It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama. What his definition of "is", is.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
reply to post by mikerussellus

They are showing there arrogance; as they think "We The People" are too stupid to care, or see the light of day.

The time is almost at hand that We will stand up, or the Elites will gain totalitarian control; I'm betting on us

I agree this is where we as a nation are headed for the elite to have complete

toiletarian control over our lives. ^Y^

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by orderedchaos

You said it. And they'll expect us to smile alllll the way through it.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Screw it. I'll say it.

Obama, you're a liar.

What stikes me as funny (in a sad and pathetic way) is that he wants all of us to have insurance so we don't pay for someone who doesn't have insurance.

But by everyone "paying" into the system, that is exactly what we would be doing, paying for everyone.

edit to add; my father was black as well. gonna call ME racist, Mr. President???

[edit on 20-9-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by amari

Bicycle companies leave too large a carbon footprint.

We'll be walkin'.

You are so right how silly of me and when 300,000,000 citizens and illegals

go walkin they emit gas so the government can charge a green tax of

$175.00 per person per year similar to the green tax proposed to be

implemented in 2008 when cattle passed gas into the air. I almost forgot to

include the pets that the Weople own lets give the pets a break and the

government only charge $50.00 per year for each pet passing gas. There

are over 200,000,000 cats and over 200,000,000 dogs alone. That is alot of

footprints to tax that could be imposed. ^Y^

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

What the "weople" need is an allowance.

On saturday, Big Brother, er. . . uh. . . King Oba. . . . . Dear Leader, can give us some change, give us our "food" tickets for the week, and just keep our paychecks.

It's called a"flat" tax. He takes a flat 100% and we get to be happy and safe.

-joy-

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Screw it. I'll say it.

Obama, you're a liar.

What stikes me as funny (in a sad and pathetic way) is that he wants all of us to have insurance so we don't pay for someone who doesn't have insurance.

But by everyone "paying" into the system, that is exactly what we would be doing, paying for everyone.

edit to add; my father was black as well. gonna call ME racist, Mr. President???

[edit on 20-9-2009 by mikerussellus]

Yup. Because a good many people who are totally for this, the taxpayer will be "paying" for their insurance. So those who take responsibility for their lives will be "paying" for their insurance, plus through their taxes "paying" for an unknown more who hold no responsibility.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

The "is, is thing", is exactly what I thought when I saw this today, lol

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

thanks.

We have smart people here. I'm sure lots got it.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

It was pretty pathetic Mike.
I just caught a glimpse of it, I couldn't watch.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

It was painful to watch. But George S. stuck to his guns. I hope this interview gets legs with the MSM, but I won't hold my breathe.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Line 1 Page 29 of the Baucus plan, which Obama is now pushing

The consequence for not maintaining insurance would be an excise tax.

Source:
finance.senate.gov...

Guess Gibbs had better dust off the ol' "misspoke" defense, once again!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by amari

reply to post by amari

Bicycle companies leave too large a carbon footprint.

We'll be walkin'.

You are so right how silly of me and when 300,000,000 citizens and illegals

go walkin they emit gas so the government can charge a green tax of

$175.00 per person per year similar to the green tax proposed to be

implemented in 2008 when cattle passed gas into the air. I almost forgot to

include the pets that the Weople own lets give the pets a break and the

government only charge $50.00 per year for each pet passing gas. There

are over 200,000,000 cats and over 200,000,000 dogs alone. That is alot of

footprints to tax that could be imposed. ^Y^

Just got the weirdest image, people and pets walking around with meters hanging on their rears. You would need to 'check in' once a month to have your meter read. The more gas you expel the more you pay.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I agree with almost everything you said, except the part where you think you will be able to skip buying into his healthcare program. I can guarantee one of only a couple things will happen:

1. If you are employed, the money for insurance and/or the penalty for NOT having insurance will be automatically deducted from your paycheck.

2. You will not be able to see a doctor or go to a hospital WITHOUT having insurance. Should you arrive without insurance, my guess is that you will be signing on the dotted line before they treat you.

3. Any penalties or fines not received via employers, will be added or included with your tax return. My guess is that anyone filing as self-employed will have to submit some kind of proof of insurance coverage and/or money to cover the penalty.

Believe you me, this will be enforced. It is the only way they can get the insurance companies on board (they're banking on people preferring non-gov't run healthcare plans) and the only way Obama can pay for this plan is to have everybody paying something -- whether it's the monthly payment or the penalty.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Taxes on sugar drinks, which leads to taxes on anything considered "bad for you", then taxes for not joining a "federal gym" then taxes for each pound your over weight. This will happen, because the government needs funds to pay for all their take overs.
Anyone else want to pitch in and buy an island to inhabit so we can go back to what the original founders created? I'm in. Geeesh!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Anyone else want to pitch in and buy an island to inhabit so we can go back to what the original founders created? I'm in. Geeesh!!!

Looks like we ran out of places to run.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The fact that George looked up tax in the dictionary means he is stretching? How fracking ignorant is that.

This is what it sounded like to me when he said it.
"If you do research to prove your point, you're lying. If you were telling the truth you would already know. Since you didn't instantly know that I was lying I must be telling the truth."

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this, Mike. I hope mine gets closed down soon. Here are my comments on this latest crock of crud.

Obama: Mandate is Not a Tax (a rose by any other name..)

Obama: Mandate is Not a Tax

STEPHANOPOULOS: You were against the individual mandate...

OBAMA: Yes.

STEPHANOPOULOS: ...during the campaign. Under this mandate, the government is forcing people to spend money, fining you if you don’t. How is that not a tax?

OBAMA: Well, hold on a second, George. Here -- here's what's happening. You and I are both paying $900, on average -- our families -- in higher premiums because of uncompensated care. Now what I've said is that if you can't afford health insurance, you certainly shouldn't be punished for that. That's just piling on. If, on the other hand, we're giving tax credits, we've set up an exchange, you are now part of a big pool, we've driven down the costs, we've done everything we can and you actually can afford health insurance, but you've just decided, you know what, I want to take my chances. And then you get hit by a bus and you and I have to pay for the emergency room care, that's...

STEPHANOPOULOS: That may be, but it's still a tax increase.

OBAMA: No. That's not true, George. The -- for us to say that you've got to take a responsibility to get health insurance is absolutely not a tax increase. What it's saying is, is that we're not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore than the fact that right now everybody in America, just about, has to get auto insurance. Nobody considers that a tax increase. People say to themselves, that is a fair way to make sure that if you hit my car, that I'm not covering all the costs.

STEPHANOPOULOS: But it may be fair, it may be good public policy...

OBAMA: No, but -- but, George, you -- you can't just make up that language and decide that that's called a tax increase. Any...

I know the source of this is a blog. I'll try to find other sources of this recorded conversation.

What we have is President Obama telling us 'No New Taxes!' (sound familiar?) and then calling an increase in the money OUT OF OUR POCKET a 'mandate' instead of tax.

I will give him this, he is an awesome speaker and has the gift of complete BS. Does it matter WHAT you call it, when it is something you have to pay to the government out of the money you earned? Nah, I don't think it really matters.

The difference it makes? It allows, through the convoluted use of language, for President Obama to keep his 'promise' of no new taxes, while still raising money for his proposed programs.

Hooray for using words anyway you like.

I wonder if we would get away with not paying taxes and calling it something like, 'fiscal independence stimulation.'

Prolly not, huh?

A tax by any other name is still a tax.

Again, thanks Mike.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

On that, I would have to concede to you.

You're right.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

De nada, KS. De nada. Just want to inform the folks.

And since Obama never said he'd raise "excise" taxes, I guess he's free to raise ours as high as he wants.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join