It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holy Grail of the Unconcious

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thirdeyeflight

yeah...good find chap!
i will def need to read this. these types of stuff, conspiracy etc i cannot leave alone!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
great material in this thread! the synchronicity of the release of this book (and this thread) is astounding! we may just get THERE after all ?!?!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

The image, without knowing it's true meaning in the book, reminds me of those mentioned before that we can't see or are cloaked. One movie was Predator. It looks as though he's being pierced in the throat more than the heart, as if one of the chakras or to silence him

Not familiar with the book or subject really.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This looks like a good preview.

I hope it's the same book

philemonfoundation.org...

It's expensive man...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The book looks like it was printed yesterday.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I can tell that this will be edited down quite a bit to still keep the masses stupid. I for one would only believe half of it.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Being written by Carl Jung, I'm not surprised there would be some hidden or secret knowledge contained therein. He was very much into Eastern and Western spiritualism, alchemy and astrology.

From Wiki article on Carl Jung::

In 1913, when he was 38, Jung experienced a horrible "confrontation with the unconscious". He saw visions and heard voices. He worried at times that he was "menaced by a psychosis" or was "doing a schizophrenia". He decided that it was valuable experience, and in private, he induced hallucinations, or, in his words, "active imaginations". He recorded everything he felt in small journals. In 1914, Jung began to transcribe his notes into a large red leather-bound book, which he worked on, on and off, for sixteen years.[26]

When he died, Jung left no instructions about what to do with what he called the "Red Book". His family eventually moved it to a bank vault in 1984. Sonu Shamdasani, a historian from London, for three years tried to convince Jung's heirs to publish it—they generally said no to every hint of an inquiry about it, and as of 2009 only about two dozen people had seen it. But Ulrich Hoerni, Jung's grandson who manages the Jung archives, decided to publish it. When money ran low, the Philemon Foundation was founded and raised more.[26]

In 2007, two technicians for DigitalFusion, working with the publisher, W. W. Norton & Company, painstakingly scanned one-tenth of a millimeter at a time with a 10,200-pixel scanner. It will be published in October 2009[27] in German with "separate English translation along with Shamdasani's introduction and footnotes" at the back of the book, according to Sara Corbett for The New York Times. She wrote, "The book is bombastic, baroque and like so much else about Carl Jung, a willful oddity, synched with an antediluvian and mystical reality."[26]

The Rubin Museum of Art in New York City will display the original and Jung's original small journals from October 7, 2009 to January 25, 2010.[28] According to them, "During the period in which he worked on this book Jung developed his principal theories of archetypes, collective unconscious, and the process of individuation." Two-thirds of the pages bear Jung's beautiful illuminations of the text.[28]

[edit on 21-9-2009 by TheComte]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Seems a very interesting a possibly game changing book, typically though this will never see paperback and will be circulated in special editions for $200 a pop.Really against the teachings themselves.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Well, first off, I am not a Christian, my beliefs into whatever cosmic muffin outside this system of "supposed reality" controls this alleged universe we deem to be real, is inconsequential. As far as Crowley goes, he did have the "Satanic Black Mass" performed at his funeral, hmmm, does that mean he went fully into Satanism, you decide. I understand Thelema btw, I have read pretty much all of Crowley's work, everything has many names and labels, it's just a matter of subjective perception.

Cheers

[edit on 21-9-2009 by bobs_uruncle]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is great, I'm gonna buy this ASAP!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Killah29
I can tell that this will be edited down quite a bit to still keep the masses stupid. I for one would only believe half of it.

How can you tell this without having read the book?

This book isn't for the masses, the masses wont buy it, wont care about it, wont read it, and most wont know who Jung even is! The masses have little to no interest in psychology, the unconscious, archetypes and alchemy... This would be a much different world if they were.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
For anyone that's seen Donnie Darko, this reminds me of Roberta Sparrow's Philosophy of Time Travel book.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Wow, nice find! I will be ordering this book as well!

There is no such thing as "too much" information! Kudos for those that are excited about this book, and that have an open enough mind to read things even when they disagree, and research information, even when it isn't what they want to hear!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Wow. Many of these exact pictures, and characters I have seen within my dreams throughout my life. I have personally never even heard of Jung, yet it seems that I have many similarities with this man. I do wish I was able to afford this book, but perhaps I will obtain it when the time is right.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I forgot to say - I notice it's in German (obviously). What do people think the likelihood of a translation is?

If it is translated, it seems unlikey that it would be done in the same calligraphic style, which is unfortunate as it's really nicely done!

Edit: Just to add that Amazon lists it as in English, but the pictures they show of pages are still in the original German scans.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Nova]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The Gospel of Judas isn't agnostic in theme, I think you mean gnositc...

To what end. has it changed Christians thinking? No. Will it? Probably not.

You can't really generalize like that, most Christians, self professed, hardly even read their own New Testament. You expect them to indulge in scholarly work? Which requires thinking? They don't even care enough about their limited faith to even read or research about it. For those actually working for spirituality, all texts are valuable.

There are those that work only within their own desire for pleasure, and those that expand that desire to other people. That's what it comes down to, in any religion or spirituality.

I'm not sure what his title is but the author Stephan Hoeller is probably jumping for joy over this. He wrote a book called, i think, "The Gnostic Jung". I'd be very curious as to what his thoughts are on this.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thirdeyeflight
A 100 year old book that may contain some secret knowledge. This would be so cool to see. Its been locked in a safe deposit box in Switzerland and is finally going to be published here is the full article

www.nytimes.com...

Well, if this book makes it to publication then I will buy a copy of it.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
can someone please keep an eye on this and keep us posted (me!) on the price and location (availability) of these works?

Thank you.

deep breath!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
coming soon

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1254111879&sr=8-1

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
So, has anyone read it yet?
I'd be interested in hearing people's opinions.

(There are a few reviews on Amazon, but it's difficult to engage in a fruitful exchange of opinions there.)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join