It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bulgarian lottery picks same numbers in straight draws

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

The sports minister Svilen Neykov ordered a special review after 4, 15, 23, 24, 35, and 42 were drawn on Sept 6 and again on Sept 10 in consecutive lottery rounds.

The probability of this happening is 4.2 million to one, according to the Bulgarian mathematician Mihail Konstantinov, although he added that such coincidences can happen.

SOURCE

A very interesting happening i have to say.
Even if the odds are very very low it can still happen

This makes me think of the timewave zero ideas.
Are we getting closer to this zero point ?

Any more examples any one ?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

Just as long as the mist doesn't arrive with giant spiders, flies, worms and beetles.

It's really unusual for a 1 in 4.2 million event to happen. Essentially it was more likely for the human race to become extinct during the next 24 hrs by an asteroid impact, than for this to occur! Truly amazing!

Imagine if it happened again next week, that would be truly incredible and so improbable, that I might start believing in superstitions.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

The sports minister Svilen Neykov ordered a special review after 4, 15, 23, 24, 35, and 42 were drawn on Sept 6 and again on Sept 10 in consecutive lottery rounds.

in consecutive lottery rounds.

Wow .... that's interesting .

Though, not in the same order as the previous draw, it would seem .

Coincidences can and will happen ...... but we are never ready for them .They will always mess with our heads.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
How about New York City

9-11

SOURCE

Lotto Numbers were 911

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
It's really unusual for a 1 in 4.2 million event to happen. Essentially it was more likely for the human race to become extinct during the next 24 hrs by an asteroid impact, than for this to occur!

Yup - and even more likely than that - the machine was rigged. Not only huge odds, but twice in a row? The man from Occam, he say "No".

Will be interesting to see what the results of this 'special review' are.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I would not be surprised if lotteries are rigged. Everything else seems to be rigged these days.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
dudes its bulgaria,i live there,afcourse its rigged,but i dont know why same numbers in a row O_o

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
If the chances of the same combination were 1 in 4.2 million, what are the odds for winning outright? Seems like 1 in 4.2 mil is pretty low, when you compare that to your chances of winning the UK Lotto which is something like 1 in 14 million. Yes, you are more likely to be hit by lightning, die in a planecrash or be hit by a meteor than winning the Lotto, but people do win it, proving it is not impossible.

Seems like a coinkydink to me, unless proven otherwise.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Well, my friend, I recommend you go to your nearest lottery retailer and get a ticket with 4, 15, 23, 24, 35, and 42. Just in case.

That is quite amazing, and even more so with the statistical probability being so low. Now if it happens again, I'm going to yell "rigged" or start building my 2012 shelter lol. Did anyone mention what the odds are of it happening again?

Thanks for posting, cool read.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
naa man i dont play lottery XD fyi here we call it "TOTO" XD

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I have a feeling this mathmatician is messing up the probabilities, as if this is a 5 out of 45 lottery the probability of any given combination would be 45x45x45x45x45, or one in 185.5 million, aproximately. Add two together and you have one in 370 million, without even factoring in the added improbability of consecutive numbers and the same combo. I'm not in any way a mathmatician, but I think the improbability is staggering on this one, and it seems to me like someone messed up with the software controlling whatever cheat mechanism is behind the Loto.

I do suspect lotteries are rigged, as we do hear someone winning every now and again but the actual control of the process is in the hands of a few people and there is only an appearance of openness. If everything else in this world is turning out to be corrupt, because of ponerology, why not the Loto's?

The Lie is everywhere. Entropy is everywhere. This is the death culture, it destroys everything true.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think you are right about thew probabilities, his calculation seems way too low to me.

I do suspect lotteries are rigged, as we do hear someone winning every now and again but the actual control of the process is in the hands of a few people and there is only an appearance of openness.

But what do you mean by this? People win every day (or every week), around the world. I have won substantial sums more than once. I know nothing about "rigging" it.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
rigged- my view is, they have forgotten that numbers was played already

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124

It's really unusual for a 1 in 4.2 million event to happen. Essentially it was more likely for the human race to become extinct during the next 24 hrs by an asteroid impact, than for this to occur!

Not if that lottery has picked numbers 4.2 million times already !

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
how did they let that happen?

if this is a 5 out of 45 lottery the probability of any given combination would be 45x45x45x45x45

wouldn't it be 45x44x43x42x41? because you can't get the same number twice

[edit on 19-9-2009 by PastorOfMuppetz]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PastorOfMuppetz

That sort of detail was why I threw in the caveat I'm not a mathmatician. You're right of course.

Either way it comes out way above the 4 million mark.

XL5

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
lostpedia.wikia.com...

Maybe these numbers should be played^^^. Four of the numbers match!

I think its rigged, if I lived there, I would play the lost numbers and then never play again.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I have a similar story that is much more improbable.
Two years ago when I was at the physic class we had a task I cant
remember what was about not hard at all but the interesting thing was
that the solution could be from - infinity to + infinity if not then it had
a very big number range and not to mention the decimals and I jokingly
sad 1.14 and that was the answer. What are the odds on that.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
If the chances of the same combination were 1 in 4.2 million, what are the odds for winning outright? Seems like 1 in 4.2 mil is pretty low, when you compare that to your chances of winning the UK Lotto which is something like 1 in 14 million. Yes, you are more likely to be hit by lightning, die in a planecrash or be hit by a meteor than winning the Lotto, but people do win it, proving it is not impossible.

Seems like a coinkydink to me, unless proven otherwise.

Yes, that's the odds for each ticket, but since more than 14 million tickets are bought, the odds that someone will win each week on average is greater than 1 - so someone has to win!

This 1 in 4.2 million event is a single event independent of other events, which makes it a rarer occurrence. But not as rare as me, or you winning the lottery.

People are hit by lightning and meteorites, it's just highly unlikely for it to be yourself.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Here are the odds of winning a US powerball jackbot: 1 in 195,249,054.00 Yet every few weeks people do hit it, yes odds are high of it happening but it seems that it did happen.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join