It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama. What his definition of "is", is.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

President Obama and ABC News' George Stephanopoulos got in a testy sparring match Sunday over whether the president's health care plan includes a tax increase, leading the host to look up the Merriam-Webster dictionary definition of taxes.

In the interview airing Sunday, Stephanopoulos pressed the president on his plan to require people to purchase health insurance.

"Under this mandate, the government is forcing people to spend money, fining you if you don't. How is that not a tax?" the host asked.

www.foxnews.com...

Same old song and dance. Surprisingly from ABC. Gotta give Stephanopoulos credit for holding him to that.

Reason for the title? He really is reminding me of Clinton in this.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20/9/2009 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 20-9-2009 by mikerussellus]

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 20/9/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Why is it when I hear our President speak I feel like I'm at Uncle Lenny's Used Car Lot?

It seems like mandatory health insurance is on it's way. I will fight tooth and nail against this. I cannot afford my mortgage how the # am I going to afford $400 a month for health care?

I guess it will boost our economy one way or another, you are going to have to lock up all those people that cannot pay for health insurance or pay the fines.

Wait a minute.. Don't you get free health care in prison paid by U.S. taxpayers?

I will riot in the street before I am forced to pay a mandatory payment every month to the ### insurance company's.

Welcome to the United Corporate States of Amerika

[edit on 20-9-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

Thanks for your reply.

I just want to get a t-shirt that says "I told ya' so" to all of those that are for this.

You're right. If those of us have problems paying bills now, ie;economy, unemployment, how in the hell does he expect us to pony up even more money?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Thanks for your reply.

I just want to get a t-shirt that says "I told ya' so" to all of those that are for this.

You're right. If those of us have problems paying bills now, ie;economy, unemployment, how in the hell does he expect us to pony up even more money?

YW

I like how Obama compares it to auto insurance. I can choose to own and operate a vehicle I can't choose to be alive (I'm sure Ezekiel Emanuel disagrees).

[edit on 20-9-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I can also opt to not own a car.

I suppose next, he'll try to tell us that we have to own GM cars, now that the "company" is his.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Financially, that is scary if Obama is comparing health insurance to auto insurance as the latter is required for you to drive a car. A lot of people do not even have health insurance because it is an additional burden when they are struggling to even make it past the month!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

The true irony here is there is already money which could provide a real healthcare system, but We have thugs, and honest to god carpet baggers in Govt.

There is a fundamental problem occurring, and has been for a while; that is We have been dumbed down not to even know the single language We are supposed to have in the USA; so "esquire's/lawyer's" rule the roost. We must regain Our once great stature, but that won't happen until We completely hit the bottom of the barrel, and rid Ourselves of 545 People.

Thank You for the heads up on the info.S&F

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
all i can say is good luck getting poeple who cant afford to live to pay for this...i predict riots in the streets...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I can also opt to not own a car.

I suppose next, he'll try to tell us that we have to own GM cars, now that the "company" is his.

No No No I believe obama wants us to ride bicycles that way we will not be

polluting the environment. ^Y^

[edit on 20-9-2009 by amari]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Thanks sancho. The twist? They're not even hiding it anymore. It's like they're not afraid of any repercussions, and that they don't give a d@mn about what people think.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

In that case, you can just get Obama-aid. To help you out. He's going to want everyone of us on some sort of dole soon anyways.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisd250

I do predict much of the people not paying the fines, or the imposed insurance.

They gonna lock us ALL up?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

Bicycle companies leave too large a carbon footprint.

We'll be walkin'.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This whole situation stinks.

The government will take our money. Nothing new there.

Only this time, they'll be giving us the health care they want us to have.

.......yeah, right. Better hide the pups, peoples. I see a pooch screw on the horizon.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
And yet, calling Obama a liar is considered a racist attack by a good many people, including the U.S. Congress, and more than probably the administrators of this website, even with all the evidence presented.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What obama means by (IS) is he will spend, the already for practical purposes

bankrupt U.S. into oblivion and this has been preplanned in the behind the

scenes back rooms of this administration make no mistake. If obama keeps this

spending up that is projected for the next 10 years our children will be asking

us why we did nothing to stop this insanity. Tax and spend Tax and spend. ^Y^

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

They are showing there arrogance; as they think "We The People" are too stupid to care, or see the light of day.

The time is almost at hand that We will stand up, or the Elites will gain totalitarian control; I'm betting on us

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

reply to post by chrisd250

I do predict much of the people not paying the fines, or the imposed insurance.

They gonna lock us ALL up?

Yes, if they can profit from it. Corrections Corporation of America (CCA)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/30ad57dd1352.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

And yet, the increase in "healthcare" isn't a tax. The proposed increase in cap and trade, won't be a tax.

To heck with 10 years, my friend, we're talking NEXT year.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

well one more personal freedom down the tubes.I'm afraid that once we start down this road theres no stopping the government from fining us for other things as well. Next could be to curb obesity the government could levy a fine for every pound your over your ideal weight. They could make the same exact arguments for mandating insurance. It causes premiums to go up it also leads to hospital visits we shouldn't have to pay for such as treatment for heart disease.In fact replace the word health care with obesity in his speech and it could continue even further.

My god what happened to my country!

[edit on 9/20/09 by dragonridr]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join