please share anything of
value you find with others in the survival threads.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
If I were the gubment, I'd set up a very similar scheme...serves more than one purpose. Get some money from those 'survivalists' dumb enough to buy the 'book' (that yeah, they could probably get here) and fatten up the 'list' a little bit.

You know, that 'list' that we are all on already. Oh...that gives me a new idea.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Appreciate the comments! This was kinda my first reaction, as well. But ATS has taught me nothing, if not to check that first reaction and logically examine a subject. As such, I can't deny that the premise and principal subject matter of the author's advertisement and claim of content is bashed around on ATS every single day. In normal circumstances, I would have been skeptical to the point of prejudice toward the site, book, and it's author. But something put me in check.

Perhaps some other reading material from the Survival community? Recommended authors? A Survival Book Club?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrowmancer

Perhaps some other reading material from the Survival community? Recommended authors? A Survival Book Club?

I can heartily recommend the following;
Field guide to wilderness survival by tom Brown Jr.
Field guide to urban survival by tom Brown Jr,
Bushcraft by Mors Kochansky (survival in northern arboreal forests)
Wilderness first aid by Wayne Merry

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think that some info in it is good but, if you use your head you will already know what the book says.
In the military I have seen and done road blocks and have been in several 3rd world countries. If you wanna be safe be invisable....hide in plain sight....stay away from gatherings, avoid know hot areas, take the path least traveled and do what you can to go unnpticed.

These are all common sence things that you should do in martial law along with many others......me I'm using what I have first and then getting the hell outta dodge if it comes to my neck of the country.

Something to think about also.....if you bug out how far do you go to be safe?....walking distance?.....a weeks hike?.....2 hr by car?...If you have a location to go to, will it be far enough away that you will not be rounded up?...just some food for thought...all of the survival topics can blend 1 right into another easily......
If this country goes into martial law, this country is gonna be in for another 1776.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Surviving martial law?

Have a rural dwelling that is self sustaining, and don’t draw attention to yourself. Pretty simple really.

join