It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holy Grail of the Unconcious

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
A 100 year old book that may contain some secret knowledge. This would be so cool to see. Its been locked in a safe deposit box in Switzerland and is finally going to be published here is the full article

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
very interesting indeed, thanks for bringing this to all of our attentions.

kinda brought back thoughts of the movie the 9th gate, the old book written by Satan or something like that.

will be interesting to see when it comes out. If you want ancient secrets read the tao te ching however

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

I have thanks. Any more suggestions though I do enjoy reading.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by thirdeyeflight

Fantastic article! And congratulations to Carl Jung for having the courage to lose his mind!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Wow, thats so exciting!
I can't wait to get a copy of this.
Sounds incredible and the knowledge contained in it may be something that we are needing at this time.

Carl Jung was an outstanding thinker and explorer (or scientist as he liked to put it). I'm sure there are very valuable insights in this book that apparently is in some form of personal "trip" diary.

I'm thinking that he probably feared to expose a lot of what he thought because it could evoke an aggressive reaction from people or even from the government or church, and as it appears he already had enough trouble to deal with.

This book may be a historic mark!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Nice post, thanks!

It makes me wonder how many other books are locked somewhere just waiting to be "re-found", how many knowledge still hold in the hands of few.... I mean so many pages of pure wisdom & knowledge under selfish wishes......

That was a great post though!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

man, that was one freakishly long editorial

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
the gospel of judas was locked away in a sd box for 50 years almost.

when it was finally placed at a museum and studied, what it contained profoundly shocked the christian scholars.

It was agnostic in theme, as were all the Essene texts and dead sea scrolls and many oft heir teachings contradict what the established church would have you do (intercession of priests).

It even received an entire spread in the notable propaganda magazine National Geographic.

To what end. has it changed Christians thinking? No. Will it? Probably not.

Esoteric knowledge simply isn't digestible by most of us.

We are a simple lot for the most part, slaves to our paycheques and possessions, going about our daily lives numbed from a sense of our own humanity.

very few of us will ever break free from that yoke. And those who do, become fringe and ridiculed or held in awe which further distorts the reality of the slave mind that the rest of us have.

i admit it in myself, i see it in most others.

It is strange.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Nice find but.... Why is this book coming out now?

It would seem there are two schools of thought on the value of the book; one that sees it as the enlightenment of a renowned thinker and another that posits that the book is simply the rantings of a psychopath and delusional. It seems, it again all comes down to polarization.

I did notice in searches that people like Aleister Crowley and MacGregor Mathers subscribed to much on Jung's "thinking." Which makes one wonder as to where that path leads? They were both the originators of the Order of the Golden Dawn which was tied to P2, the Masons, the Illuminati and the Templars. Crowley went on to full Satanism and Mathers went into the philosophy of symbolism in "magic," when they parted due to ideological reasons.

What I have read so far is "different" and I would not say in any way outstanding. I got a better kick out of the Keys of Solomon or The Sacred Magic of Abremalin The Mage (both by MacGregor Mathers) or the Black Book of Enoch when it comes to symbolic visualizations and transference. You can get all these books at www.scribd.com under the group Ancient Magic, you can also find excerpts from The Red Book on scribd.com.

I still see a problem with timing, as I said, why now? These wankers don't do anything without a reason. There is always some problem to create or amplify, some solution to provide that will make someone a hero and then of course a paradigm shift in laws, privacy or thinking. Plus, if Jung was a psychopath as some subscribe and part of our current psychology is based on Jung, does that make us all partially psychopathic and now we are going to find out how sick we all really are?

In any event, it's interesting reading in this holographic simulated universe.

Cheers

Bob

Genesis - In the beginning, there was chaos, the programmers screen was blank. So the programmer said "let's get to work and build a simulation to see how we came to be and where we are going." Then He turned on His computer and began His work and after 6 days He finished and His Boss said, "You know, that's pretty damn good, but make all the people stupid so we can have some fun with this."

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If you are looking for magical book, try this one.

Handbook for the New Paradigm
www.cco.net...

If embraced, this book teaches one the ways of the “magician,” and how to apply the “Universal Laws” in manifesting dreams into reality.

It contains a caveat though; the magical knowledge will only work effectively for those who have a purposeful intention of living within the “highest and best good of all concerned.”

If you adhere to this condition, the book will literally come alive and begin to speak to you and your life’s issues almost directly, seeming as if it is actually transforming dynamically each time you reread passages.

Peace on Earth!

[edit on 21-9-2009 by seasoul]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Exciting! - I can only assume there's some synchronicity involved in the timing of this release.

A great many people have lost their mind only to come back and share wisdom with the rest of us. Enlightenment is hidden within so many of Jung's writings, I wonder if he's going to be more open in this tome.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

The central premise of the book, Shamdasani told me, was that Jung had become disillusioned with scientific rationalism — what he called “the spirit of the times” — and over the course of many quixotic encounters with his own soul and with other inner figures, he comes to know and appreciate “the spirit of the depths,” a field that makes room for magic, coincidence and the mythological metaphors delivered by dreams.

Wow! I am sure the "red book" will be an absolute revelation. The real inner story of one of the greatest thinkers published, without poetic alterations or intellectual rationalization, only the true path towards enlightenment...

wow, i can't wait to read it.

fixed tags k/j

[edit on 21/9/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Star and Flag!

Color me intrigued! I've long felt that Jung was treading in some very interesting waters, but had better sense and less Ego than his fellow swimmers. (Crowley comes to mind, though you can trace this branch of mysticism pretty directly back to John Dee and Edward Kelly.)

Jung was always good for identifying and defining certain intangible experiences. He brought (for the most part) the rigor of science to bear on the mystical and cosmic experiences. While I doubt this book is going to awaken anyone who is not already on an Interesting Path, there is a very good chance that it may but names and structure to the weirdness that a lot of the world's more "receptive" people have been gnawing on more and more these days.

Reading through this piece, you really do get the sense that this could end up being a real Event.

:::WARNING - Indulgence of Strange Tendencies ahead:::

Particularly taking some of the more esoteric elements of the Collective Unconcious into the mix, there can be some very Odd Vibrations set out upon the world when the type of people who read this type of book read it within a period of a couple of weeks.

Jung was, after all, an Adept of sorts; a brilliant madman who was tapping some significant veins. Humanity has not seen many like Jung, certainly not recently. Even the works of folks like Crowley, RAW, Fuller and Leary; while visionary, are more derivative than experiential and are not as widely read as this promises to be.

An October 7, 2009 release date. Let us assume that the people reading this thing will rigorously plough into this thing. Let us assume also that the work is similar to Finnegan's Wake in complexity and intellectual chewiness. The Psychic Plain could be taking something of a jolt pretty much throughout October. The same timeframe that people round these parts are already fretting about.

I'll need to read the article a little more closely and do a little more research to see if we can figure out what is prompting this particular release at this particular time, but this could be Big in the Larger Scheme of Things.

Considering the various assaults on humanity that may be forthcoming, this could be huges.

Here's my question: Would this Event be a straw intent on breaking the camel's back, or might this be coming to somehow provide reinforcements to the Mass Psyche? Might this be an attempt to provide humanity with needed tools for the coming events or an unimaginably complex psyops action?

Whatever the case, I will be reading this shortly after it comes out!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Although I'll be getting a copy myself, Jungian at heart, I doubt this will have much of an impact on society for at least a year or so's time. Why? The list price is $195 USD! This is a book for collectors and scholars, not your run-of-the-mill mass bookstore occultist. Now, if there is a bit of wisdom to be found that a non academic can appreciate, it won't spread wide until the paperback release (if any), hence the one year off projection.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
WOW!

AMAZING!

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.... I have included a few pictures of it here...

But before you look on these... take note.. that in Tolkiens books Bilbo, the reluctant thief had written a book titled "There and Back again" But it was also known as the "Red Book" penned by "Mr Underhill"

I'm struck by the similarities.

I myself have been waiting for this for a long time, as I have long been a student of "The Invisible world" I have found my self longing for something to renew my faith, and I believe this is it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/b4e36089507abb0e.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/17efb74616af78d4.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/4d590111351e3df5.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/6067c5e0aa56e86c.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/3c4fbb8b79dce775.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/ce9f843df5fdd0ad.png[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thomasblackraven

Good catch! I hadn't been able to find the list price. Guess I too will be waiting for a paperback relase. A year delay sounds about right, barring events too clownsh*t crazy for me to even voice here.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm already on the waiting list at my local book shop

This picture, right here, is what has me drooling:

Such beauty, such vision, such depth!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Crowley didn't go into "Full Satanism" unless of course you are a Christian who misunderstood Thelema.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
There are so many red flags to this that point to the NWO/Illuminati I don't even need to point them out. They just bounce right out of the article.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Wow, that's not just a book it's a piece of art. I'll be picking up a copy of that based on the images alone, amazing stuff.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join